• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
this movie is getting free publicity just by hiring good people

happens for most movies but this one has made like an ad campaign out of it

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
THR's sources say he is a corrupt cop or a district attorney

Peter Sarsgaard is headed to Gotham City. The actor is joining The Batman. On Friday, The Batman filmmaker Matt Reeves shared a photo of the actor on Twitter, where he has been sharing other castings. Sources speculate he could be playing a corrupt cop or a district attorney. If he is indeed playing a district attorney, Sarsgaard's character would be one familiar to comic book fans: Harvey Dent, the DA who becomes the villain Two-Face.

The Batman stars Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as playing Riddler, Colin Farrell as the Penguin and John Turturro as crime boss Carmine Falcone. Jeffrey Wright will play Batman ally Commissioner Gordon, while Andy Serkis is appearing as his trusted butler, Alfred.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Is it kinda ironic that Peter Sarsgaard is the husband of Maggie Gyllenhaal aka Racheal who was Harvey Dent's lover in Dark Knightand he is apparently playing Harvey Dent

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
"halfway through a shave"

Yeah, he's definitely Dent haha.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
kinda loosk like Hugo Strange

hugo-strange.jpg

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I don't really know how this cast will fit together but my goodness like Dune each time I see someone new I become more excited.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Someone has to be Calendar Man after all.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd have to be Dent, right? Considering the rumor that Jeremy Strong was up for the role, he seemed to be the only other major role not to be cast yet.

Oct 28, 2017
That's true, I think I literally just posted in that thread today as well. In my mind I kind of have these as two separate sort of things. Have they indicated that they're intending on doing the joint universe still?

I don't think there's any indication the writers of either movie are intending to create a universe, but I doubt they'd want to potentially throw away a perfectly good universe if both movies took off. They'd just write Zsaz out of one of the movies so that there was no conflict.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
He's behind glass in that .gif, isn't he?

Given the inspiration of The Long Halloween I would guess Calendar Man.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
I always thought he would make a great Lex, but I doubt that's happening in a Batman film

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this is awesome, but they had my money the moment they announced Jeffrey Wright as Jim Gordon.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want another Barman film for like a decade... but this film is forcing me to pay attention to it.