• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Heck yeah.

8.jpg

Her origin story is that she was married to a rich old guy who died so now she uses his money to be a super villain because she really likes Alice in Wonderland. Her power is that she's rich and people are willing to humor her as a result. I love her.
You forgot the Walrus, who has the proportional strength of a human size Walrus. Which is weaker than a normal Walrus because they are bigger than humans

images

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I just left manga Twitter, with the constant nerdy "anime waifu thirst" posts and came to Era, where no one acts thirsty or horny and WHAT DID YOU DO PEOPLE

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Heck yeah.

8.jpg

Her origin story is that she was married to a rich old guy who died so now she uses his money to be a super villain because she really likes Alice in Wonderland. Her power is that she's rich and people are willing to humor her as a result. I love her.
She's basically reverse Batman.

And she is glorious. I was so happy when she and Lady Octopus showed up as part of the Sinister Syndicate.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Frog-Man got an action figure a year ago. I was shocked.

Yep! And White Rabbit was in the same series.

I don't know which deranged toy exec decided to approve a "characters who appear together in a one-off issue a young Billfisto obsessed over" series, but god bless him.

Now if only I could get a Walrus..

Oct 8, 2019
Is Spider-man a harem anime?

Spider-man's Girlfriends

Primary Girlfriends: These are Peter's best known love interests, the one who show up for the adaptations

Gwen Stacy - Esentially Spider-man's Lois Lane, Spider-man's intended girlfriend who he dated in college. Her death changed comic books forever

Mary Jane Watson -starting off as a running gag, then as the party girl she developed into Peter's main love interest. Eventually married Spider-man until Joe Queseda's mid life crisis caused Spider-man to sell his marriage to Satan

Black Cat - A cat burglar who Spider-man falls in love with, but differentiates herself from Catwoman by being more obsessed with adventure. She's off and on again about whether or not she's a hero or a villain.

Secondary Girlfriends

EPjp7maXsA4_gxp.jpg

Liz Allan - The first woman in Spider-man comics, eventually moved on to Harry Osborn

Betty Brant - Secretary at the Daily Bugle, moved on to Ned Leeds

Debra Whitman - Another secretary, Peter's girlfriend for a short while until she went nuts. Probably best remembered for her prominent appearance in the 90's spider-man animated series.

Carlie Cooper = Joe Queseda's midlife crisis peaks when he conceives of Carlie Cooper named after his daughter. Yes, Joe Queseda wanted Spider-man to marry his daughter. Eventually dropped because she wasn't Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane or Black Cat

Cindy Moon/Silk - Bitten by the same radioactive Spider as Peter, this apparently causes them to make out constantly, the pheromone angle was eventually dropped once everyone not named Dan Slott saw how creepy it was and Cindy Moon became a successful character under different writers

There's a few others but none of them are that interesting or went far

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep! And White Rabbit was in the same series.

I don't know which deranged toy exec decided to approve a "characters who appear together in a one-off issue a young Billfisto obsessed over" series, but god bless him.

Now if only I could get a Walrus..

They came out within a month of each other, but one was in the Stilt-Man wave and one was in the Demogoblin wave.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They ordered like 5 covers from Campbell, lol

He even ended up putting his covers in his cover

lyyf4fj.jpg
I like this cover. Why can't Campbell do more of this?

Also, I'm all for the poly Pete/MJ/Felicia stuff I've been reading today. If the X-Men can explore free love, Spider-Man can too! Miles and Ben can be the ones with a basic relationship.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Carlie Cooper = Joe Queseda's midlife crisis peaks when he conceives of Carlie Cooper named after his daughter. Yes, Joe Queseda wanted Spider-man to marry his daughter. Eventually dropped because she wasn't Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane or Black Cat
Comic books really are just manga aren't they? lol

So now it's about a writer wanting to pair his girlfriend's together then.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
jesus they really went with the fridging angle, didn't they?

lets get some more muted shots of dead queens for manly motivation, can we

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the Mary Jane and Black Cat one -shot. I hope they make this an ongoing but it is not going to happen.

Also the art by Carlos Gomez in this week's ASM issue was nice. How does everyone feel that the new volume is going to be drawn by John Romita Jr.
I don't like his art at all.

Kaine_Parker

Jan 17, 2022
Gwen Stacy - Esentially Spider-man's Lois Lane, Spider-man's intended girlfriend who he dated in college. Her death changed comic books forever

Mary Jane Watson -starting off as a running gag, then as the party girl she developed into Peter's main love interest. Eventually married Spider-man until Joe Queseda's mid life crisis caused Spider-man to sell his marriage to Satan

Black Cat - A cat burglar who Spider-man falls in love with, but differentiates herself from Catwoman by being more obsessed with adventure. She's off and on again about whether or not she's a hero or a villain.

Cindy Moon/Silk - Bitten by the same radioactive Spider as Peter, this apparently causes them to make out constantly, the pheromone angle was eventually dropped once everyone not named Dan Slott saw how creepy it was and Cindy Moon became a successful character under different writers

There's a few others but none of them are that interesting or went far

The interesting thing about Gwen Stacy is she WAS supposed to be the love of his life, as that was Stan Lee's intention with the character form the start. I heard a story where one time he went to take a trip to meet with some executives, and when he came back into the offices they had killed Gwen Stacy off without telling him, which pissed him off because just a short time before that he had killed George Stacy, lol.

But ultimately MJ works better for Pete - especially on how they evolved her from her early 'life of the party' persona, so Gwens death in ASM#121 actually serves a much greater purpose & impact and lesson to a fantastic character, than she ever would have had she remained alive.

and lol at Joe Quesada and Carlie Cooper. That's my understanding of how that came about, too.
It's funny, he's a great artist and has written some decent work in the past, but because of that travesty of a story, he will forever be known as Joe "one more day" Quesada, lol.