• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

On the KindaFunny "We Have Cool Friends" Interview show, when asked about GhostWire Tokyo Pete Hines said that he is excited for people to see the game and that is has an interesting parallel with Doom Eternal

Ghostwire was the most interesting thing at Bethesdas E3 conference, but we have no idea what the game actually entails. Guess Pete is saying we'll see gameplay of it this E3.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
My random guess is that it's not an grappling hook shotgun, or a pumping metal track.

Which suggests that it probably has some sort of multi-player mode where you can play as whatever's haunting Tokyo and mess other people's game up.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Still really hate how the lead for this game left the studio and we never got any other info besides that

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Interesting parallel as in also launching on Switch? >:)
/jk
Don't kill me, please.

That statement is just too vague.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Quote:

"On both Deathloop and GhostWire, I'm really excited for you to see the game itself. Uhm... I won't say anything now, but it does have an interesting parallel to DOOM Eternal that I'll talk to you about once we show GhostWire that I'm curious if you picked up or noticed... After you see it, I'll explain a little bit about it. I'm sure we'll talk a little bit about where the connective tissue is between those two things. I'm curious if you sense it or notice it. I think once I tell you what it is..."

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
They both got hit with huge delays?

I'm still excited to see both this and Deathloop, but I have basically no idea what to expect from either :P

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Probably the "Hell on Earth" parallels but in Ghostwire Tokyo is Paranormal on Earth.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
It will be released the same day as major Nintendo property, prompting a deluge of adorable fan art of two iconic characters from both games hanging out and supporting one another.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear that the game is still on track.

I really want this one to be great.

I don't like that Nakamura left but on the other hand we don't know how big her input really was. She's a likable personality but that doesn't mean the game falls apart just because she's left the developement.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Not sure why onyone would want this insulting jackass on their show, disrespecting and lying to fans is something Hines does best.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I'm more surprised its still in development. They never bothered to address if its still a thing after creative director left the company.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
it probably has some sort of multi-player mode where you can play as whatever's haunting Tokyo and mess other people's game up.

That sounds awesome but I'm still waiting on an experience like that that's as good as the L4D Versus mode. It feels like anytime this happens it's just a dumb smartphone app.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They never announced a platform for either this or Deathloop, so I kinda assumed they were both nextgen games.
I figured they would be cross-gen since Bethesda was pretty open about Starfield and ES6 being next-gen only

And I don't think many publishers will be putting out next-gen only games for at least 1-2 years after holiday 2020, Square Enix straight-up said they aren't planning to transition quickly to next-gen only

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some good stuff on there about the Fallout 76 launch and the thought process going on behind the scenes.

It's cool the Bethesda let's it's devs try new things and doesn't pigeon hole them into a singular franchise/genre.

I know Era has an irrational hate boner for all things bethesda. It would be interesting to see what would happen if our precious Sony greenlit something new an internal studio wanted to try and it went horrible as well. Would we be so up in arms? Hmm...

Wastlanders update sounds pretty great, it's clear they are listening to the fans when building updates. I hated the game at launch, was a complete waste of money. Wastlanders might bring me back again.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
That sounds awesome but I'm still waiting on an experience like that that's as good as the L4D Versus mode. It feels like anytime this happens it's just a dumb smartphone app.
I would agree that it's a cool idea, but only if it's 100% optional and I can still play the game in offline single-player if I so choose.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Tango is full of very talented people. Ikumi left, that's unfortunate but let's not act like Shinji fucking Mikami cannot step up to the task or anything. John Johanas too

I thought Mikami left but if he's still working there then its in good hands.