• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
images

Me too, Imagine backing someone or respecting someone that is pulling in single digits with minorities ( and for good reason). 90% of the white cis gays on my Facebook feed are weeping rn

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
Pete always felt like he was running just to make a name for himself and accidentally ended up with a national following. this probably hurts Bernie since he went pretty hard at him.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I'm not going to say all of the mean things that I could and normally would say about the problems with Pete, but two things I liked about him:

1: He spoke about faith while arguing to protect the separation between church and state. I get why this annoyed people - it annoyed the hell out of me - but a lot of people are still religious in the midwest. Smart play to authentically try to win that vote for the first time since Carter.

2: He's smart and well-spoken, and despite my opinion of him or yours, I think the probably made Democrats look better as a whole in debates. It's good to have a bench, and any independent or Republican who watched a debate probably views him as at least competent. Trump? I doubt it.

Plus, I think the historical piece is amazing. Six years after marriage equality and he's in 3rd heading into super tuesday? That piece of society sure has changed for the better.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
lol a rat all the way until the end

farewell Pete, see in 8 years when you tell AOC on stage that her plan to give everyone healthcare is too radical

less

Oct 25, 2017
I may have soured on Pete starting late 2019 but I'm glad that he ran as a Gay candidate and did as well as he did. That clip with the young boy was amazing. <3

Whatever the results will be of Pete dropping out...it will certainly be interesting.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I'm surprised. I got a fundraising text just a little bit ago. (I donated very early in 2019)

A historic campaign for many reasons and he should be commended for making it this far. Obviously I thought this vision of his candidacy in early 2019 was much more appealing than the more moderate approach he took down the stretch, but still I'm glad he was in the race.

Last edited:

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
If there's any truth the the stories about Putin helping Bernie's campaign, this is the endgame. He wants Bernie's supporters to see victory so close that they can taste it, only for another candidate to clinch the nomination. Then they can flood twitter and reddit with "DNC rigged primary" conspiracy theories to depress Democratic turnout in the general election.

Or the Democratic establishment is trying to "rig" the primary and we can leave Trump out of it.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this thread and the lack of moderation about it has definitely left me resigned to the fact a bunch of straight people have some homophobic shit they clearly still haven't worked out.

Please do keep using personal insults about the gay candidate that you would never use about any of the rest of the field and insisting it doesn't mean anything. It's a great look.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Pete's hoping to be VP... for Biden or Warren or Bloomberg. Unlikely he'd be picked for Bernie, though not completely impossible.

It's funny to think of Pete & Pence on the same stage. They look the same, like a FaceApp old filter. They're politically like dark mirror versions of each other; homophobe vs out and married gay man whose also a veteran. It's like a checkmate on Pence inherently. The Battle of the Indiana Nice Boys.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Pete certainly wasn't one of my favorites in this race. Only candidates I liked less than him were Bloomberg and Gabbard. But the amount of people calling him "rat boy" or similar here and other places just don't know the damage they are doing to their preferred candidate. Obviously, Pete's campaign resonated with a significant amount of people and they are likely extremely bummed out at this moment. With a race as close as it is and how polling and everything can shift in a second - "spiking the football" and shitting all over their favorite certainly isn't endearing them to your campaign.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm just going to say I really hope the next Gay candidate we have isn't as much of a fraud as he turned out to be. You don't get brownie points for me just for being gay, sorry.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
honestly gay folks deserved a better candidate. If an enby showed up on stage and started to dismiss latin american coups you bet your ass i would be throwing virtual tomatoes at them

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this thread and the lack of moderation about it has definitely left me resigned to the fact a bunch of straight people have some homophobic shit they clearly still haven't worked out.

Please do keep using personal insults about the gay candidate that you would never use about any of the rest of the field and insisting it doesn't mean anything. It's a great look.

I literally do not know a single lgbt person on or offline that has an opinion of pete anything higher then great dislike. LGBT people deserve a better candidate then some McKinsey fuck bulldozing all the black neighborhoods in his city

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled so hard for Warren. I really wanted her to win this thing. Sexism is apparently still insurmountable.

Even so, I still think it would be strategically advantageous for her to drop tomorrow and endorse Sanders.

She fucking despises Biden and Sanders is closest to her on policy.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
On the other hand, Pete as VP for Bernie makes sense, too... he had the letter he wrote admiring Bernie, early in his career. Whereas Bernie is old, Pete is young. Both of them were mayors. They can both appeal to a "small town sensibility" to beat Trump in battleground states like PA.

And Pete actually makes more sense than Warren or another senator because the Democrats need those seats, and the vacancy will be filled in the meantime by a Republican governor.

The major mismatch with Pete is his willingness to court billionaires versus Bernie's clear opposition, but I feel like that could be spinned as Pete being like, he's going to be the moderator/translator between the moneyed interests and Bernie's agenda.

Lastbroadcast

Jul 6, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Wasn't expecting Pete to go before Klobuchar and Warren, but it's clear he had no pathway to the nomination. If you can't crack 10% in the Southern primaries, you're a goner. I think Klobuchar and Warren might hang in until Super Tuesday, since their home state primaries are on, but not after that.

It's pretty obvious this is now a three way race - Sanders vs Biden vs Bloomberg.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I literally do not know a single lgbt person on or offline that has an opinion of pete anything higher then great dislike. LGBT people deserve a better candidate then some McKinsey fuck bulldozing all the black neighborhoods in his city

All the LGBT people that I know who like him are all West Hollywood white, privileged gay people. Also, for whatever it's worth I am not offended in the least buy any personal insults thrown at him . FOH with them being homophobic, they're not, he just sucks

Oct 26, 2017
Me too, Imagine backing someone or respecting someone that is pulling in single digits with minorities ( and for good reason). 90% of the white cis gays on my Facebook feed are weeping rn

I think all 20 candidates who ran for president for the Dems other than Biden, Bernie, and Bloomberg have never hit 10% with non-white people fwiw.

Warren has somehow managed to do worse with non-white people than Pete.

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, I anticipate Trump will hit Biden very effectively on trade in the Midwest. Having been a supporter of both NAFTA and the TPP, he's got even more of a liability on that than Clinton.

Exactly, there's so much to hammer Biden with that is seen as wholly negative by both the left and right and he's establishment as they get. I'm not convinced people hate Trump for the policies but rather his personality and conduct.

I pulled so hard for Warren. I really wanted her to win this thing. Sexism is apparently still insurmountable.

Even so, I still think it would be strategically advantageous for her to drop tomorrow and endorse Sanders.

She fucking despises Biden and Sanders is closest to her on policy.

While sexism is no doubt a factor, she started tanking when she unveiled her plans and started making clear politically convenient moves.

Her political instincts are woeful.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I think all 20 candidates who ran for president for the Dems other than Biden, Bernie, and Bloomberg have never hit 10% with non-white people fwiw.

Warren has somehow managed to do worse with non-white people than Pete.

The difference was we had his run as mayor in South Bend as a huge red flag as to why. A lot of people for some reason ignored that when people tried to remind of his record as mayor ( not saying you did )