• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
for anyone unsure, all the moderates will get out after super tuesday and it'll be Biden, Bloomberg Sanders and Warren (who will refuse to drop out)

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
So Steyer, Buttigieg. If Bloomberg didn't enter this race it probably would've been a slam dunk for Biden at this point.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This election will not be won with the same demographics as last time. Biden will lose int he same way Hillary did. He brings no one to the polls.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
It's only a positive to Bernie if Buttigieg doesn't endorse Biden. I would assume Buttigieg endorsing Biden would be why he'd announce he's dropping before ST.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Buttigieg was exciting at first. I thought the first LGBTQ president sounded neat. He came out looking like a real progressive at first and then degenerated to the center as the campaign really started to move. He was incapable of being aggressive on stage without looking like a total asshole though. There was something about his way of dishing things out that came across as a tad mockish. It didn't help his image imo.

Either way, onward we go!

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
It's disconcerting to see people still confident about Biden thinking we're still working 2008 Diamond Joe even after experiencing The No Malarkey Express. I would rather have someone who can stay coherent.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
The desperation of the corrupt DNC to stop Bernie at all costs.
twitter.com

Political Polls on Twitter

“Buttigieg's Supporters Second Choice: Sanders 21% Biden 19% Warren 19% Bloomberg 17% National @MorningConsult 2/23-27 https://t.co/jU1f9H79p6”

Most of his followers have Bernie as their second choice.

I think this dropping out is just the symptom of SC proving to his campaign that he is not favored by black voters. And that really matters.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This election will not be won with the same demographics as last time. Biden will lose int he same way Hillary did. He brings no one to the polls.
200.gif

Dec 31, 2017
I'm sure Butti supporters will go to Bernie too. But now other candidates in Ca might be viable, and that's the real hard hit against Bernie.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well Tuesday just got a lot more interesting, I imagine he'll still get 3% or so in a lot of states

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

My thoughts basically. They'll do everything they can to stop Bernie, and this is just one part of that plan.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather just wait and see than get bothered by whether someone is or is not spoiling someone else's chances.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
This assumes the Biden campaign would mimic what the Clinton campaign did in the Midwest, i.e. ignore it. That is not going to happen.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Every person using the phrase rat fucker needs to think long and hard about why the gay candidate is the only one they attack physically, and why Pete gets more personal abuse than any other candidate are in the race.

It really doesn't reflect well on anyone saying that stuff. You can critisice a candidate and their policies without using personal insults. It's pretty depressing to see so many people behaving in such a shitty way.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I'm not sure how a candidate who has no path to victory droping out of the primary is an example of "corruption."

That's a core part of how primaries are run.
Right before Super Tuesday? Its obvious that Butt is dropping out to strenghen Biden even more.

Also the corrupt part i just meant in general.

twitter.com

Political Polls on Twitter

“Buttigieg's Supporters Second Choice: Sanders 21% Biden 19% Warren 19% Bloomberg 17% National @MorningConsult 2/23-27 https://t.co/jU1f9H79p6”

Most of his followers have Bernie as their second choice.

I think this dropping out is just the symptom of SC proving to his campaign that he is not favored by black voters. And that really matters.
Second Choice polls doesnt include if Butt endorses Biden or even could get a spot on Bidens admin.

0 chance any of this also the case with Bernie.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

If there's any truth the the stories about Putin helping Bernie's campaign, this is the endgame. He wants Bernie's supporters to see victory so close that they can taste it, only for another candidate to clinch the nomination. Then they can flood twitter and reddit with "DNC rigged primary" conspiracy theories to depress Democratic turnout in the general election.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
If Biden doesn't go for a woman / poc, I could see him getting Pete as his VP.

Long shot though, I still think it's going to be a woman or a poc.

I can't imagine a ticket as incoherent as this one. With Pete's platitudes that lead nowhere and Biden's long rants where he can't put a sentence together, it would be something else.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This assumes the Biden campaign would mimic what the Clinton campaign did in the Midwest, i.e. ignore it. That is not going to happen.
No it doesn't it assumes what has already been demonstrated. Biden runs a lackluster campaign that doesnt move any new or untapped demos. He ha sno cult of personality or grassroots campaign to back him up. He is a trap candidate. And will be beaten soundly by Trump.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bye bye Mayo Pete.

Back to the wine cave you go. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be to sure about that. I have a hard time believing Biden will excite more turn out than Hillary did in 2016.
The thing is Clinton excited a ton of turnout...for her opponents. Lots of people vote Bernie in the primary and Trump in the general just because they hated her so much. I don't think Biden will have that problem.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

I dunno, I anticipate Trump will hit Biden very effectively on trade in the Midwest. Having been a supporter of both NAFTA and the TPP, he's got even more of a liability on that than Clinton.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Right before Super Tuesday? Its obvious that Butt is dropping out to strenghen Biden even more.

Also the corrupt part i just meant in general.
Yes, that is also how primaries work. Candidates drop out at important moments to maximize their relevance, even in defeat. If Warren dropped out and endorsed Bernie it would go down in exactly the same way.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Eh disagree. 2016 was an inherently sexist election. Male gaffes hit differently and are more easily forgiven. The fact that Trump is president should be more than enough proof. He's way less coherent, yet here we are.

You're not going to see the Nytimes pulling the shit they did with Hilary with a white man. A Biden presidency is acceptable to the capitalists. A Sander's presidency is an existential threat for them and they will pull out even more stops if he's the nominee that'll make the primary look like a riding a bike.

I'm just worried that the media will do their thing and white folks gonna white folks and we're looking at another 4 years of Trump when Bernie can't win FL or WI because of the media narrative (which is absolutely why Clinton lost because of Emailzzzzzz). Maybe my fear is not rational but there's a lot at stake on this election for me and folks I care about as a black immigrant to this country.