• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
How dare anyone slander Blathers he is legit the best NPC in the franchise.

Also what about the bugs tho don't they count as animals that should be free lmao

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
My one conspiracy theory is that Meat Industries contribute a lot of these types of "stunts" ect. to just make Animal Ethical Treatment Advocates look more bonkers. And to reinforce the societal acceptance of "eating meat" and not giving a shit.

Similar to those horrible TRUTH ads (against smoking) are just paid for by the Cigarette companies because they have to.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, for sure. The hatred for vegans and animal rights activism on the internet is pure "poor triggered SJWs" energy.

Yep, it just comes off as a lot of disinformation. Like, sometimes PETA has to euthanize a lot of animals and it gets misconstrued as "PETA KILLS DOGS AND CATS". Yeah no shit, it has to happen sometimes to control populations.

God forbid PETA does something to get attention. Most of the time it's completely harmless, but people are out for their blood.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Peta is ridiculous, but the anti peta shtick is getting old

People: PETA kills animals!
Also people: GNOM GNOM BACON

Ya'll like pets, not animals.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, it just comes off as a lot of disinformation. Like, sometimes PETA has to euthanize a lot of animals and it gets misconstrued as "PETA KILLS DOGS AND CATS". Yeah no shit, it has to happen sometimes to control populations.

God forbid PETA does something to get attention. Most of the time it's completely harmless, but people are out for their blood.

Go read the article I posted and look at the pictures. Over 80% of the pets PETA takes in are euthanised. Healthy animals. Killed. For no reason. Then their carcasses stuffed in bin bags and dumped in the bin. Most shelters don't have to euthanise anywhere near those levels. Why are a PETA doing it?

Fuck off with this "disinformation" when all this in widely available for you to look up.

Not to mention they have literally funded criminals to conduct arson attacks on animal labs.

Stop supporting and funding this awful organisation and give your support to shelters/charities that haven't been proven to needlessly kill animals or fund criminals.

Peta is ridiculous, but the anti peta shtick is getting old

People: PETA kills animals!
Also people: GNOM GNOM BACON

Ya'll like pets, not animals.

PETA kill healthy animals for no reason. And find criminals to commit arson attacks
Bacon is a food so the pig died to produce food. PETA aren't doing anything with the dogs and cats they kill other than dumping them in alley ways.

You know what's tiresome? People defending PETA.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Go read the article I posted and look at the pictures. Over 80% of the pets PETA takes in are euthanised. Healthy animals. Killed. For no reason. Then their carcasses stuffed in bin bags and dumped in the bin. Most shelters don't have to euthanise anywhere near those levels. Why are a PETA doing it?

Fuck off with this "disinformation" when all this in widely available for you to look up.

Not to mention they have literally funded criminals to conduct arson attacks on animal labs.

PETA kill healthy animals for no reason. And find criminals to commit arson attacks
Bacon is a food so the pig died to produce food. PETA aren't doing anything with the dogs and cats they kill other than dumping them in alley ways.

Why do you think they are euthanized?

Here is something I found on that article:

I don't want to jump into a trench for any side here, but maybe consider that one of the main sources in the linked article, petakillsanimals.com, is funded by the Center for Consumer Freedom which, in turn, exists because of donations from Philip Morris, Standard Meat Company, Anheuser-Busch, Bruss-Company, Cargill Processed Meat Products, Overhill Farms, Coca-Cola, Wendy's, Tyson Foods, etc. So I appeal for a little more criticism with regard to the interests that stand behind Peta-bashing.

Also, to my understanding, they get way too many pets that CANT find a good home. So even if they are healthy, how do you suppose they deal with pets that simply cant find homes?

Nov 1, 2017
Ah, PETA. The fuckwits that stole a 9year old's pet dog and killed it the same day despite local law demanding a wait period before euthanizing any "strays." Fuck them and anyone supporting them.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Why do you think they are euthanized?

Because PETA doesn't even try to rehome them? Which is why their kill rate for animals they take in is far higher than other shelters.

Was this supposed to be a gotcha or something? Why don't you do and read the material widely available and come back and give me a reason why they kill the majority of healthy pets in their care?

Here's another fun fact; PETA has also been heavily involved in spreading disinformation about pit bulls supporting questionable groups that seek to ban breeding of pit bull type dogs and kill ones currently alive in shelters etc.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles

Yea they both suck, I think people tend to justify their shitty behavior with another groups shitty behavior tho. That's usually the issue I see with it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Because PETA doesn't even try to rehome them? Which is why their kill rate for animals they take in is far higher than other shelters.

Was this supposed to be a gotcha or something? Why don't you do and read the material widely available and come back and give me a reason why they kill the majority of healthy pets in their care?

How do you know that, and why do you think it's so easy to "re-home" pets?

Consider the volume of pets they get.They logistically cannot all find a good home. What do you suggest be done in that situation?

We put down animals all the time, our meat industries are insane. Many of the animals we eat are cruelly treated. Do you eat meat? Because I dont understand all the PETA bashing that goes on when so many people gladly support meat industries.

Im just not seeing the big deal with euthanizing many dogs and cats if organizations simply can't find them a good home. The demand for pets doesnt seem as high as the supply.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
How do you know that, and why do you think it's so easy to "re-home" pets?

Consider the volume of pets they get.They logistically cannot all find a good home. What do you suggest be done in that situation?

We put down animals all the time, our meat industries are insane. Many of the animals we eat are cruelly treated. Do you eat meat? Because I dont understand all the PETA bashing that goes on when so many people gladly support meat industries.

Im just not seeing the big deal with euthanizing many dogs and cats if organizations simply can't find them a good home. The demand for pets doesnt seem as high as the supply.

Mate if your not even going to bother reading the material I'm not going to debate you. I've even linked an article in this very thread.

PETA takes pets in under the pretence of caring for them, doesn't try to rehome them, kills them with poison. Healthy animals. Killed for no reason. Why is PETA's kill rate for animals 50/60/70% higher than other shelters?

Because they aren't the same. Yes the meat industry has issues, but there's a difference between say a pig being raised to be killed (even if it is in horrific conditions) for food than killing a healthy pet for literally no reason.

Fucking wild on the same day we have a thread with people saying how much they love their pets and would never give them up even if it meant a better life, then people in here defending an organisation that needlessly kills pets. Contrast is crazy.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
They bought multiple copies of the game and had do the fishing to get them in the museum. Talk about hypocrisy. But that's PETA's MO.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Mate if your not even going to bother reading the material I'm not going to debate you. I've even linked an article in this very thread.

PETA takes pets in under the pretence of caring for them, doesn't try to rehome them, kills them with poison. Healthy animals. Killed for no reason. Why is PETA's kill rate for animals 50/60/70% higher than other shelters?

Because they aren't the same. Yes the meat industry has issues, but there's a difference between say a pig being raised to be killed (even if it is in horrific conditions) for food than killing a healthy pet for literally no reason.
Posting links to each other is not a debate. I already addressed your link with my own that calls into question your link.

Im trying to ask you a question to understand your position here:

You say their kill rate is 70%. Those stats are meaningless if you're not trying to understand the context here. If you receive a ton of pets that you Cant logistically find homes for, what do you think should be done? Is euthanizing them not something that should be done?

PETA could euthanize 90% of healthy pets for all I care. If they can't find these pets homes, I don't see what you expect PETA to do.

You're right, it's not the same: Animals being raised to live a life of suffering for your diet is far crueler than PETA euthanizing 70% of pets that can't find homes and ending their potential suffering. You're completely dismissive of one over the other. Why? Why is a dog being put down so much worse than raising a chicken or a pig in horrible conditions for their entire lives?

How do you know they dont try to re-home them anyway?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Posting links to each other is not a debate. I already addressed your link with my own that calls into question your link.

You say their kill rate is 70%. Those stats are meaningless if you're not trying to understand the context here. If you receive a ton of pets that you Cant logistically find homes for, what do you think should be done? Is euthanizing them not something that should be done?

PETA could euthanize 90% of healthy pets for all I care. If they can't find these pets homes, I don't see what you expect PETA to do.

You're right, it's not the same: Animals being raised to live a life of suffering for your diet is far crueler than PETA euthanizing 70% of pets that can't find homes and ending their potential suffering. You're completely dismissive of one over the other. Why? Why is a dog being put down so much worse than raising a chicken or a pig in horrible conditions for their entire lives?

How do you know they dont try to re-home them anyway?
huffington-pot-peta-kznkk3.png

This argument would be easier to sympathize with of PETA wasn't far and away worse than everyone else who has to deal with this problem.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017

You're right, it's not the same: Animals being raised to live a life of suffering for your diet is far crueler than PETA euthanizing 70% of pets that can't find homes. But it's funny how you're completely dismissive of that because "PETA kills dogs and cats". So what? Why are people hypocritically bashing PETA for euthanizing pets as if 70% of those pets could somehow all find homes?

How do you know they dont try to re-home them?

Can you supply evidence for why PETA couldn't find homes? I've provided evidence on my part. We are comparing the death rates of pets in PETAs care to those in other shelters. Why is PETAs drastically higher? What are other shelters doing that is different and more successful?

Also please remember PETA have connections to criminals that have committed arson attacks on animal labs.

I'm not dismissive of it. I am saying killing an animal which is raised for food is different from killing an animal for no reason.

(I don't mean to overlook the atrocities that obviously happen in meat production with this comment I just don't feel the comparison is a good one)

There's nothing wrong with animal rights activism. PETA is a vile, hypocritical organization. These two statements are both true.

This pretty much. There are loads of great ways to support animals rights that don't involve PETA.

Last edited:

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing wrong with animal rights activism. PETA is a vile, hypocritical organization. These two statements are both true.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Wake up everyone, down with Blathers, a true tyrant!

This message was paid for by the Nook Enterprises Center for Research, Lobbying, and Economic Development

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I swear PETA is a false flag operation to get people to instinctively hate the idea of organized animal rights.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's like we have a few PETA members sweating in here.
Excuse me ? I am not that familiar with this organisation neither with debates surrounding it. But when you enter in this thread you read a column of snarky grunts, tabloids anecdotes and private jokes. But at least now I can do some research and ask people around me.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
Can't see how you can defend an organization that run that kind of ads.
www.iflscience.com

PETA: It's Time For You To Remove This Terrible, Unscientific Campaign From Your Site

There are a lot of bogus claims about autism out there on the Internet. Countless quacks and angry Internet commenters will tell you that vaccines cause au

Yes, it's still up on their website, without the picture though, and then they doubled down some years later with an update.

Support your local shelters, fuck PETA.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Can't see how you can defend an organization that run that kind of ads.
www.iflscience.com

PETA: It's Time For You To Remove This Terrible, Unscientific Campaign From Your Site

There are a lot of bogus claims about autism out there on the Internet. Countless quacks and angry Internet commenters will tell you that vaccines cause au

Yes, it's still up on their website, without the picture though, and then they doubled down some years later with an update.

Support your local shelters, fuck PETA.
Hey man their hearts in the right place maybe 'thing organization is against' DOES cause 'scary condition'
why do you have a stinky attitude anyway thats the REAL issue

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Excuse me ? I am not that familiar with this organisation neither with debates surrounding it. But when you enter in this thread you read a column of snarky grunts, tabloids anecdotes and private jokes. But at least now I can do some research and ask people around me.
PETA is a decades-old organization and has been at this shit for just as long. I can understand if they don't have a presence in your country, but here in the U.S., their antics are widely known.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
TIL there are people on this site willing to defend fucking PETA.

Era is big enough to have a defense force for literally anything.
Conflicts like this thread seem everyday.

I love animals as much as the next guy but there's just too much foul stuff going on with PETA for me to be defending them in any way.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm starting to think at this point because it's almost comical how counteer-productive they are to their own stated goals.
I'm pretty sure all the "PETA KIDNAPPS PETS TO KILL THEM" crowd weren't exactly turning vegan anytime soon. It's pretty interesting how individual PETA incidents are supposedly harmful to the cause of veganism, but the blatant horrors of factory farming get a pass. Like, if you have a strong opinion on PETA for that reason, it follows that you must abhor animal agriculture by a factor a billionfold, no? Whatever you think PETA does, it doesn't compare to needlessly torturing animals and slitting their throats in the millions does it?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure all the "PETA KIDNAPPS PETS TO KILL THEM" crowd weren't exactly turning vegan anytime soon. It's pretty interesting how individual PETA incidents are supposedly harmful to the cause of veganism, but the blatant horrors of factory farming get a pass. Like, if you have a strong opinion on PETA for that reason, it follows that you must abhor animal agriculture by a factor a billionfold, no? Whatever you think PETA does, it doesn't compare to needlessly torturing animals and slitting their throats in the millions does it?
That's some wild whataboutism.

I'm talking specifically about PETA as an organization, I do not consider them representative of Veganism at all.