• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
I'm guessing P5R will be the experimental project for the "new" P-Studio. If they wanted to experiment before Persona 6 it would make sense to do so around a game that's more likely to be a traditional Persona experience, that way they can make changes to the series formula and gauge the response to those changes.

Credible sources (Jason Schreier) have strongly hinted that Persona 5 S is not an RPG. ATLUS has done a similar thing in the past, between P4 and P5, with the development of Catherine. Catherine has been said in interviews to be an experimental, growing experience for the team to challenge them in a genre they're not comfortable with. It makes sense for P5S to be an action game developed by P Studio to test the waters for what they potentially want to do with Persona 6.

I don't see how an enhanced remake of an old game has more potential to be more fertile grounds for experimentation than a new game in a completely different genre.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
ooooh if i only do one class this afternoon instead of two i can catch this with ya'll... whelp guess i'm skipping a class lol

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Credible sources (Jason Schreier) have strongly hinted that Persona 5 S is not an RPG. ATLUS has done a similar thing in the past, between P4 and P5, with the development of Catherine. Catherine has been said in interviews to be an experimental, growing experience for the team to challenge them in a genre they're not comfortable with. It makes sense for P5S to be an action game developed by P Studio to test the waters for what they potentially want to do with Persona 6.

I don't see how an enhanced remake of an old game has more potential to be more fertile grounds for experimentation than a new game in a completely different genre.
I mean, we don't know that P5R is a remake. Unless I totally missed something?

It could just as easily be a SMT IV:Apocalypse style successor or even something like the Answer from P3. Both would be opportunities to take a formula that is established and hasn't really changed much in 3 games and make some changes to it. That way P-Studio can take a crack at a Persona RPG without Hashino's involvement and also take some risks with the series without worrying about rocking the boat for a new mainline title.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! Forgot about this! All in for awesome songs and new games! Hopefully no announcements of announcements lmao

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
I mean, we don't know that P5R is a remake. Unless I totally missed something?

It could just as easily be a SMT IV:Apocalypse style successor or even something like the Answer from P3. Both would be opportunities to take a formula that is established and hasn't really changed much in 3 games and make some changes to it. That way P-Studio can take a crack at a Persona RPG without Hashino's involvement and also take some risks with the series without worrying about rocking the boat for a new mainline title.

You didn't miss anything. I'm just putting my final predictions out there before the truth if finally revealed.

It would be totally awesome if both P5R and P5S are both new games; I just feel like that's too much to expect. It just makes more sense to me that one of these games is an enhanced re-release and another is a new game.

APP

Dec 1, 2018
My body is ready for an announcement of an announcement.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Darn, i'll be seeing Endgame during most of the concert (when the announcements will actually happen). Oh well, that takes clear priority for me, but at least this will be here when I get out. Interested in what we'll see today and tomorrow (and i'll hopefully be able to check out the actual performance tomorrow).

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Guess who spent $7.11 on a premium membership for a video service he'll probably never use again?

This guy!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Mass Destruction Live on the TV thing in P4G was both the best and worst thing I've ever seen

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if this new content for R was a seperate thing like Answers or even Apocalypse, rather than just a remake. I'm curious about any new stuff but don't want to play through the main game again.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping The Royal is a substantial overhaul of the base game with some crazy new ideas/systems thrown in there as a way to test some stuff for Persona 6.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
How does this work again? It's an one hour long concert and then they tease some shit for tomorrow?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
wonder how i can get this onto my chromecast...

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the director is currently working on Project Re Fantasy so if they are then it's not the usual crew.

it won't be the usual crew.

hashino, meguro, soejima, and most of the major p3-p5 leads all moved over to studio zero, which is developing re:fantasy and also did catherine full body. soejima and meguro are still working on persona on the side, but whereas, say, soejima previously was the full-on art director in p5, i'd expect his work in p6 to be purely character designs. likewise, meguro will probably do a theme song here and there, but it'll probably be people like atsushi kitajoh (who did a lot of the music in the p4 arena games and persona q) doing more of the heavy lifting.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances tomorrow's concert ends with a neon green 6 flashing on screen?