• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
Receiving the "Partner Award" for Persona 5 Royal during today's "PlayStation Awards 2020 Japan Asia" annual award show, Atlus' P Studio development team sent a message of thanks and celebration.

Starting the video message off is the Persona Team producer and director Kazuhisa Wada. After discussing his happiness for Persona 5 having received a PlayStation Award for five consecutive years, he mentions the following:

"As next year is the 25th anniversary of the Persona series, we have many exciting plans which we hope you will all enjoy."
Wada had made a similar mention in December 2019, when he stated that the team was carefully planning steps to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Persona in 2021.

Similarly, in 2018 Wada had teased plans for the Persona series in 2019, starting with a concert, which would turn out to mainly be Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers.

In the video, Atlus composer Shoji Meguro mentions that they were unable to hold Persona concerts this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. "Persona Super Live 2019" took place just last year in April 2019, and large scale Persona concerts take place every two years at the earliest. Meguro implies that they might have held performances in 2020, which could have possibly been smaller in scale like 2019's "Royal Experience" event. There was, however, the "Tokyo Game Show 2020 Sega Atlus Music Station" concert, which featured Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Scramble music in September 2020.
personacentral.com

Persona Series Producer Teases 'Exciting Plans' for 25th Anniversary Next Year - Persona Central

Persona series producer Kazuhisa Wada teases exciting plans for the 25th anniversary of Persona next year in 2021.

Fingers crossed P5 Arena is next...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
persona-emancipation.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
My crackpot theory is still that the Tokyo Mirage Sessions leads have been on Persona 6 for a while or whatever.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
P3make and P6 announcement. The latter will release for the 30th anniversary.

Who am I kidding, it'll just be Royal for Switch

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Can we get P4Ultimax off the god damn PS3 please?

Fuck, their "exciting news" is the US version of Strikers isn't it?

UGH.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
oh man maybe this time they'll make me wait MORE than a year to confirm an english release

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Also hope they pay off the Jose teases from Royal. Really want to know what that is about.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Firing Hashino? Assembling an independent review board to root out misogyny, transphobia, and overall bigotry within the Persona team and oversee future projects? Those would be the only exciting plans you should start with, before we can move on to discussing your new games.

...and also remasters of the Persona 2 duology.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could see a Persona 5 Royal port to Steam and announcement of Persona 6 in development for PS4 and PS5.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Akechi gets his own detective game

But it's actually a murder simulator

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Can't wait for the Persona series gacha and Persona 5 Royal anime announcements. Throw a stage play in there too for good measure.