• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hit X on the attack select screen for a character to use items.

thanks... i don't even know if i have any revival beads... should probably do something else for a bit if i'm getting one-shotted tho

Man, auto pokemon-centering when I exit the dungeon is such a good qol feature.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
at work... gonna get some pq in on my break and try and figure out what i need to do

pretty annoying I need to go through kamoshidaman every time to get to the actual boss, but at least you can just rush him since he's such a fake

vertThunder

Oct 25, 2017
How many Persona 5 spoilers are there? In Persona 5, I'm right after Okumura's Palace. More likely to put time into this at the moment than Persona 5.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
How many Persona 5 spoilers are there? In Persona 5, I'm right after Palace. More likely to put time into this at the moment than Persona 5.

You're about where the characters from P5 get insert into Q2. But I would bet that the game alludes to endings in P5 and stuff.

Oct 29, 2017
Just started. So Akechi is in this all the time? I hate it. Like, really hate it

Music better be really good. Hopefully P3P FeMC shows up quickly of this is going to feel like a bust really quickly

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
This first dungeon boss on hard is a real asshole but at least I'm making progress...

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Did anyone manage to get the game in Europe?

I've pre-ordered my copy in February and still have yet to receive it. The shop I've pre-ordered from doesn't have any stock currently and the stock seems scarce in the Netherlands.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

I've pre-ordered my copy in February and still have yet to receive it. The shop I've pre-ordered from doesn't have any stock currently and the stock seems scarce in the Netherlands.

My UK copy arrived yesterday from Amazon. Pretty sure they ship to the Netherlands.

Oct 28, 2017

I got my copy yesterday from 365games but it looks like they're out of stock, UK amazon doesn't seem to have it either but it looks like a couple of the other amazon's do:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just started. So Akechi is in this all the time? I hate it. Like, really hate it

Music better be really good. Hopefully P3P FeMC shows up quickly of this is going to feel like a bust really quickly

Not sure why you hate Akechi. But he's one of the best characters in the game if that helps.

Music is good, FeMC shows up in the middle of the first dungeon, she is the first character you get.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
How many Persona 5 spoilers are there? In Persona 5, I'm right after Okumura's Palace. More likely to put time into this at the moment than Persona 5.

The only Persona 5 spoiler in my eyes is Akechi having a Persona, joining your party as Crow but unless you've played any of the respective games, all they do is really sidenod towards story beats or future story beats that may occur in their respective games. Blink and you'll miss it type of things.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Not sure why you hate Akechi. But he's one of the best characters in the game if that helps.

Music is good, FeMC shows up in the middle of the first dungeon, she is the first character you get.

There's a laundry list of reasons why anyone who played P5 would hate Akechi. But that would derail the topic. He is one of the worst parts of P5.

On topic I'm hoping we get Yukari and Mitsuru on a better note this time, waiting on my copy to come in. They usually pick when drama is at its worst for them and I'm hoping we get something more from them this time.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
There's a laundry list of reasons why anyone who played P5 would hate Akechi. But that would derail the topic. He is one of the worst parts of P5.

On topic I'm hoping we get Yukari and Mitsuru on a better note this time, waiting on my copy to come in. They usually pick when drama is at its worst for them and I'm hoping we get something more from them this time.

I'd be very curious about this laundry list. Is this a fandom oriented thing or a ResetERA thing? Genuinely curious, I did not mind him or his arc in the game. PM if you want.

Oct 29, 2017

..... what? He's literally a
mass murderer
I honestly don't know how to react here

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be very curious about this laundry list. Is this a fandom oriented thing or a ResetERA thing? Genuinely curious, I did not mind him or his arc in the game. PM if you want.

There is no laundry list because he is the most famous character according to online communities. Well.. for women at least ;)

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
..... what? He's literally a
mass murderer
I honestly don't know how to react here

Yeah I'm not even the biggest fan of P5 but Akechi and his whole plot line is so awfully mishandled at the end of it that I can't see why anyone would not see why it's blah. But hey everyone has their own opinions on things.

There is no laundry list because he is the most famous character according to online communities. Well.. for women at least ;)

His popularity is part of the problem. I can't help but feel they're going to try to make him more sympathetic in the Royal version and that irks me. But whatevs.

On topic again: I'm super stoked for P3P FEMC.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm not even the biggest fan of P5 but Akechi and his whole plot line is so awfully mishandled at the end of it that I can't see why anyone would not see why it's blah. But hey everyone has their own opinions on things.

His popularity is part of the problem. I can't help but feel they're going to try to make him more sympathetic in the Royal version and that irks me. But whatevs.

On topic again: I'm super stoked for P3P FEMC.

Well that is obvious. :P Akechi prints money and the cut content indicates that there was more planned so we will see. :)

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Well that is obvious. :P Akechi prints money and the cut content indicates that there was more planned so we will see. :)

Hope they're willing to rewrite his whole character, but then again Japan/Anime/Shonen like that trope regardless of the context so eh. No more about it though, lol.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
My problem with Akechi in Q2...

...is that he is presented as an full member of the Phantom Thieves. Whereas in P5 he joined only for one dungeon, betrays them afterwards, the other thieves never trusted him in the first place and he turns out to be a psychopath.

So when I see him appear with the others in Q2 artwork etc. I just think: what the fuck are you even doing there? Including Marie in the P4 gang would have made more sense, if only because the entire gang actually liked her and she was some sort of honorary friend.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
finally beat that first boss on hard mode. Phew. That really took it out of me and I had to grind a level or two like a crazy person since I only had one half revive and one sp revive. Thank god you can buy shit-ass revives at the store.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Didn't realize the music DLC was free for a limited time. Guess I'll pick this up soon.

Ever present Akechi though ehhhhh

Uh what

demi

Oct 27, 2017
My problem with Akechi in Q2...

...is that he is presented as an full member of the Phantom Thieves. Whereas in P5 he joined only for one dungeon, betrays them afterwards, the other thieves never trusted him in the first place and he turns out to be a psychopath.

So when I see him appear with the others in Q2 artwork etc. I just think: what the fuck are you even doing there? Including Marie in the P4 gang would have made more sense, if only because the entire gang actually liked her and she was some sort of honorary friend.

Yes I feel the same considering his importance to the main P5 plot which is why I consider it a spoiler for people asking. I still haven't received a PM or response over why my curiosity why people hate him. "Uh what" isn't helping

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I don't get why people get upset with Akechi's character near the end.
Yes, he sacrificed himself but I never thought about it as a means to redemption. It was a cheap escape for him and it fell in line with his character. He went out his own way as he didn't want to face his problems. To me, it's a character that lived and died by his own actions.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

image0.jpg

IMO they were handled pretty well in Q's P3 Route. Really what they should have done in regular P3: talk it out. They get special lines with each other during battle after the talk too.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

image0.jpg

IMO they were handled pretty well in Q's P3 Route. Really what they should have done in regular P3: talk it out. They get special lines with each other during battle after the talk too.

Oh yeah definitely I enjoyed PQ and loved P3's route. Poor phrasing on my part. I just hope they don't repeat that again for this one is all I was saying. I got my copy in today so can't wait to hop on tonight!

Yes I feel the same considering his importance to the main P5 plot which is why I consider it a spoiler for people asking. I still haven't received a PM or response over why my curiosity why people hate him. "Uh what" isn't helping

I didn't want to derail the thread further, but to be honest if you don't see why Akechi is a terrible character and/or not a good guy in general worth sympathizing with that they seem to be trying to retcon based on fan feedback than I don't see the point in answering the "Debate me bro" call out. Not blaming you or anything but I don't see why it's anyone's responsibility to explain why they don't like Akechi after multiple spoiler posts have been made to explain it and then you agree with it (???) and then wonder why people don't like him.

The fact that there appears to be a modicum of sympathy for the character and/or enjoyment of him knowing where his plotline goes is just not something that will ever sit well with me. You can't do what he does in plotlines and then go "Nah we can be good friends, he's part of the team ya'll." After knowing where his plot line goes it's natural for people to feel disgusted or annoyed by being forced to "pal around" with him afterwards.

Last post I'll make on the topic.

Last edited:

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
damn first dungeon boss is kicking my ass

he deals like 130 damage with the bomb and then something like 80-100 damage with the left gun... ryuuji, my tank, only has like 150 hp... gonna need to jump out and do some theorycrafting. Or just level for a while, I was finding it a bit difficult in that last floor...

Also, how do you use items in battle? I couldn't see a menu option for it.

I beat him but he feels remarkably overtuned for a first boss. I had to make some pretty unintuitive plays to do it.

If you need a hint...

I had Ryuji taunt and blew up the fire-weak carrot ASAP (by turn 2) and then put him in the back, swapped with Ann. The 130+ damage blast carrot is fire element, so you can have Ann taunt and her resistance will make her only take ~30 damage from it. The boss is also susceptible to poison (140 damage/round) so you can really whittle him down while Ann tanks the canon because he won't do anything but fire it and cast sleep until both carrots are dead... but having to put your squishiest party member in the front and making her use taunt is really not the sort of play I think the very first boss should be making you do - you've barely learned the controls!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the first boss, but god damn was that a nightmare. Doesn't help that you have to go through a bunch of long cutscenes (which you can fastforward through, but it's still slow) as well as an annoyingly long scripted fight before you can actually face him and you have to do this every try

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I beat him but he feels remarkably overtuned for a first boss. I had to make some pretty unintuitive plays to do it.

If you need a hint...

I had Ryuji taunt and blew up the fire-weak carrot ASAP (by turn 2) and then put him in the back, swapped with Ann. The 130+ damage blast carrot is fire element, so you can have Ann taunt and her resistance will make her only take ~30 damage from it. The boss is also susceptible to poison (140 damage/round) so you can really whittle him down while Ann tanks the canon because he won't do anything but fire it and cast sleep until both carrots are dead... but having to put your squishiest party member in the front and making her use taunt is really not the sort of play I think the very first boss should be making you do - you've barely learned the controls!

...taunt? Do you mean Line Guard? Damn I never thought about making Ann tank the damage, that's smart as hell lol, I just ground Ryuuji until he had like 180hp and threw on a party Orb of Haste + reduce accuracy on the right carrot and had Morgana spamming heals while I did my best to zio the bomb carrot.

On hard it took like 6 turns to whittle down the carrots lmao, i don't know if thats because my dps is too low or that's just how hard mode be. Even then I nearly died to the third stage but luckily I got revive items up in time

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
...taunt? Do you mean Line Guard? Damn I never thought about making Ann tank the damage, that's smart as hell lol, I just ground Ryuuji until he had like 180hp and threw on a party Orb of Haste + reduce accuracy on the right carrot and had Morgana spamming heals while I did my best to zio the bomb carrot.

On hard it took like 6 turns to whittle down the carrots lmao, i don't know if thats because my dps is too low or that's just how hard mode be. Even then I nearly died to the third stage but luckily I got revive items up in time

Yeah Line Guard acts as a taunt and draws all attacks directed at that row to the character casting it. He can still target the other row, but I found he targets the front like 90% of the time so even if he hits somebody in the back they have time to get themselves back up. I'm playing on Normal but I imagine it's not that different in terms of strategy, you'll just need to be a slightly higher level. It definitely can take like 6 turns to whittle a carrot down but with Ann + fire spells on other characters + Flame chain attack from FeMC you can burst the fire-weak one down relatively fast if you go ham on it immediately and then reel things in to recover after it's dead.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I thought that's how it worked but never checked

it is really funny to see Ryuuji just eat like seven thunderbolts and shake it off. I love this game.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
nah i can see it on normal, femc's fire link ability is honestly super nuts. I don't 100% understand how it triggers though

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that I've seen no mention of the game being 2D-only anywhere. What a disappointment - especially as the so-called "swan song" for the 3DS.
It was bad enough when Strange Journey Redux was 2D-only, but at least everything else running on whatever engine they used for the Etrian/PQ1 games has supported 3D - including the recently released EO: Nexus.
I normally play everything in 3D, and I forgot how much worse games look when they're running in 2D on this system. It's a major downgrade.
is this really the "LAST" 3DS game (physical or digital)? or just the "last" as in last good game...
Shakedown Hawaii is still supposed to be released on 3DS, so it's definitely not the last game for the system.
Persona Q2 may be the last high-profile game, and possibly the last physical release for the system though.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I expect it inflates the hp on hard so I dunno if you could two shot the thing on hard even if every character was dropping agi + links. Certainly I didn't, plus half your team dies in the first round

Anyway I'm really liking this

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Got to play a little bit of this tonight, finished the first floor. This is my first dungeon crawler of this type, seems pretty fun so far. My OCD for mapping is gonna go crazy if the maps get more complicated later.