• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when we can expect to hear whatever Atlus has planned this year. I'm sure we'll get an anniversary livestream at some point.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I grabbed Royal today for $25. I played like 20 hours of base P5 and loved it but stopped playing because FF7R. I have a few games I want to go through before I play it but I am excited.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Now I'm even more confused. If I got the NA version of the double pack to get 3, 4, and 5 dancing on PS4... I'd be unable to buy the Hatsune Miku dlc because the Playstation store doesn't have Vita content anymore, right? I have a Vita, but it has my Japanese account on it... This is needlessly complicated.
Am I understanding this correctly?

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Not sure I understand your question. If you got the PS4 version you can look it up on the console PS store and get it there.
The Hatsune Miku DLC is available on the PS4 shop? I had thought it was only DLC for the vita version that transferred over, and that's why it seems like a problem. Vita digital content is no longer available on the web browser PS store as of a couple months ago.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Hatsune Miku DLC is available on the PS4 shop? I had thought it was only DLC for the vita version that transferred over, and that's why it seems like a problem. Vita digital content is no longer available on the web browser PS store as of a couple months ago.
You have to rebuy the Dancing All Night DLC for the PS4 version.(at least the english version anyway)

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Hi everyone! I have a question regarding the dancing games.

A few days ago I bought P5D on sale, to give it a try.

Since I've been enjoying it, I thought about buying the "bundle" that has P3D and P4D (which is the only way to buy P4D as I've read in earlier posts), but apparently it doesn't let me buy the bundle since I already own P5D. I am screwed, right? Is there any possible way to buy it with the same account? Since I guess it's a licensing issue to prevent me from buying the same game twice

Bumping my question to add something else.

If I manage to grab a p3d + p5d physical edition, I should be able to use the P4D code just fine?

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
You have to rebuy the Dancing All Night DLC for the PS4 version.(at least the english version anyway)
Oh, okay. I guess the information I had found online before was wrong. Doesn't help that the new PS web store is shite, so I can barely search for anything on it (and then when I find it, it doesn't load prices or anything).

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Final boss of Eternal Punishment gets pretty Nyarly toward the end.

giphy.gif

I think I know what I need to beat it: Just more magic resistance or Makarakarn. The P2 duology is weird in the fact that Almighty doesn't go through Makarakarn.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Eternal Punishment, I'll be making an LttP thread on it soon.

In short: THIS IS THE BEST PERSONA!

You should really play the Persona 2 duology, as you're missing out on something truly great. I know Persona 1 is a hard sell on people because of how much of an endurance test it can feel like, but the P2 duology is so much different.

One of my favorite things about the duology is that the casts of both games are excellent. There's not a single character that I would think "Stop talking I hate you" every time they spoke. I had that feeling for Yosuke in Persona 4 and Junpei in Persona 3.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite things about the duology is that the casts of both games are excellent. There's not a single character that I would think "Stop talking I hate you" every time they spoke. I had that feeling for Yosuke in Persona 4 and Junpei in Persona 3.

That's exactly how I felt about Lisa lol, I think I actually hate her more than Rise

I don't, everything about Rise including her social link is garbage

Last edited:

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly how I felt about Lisa lol, I think I actually hate her more than Rise

I don't, everything about Rise including her social link is garbage
Lisa is great though lol
One of the best things about her is how she's never portrayed as fanservice. Every time she's sexualized, it's NEVER toward the player and she's in control of it. Her bio at the start says she claims to be the hottest girl at Sevens. It's a very stark contrast to Rise being paraded around in an bikini and doing that blushy face thing towards the protagonist constantly.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Persona 2 cast is great but after hearing for years about "how much better they are then those shitty P3/4 people" I didn't feel they lived up to the hype when I finally played the game.

I admit though my love of modern Persona makes me biased. I wanna go back and replay the classic games at some point soon and hopefully I'll have a more positive take away.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I'm maybe 10 hours into Persona 1 PSP (first time ever playing it, or a Persona game) and I haven't been able to recruit a single demon yet.

Game feels really obtuse at times, though I'm really enjoying it so far.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
The Persona 2 cast is great but after hearing for years about "how much better they are then those shitty P3/4 people" I didn't feel they lived up to the hype when I finally played the game.

I admit though my love of modern Persona makes me biased. I wanna go back and replay the classic games at some point soon and hopefully I'll have a more positive take away.
I don't think the P3/P4/P5 casts are shitty, and the thing I mentioned about Lisa vs Rise isn't even a problem specific to Rise, as they have done this with other characters in the modern games, including ones from her same game. I actually liked Rise.

I think another thing that makes the P2 cast for me was the fact that their interactions are not all centered around the protagonist.

Also as far as Persona 1's cast, it's neat, but yeah, I don't think it's anything stellar. I did like some of the characters like Ayase and Yukino. Elly and Mark are alright too.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I'm maybe 10 hours into Persona 1 PSP (first time ever playing it, or a Persona game) and I haven't been able to recruit a single demon yet.

Game feels really obtuse at times, though I'm really enjoying it so far.
If you need to, look up a contact guide for the demons, that might help you out a bit, otherwise it can be trial and error or guessing based on the personalities.

I don't know if you understand how negotiation works, but in Persona 1 and 2, there's the 4 emotions on the meter, and maxing any one emotion will get a result out of that demon. Anger makes them attack or go into Furious condition. Fear makes them run away. Happy makes them give you stuff (money, items, etc.), Eager gets the spell card. You don't recruit the demons, you just get their spell cards and fuse those to make Personas in Persona 1, and you can't fuse the Personas.

One thing I want to see if they ever remake Persona 1 and 2 is proper Persona fusion. I liked P2's summoning system even less than Persona 1's spell card fusion, but P2's system is very manageable in Eternal Punishment. Innocent Sin, it's a nightmare, but it's also a very easy game so it doesn't matter much.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally playing PQ2.

The new normal battle themes for P3 and P5 are so goddamn good.
Kills me that I can't play Q2 yet, loved the first so much. Have to finish P5R first though.

Do you still get to choose between which game's cast to focus on or can you only choose P5 this time as the main cast?

My heart will always belong to P3.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kills me that I can't play Q2 yet, loved the first so much. Have to finish P5R first though.

Do you still get to choose between which game's cast to focus on or can you only choose P5 this time as the main cast?

My heart will always belong to P3.
Only P5, the other groups come in as you progress through the story.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
After loving P4G as my first entry into the series, I was excited to try Persona 3. Quickly bought P3P for my VITA only to discover...visual novel. Non-starter.

I do have a PS3 and, in fact, also bought P3 FES. Unsurprisingly, the game looks pretty rough on my 65" TV.

I am now paralyzed with indecision. First world problems, I know!

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
After loving P4G as my first entry into the series, I was excited to try Persona 3. Quickly bought P3P for my VITA only to discover...visual novel. Non-starter.

I do have a PS3 and, in fact, also bought P3 FES. Unsurprisingly, the game looks pretty rough on my 65" TV.

I am now paralyzed with indecision. First world problems, I know!
That's the reason people are clamouring for a P3 remake: there's no definitive version of it. P3P has FeMC and Direct Command, at the cost of going for the visual novel presentation. FES has the superior presentation, but no FeMC or Direct Command.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
That's the reason people are clamouring for a P3 remake: there's no definitive version of it. P3P has FeMC and Direct Command, at the cost of going for the visual novel presentation. FES has the superior presentation, but no FeMC or Direct Command.

Right. I read a helpful thread here comparing the two. Many suggested that FES is the choice for a first playthrough while P3P is good if you're inclined for a second run.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Gahhhhhh, they messed up the Life Aid skill in PQ2. It still works properly, but the icon is for a Navigator Dungeon skill, while it's actually a Navigator Battle skill. I keep coming close to accidentally fusing it wrongly because of the mislabeling.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I'll mention this in my Eternal Punishment LttP thread, but I'll put it here: My personal rankings of the mainline games.

Eternal Punishment > 5 > 3 > 4 > Innocent Sin > 1

The thing is I think Persona 1 is a very good game, so that speaks to the quality of series. The only reason Innocent Sin is so low is just because of how stupidly easy the game is and it can feel like a slog sometimes because of that.

If we're counting the 2 duology as one game, then it's unquestionably at the top.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Alright guys I'm pulling out the Vita for P2 Innocent Sin, pro tips? I've finished P3P, P4 Golden, and P5, so really excited to finally jump in. Also how is this port of P2?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys I'm pulling out the Vita for P2 Innocent Sin, pro tips? I've finished P3P, P4 Golden, and P5, so really excited to finally jump in. Also how is this port of P2?
It is apparently easier than the PS1 original, which was already easy, but great port nonetheless.

If you can't figure out contacts I would honestly just look up a guide. IS's contacts are really complicated, too much so IMO. You can scrape by with trial and error, but some bosses will just take a long time to beat with weaker Personas.

Utilize Fusion Spells.

Without spoiling anything, there's a certain party member that will be replaced by another at one point late in the game: That party member's personas are still usable on other people if they are compatible.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone here is interested, or hasn't read yet, here's my LttP on Eternal Punishment: https://www.resetera.com/threads/lt...s-is-it-this-is-the-best-persona-game.367541/

In short, you really should play the P2 Duology!

Also as I was doing my ranking of the mainline games, for those that have played it: Do you consider Strikers to be a mainline game? It's a sequel to P5 technically, and an RPG (although an action RPG), but Persona 4 Arena is also technically a sequel to Persona 4, but it's not an RPG. I can't really say for myself until I play Strikers, but I'm curious to hear what those that have played the Japanese version think.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone here is interested, or hasn't read yet, here's my LttP on Eternal Punishment: https://www.resetera.com/threads/lt...s-is-it-this-is-the-best-persona-game.367541/

In short, you really should play the P2 Duology!

Also as I was doing my ranking of the mainline games, for those that have played it: Do you consider Strikers to be a mainline game? It's a sequel to P5 technically, and an RPG (although an action RPG), but Persona 4 Arena is also technically a sequel to Persona 4, but it's not an RPG. I can't really say for myself until I play Strikers, but I'm curious to hear what those that have played the Japanese version think.
While I don't share your love of P2(as I mentioned in my post in that thread) the amount of love and passion that went into this thread is definitely admirable.

On Strikers no I don't consider it a mainline game. First off because it doesn't acknowledge Royal which is supposed to be the definitive version of P5. I'm sure future spin-offs will correct this but until it does that's gonna be a sticking point for me.

Second, it's because of the story, I don't want to go into spoilers but to give a vague summery.
It feels like it's trying to retread P5 to much, it feels very "anime movie" in that yeah it's canon but there wasn't any major changes or revelations, it was just another adventure for the Phantom Thieves.

I'm still super excited for Strikers mind you I was just a little disappointed in some aspects of the story.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question..

I've seen P5 is £7.49 on the UK store, is the Royal content available to buy from the original game?