• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I'm really interested in playing Persona 5 Scramble when it comes West but I have not beaten Persona 5. I have a really hard time sitting in front of a TV for super long games. Trying to figure out whether I'd rather just watch the P5 anime or try and force myself through the game. I already own it but I would be starting a totally new save file and dedicating 100+ hours to it in front of a tv just sounds ugh.
Let me put it this way. If you watch the anime, you wont want to play Scramble. It's THAT bad.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested in playing Persona 5 Scramble when it comes West but I have not beaten Persona 5. I have a really hard time sitting in front of a TV for super long games. Trying to figure out whether I'd rather just watch the P5 anime or try and force myself through the game. I already own it but I would be starting a totally new save file and dedicating 100+ hours to it in front of a tv just sounds ugh.

You really don't want to watch the anime, trust me.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
ScruffyTurles's Persona Confident AU is out :D. Really good art and i am liking the differences between this and P5
www.webtoons.com

Adult Confidant AU - Chapter 1: A Fate Unchanging

The Adult Confidant AU is an alternate universe based on Persona 5. It follows adult confidants from the game as if they switched positions with the OG phantom thieves and vice versa, among many other age swaps within Persona 5. (Ex: Sojiro as the protag, Futaba as the caregiver, etc) This is to...

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ScruffyTurles's Persona Confident AU is out :D. Really good art and i am liking the differences between this and P5
www.webtoons.com

Adult Confidant AU - Chapter 1: A Fate Unchanging

The Adult Confidant AU is an alternate universe based on Persona 5. It follows adult confidants from the game as if they switched positions with the OG phantom thieves and vice versa, among many other age swaps within Persona 5. (Ex: Sojiro as the protag, Futaba as the caregiver, etc) This is to...
Oh sweet. Will check this out later thanks.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This concept art is great.(besides Morgana's face.)
mg5mflpawij41.jpg

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Man I made a mistake. I bought royal the other day and I kinda just want to enjoy the game so I thought I'd play on Safety to enjoy the story but maybe I should have chosen easy. Safety is really really easy lol

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Man I made a mistake. I bought royal the other day and I kinda just want to enjoy the game so I thought I'd play on Safety to enjoy the story but maybe I should have chosen easy. Safety is really really easy lol

Yeah, Safety and Merciless are the only two difficulties where you can't alter after starting. Hopefully you're not too far into the game!

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, Safety and Merciless are the only two difficulties where you can't alter after starting. Hopefully you're not too far into the game!
I'm about five hours in. Not super far but I'm not sure if I want to do it all again. Might just go through and play it more like a VN

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Less then 30 days to Royal's english release. Ugh I hate the last month before a game I want comes out, it drags so much. At least FF7R isn't long after.

Is someone making an OT for Royal?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Was it the music? I couldn't get into the remixed tracks from 5, but loved the P3 remixes
I just don't like P5 cast as much, I don't feel the chemistry between them and the twins annoy the hell out of me.

I enjoy the music about the same, though I wish 3 had more variety. A lot of variants for Mass Destruction but I was hoping for some Master of Tartatus or Unavoidable Battle.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
What are the odds we ever get persona 3/4 ported to a next gen console? I have persona 3 FES but have not played my ps2 in years.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds we ever get persona 3/4 ported to a next gen console? I have persona 3 FES but have not played my ps2 in years.
Frankly I have no idea. Atlus JP is weird about this.

I hope they'll make a collection or something for the series anniversary next year but who knows.

I'm glad I got a Vita but that really shouldn't be the most modern system I can play 1-4 on.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017

Looks cool, though I was wanting them to open the fridge. The stove wasn't on so I'm assuming that Sojiro would have some leftovers in there :)

Less then 30 days to Royal's english release. Ugh I hate the last month before a game I want comes out, it drags so much. At least FF7R isn't long after.

Is someone making an OT for Royal?

Persona 5 The Royal |OT| Re-enter the Metaverse as a thread title?

FYI, seems like a deal:
ESRws9rX0AYkEYT

looks a good deal. I'm trying not to buy physical these days but my local GAME store has been teasing me by having the combo pack in there for a while now for £35. The thing is that I've never played P3 or know anything about it, so I only really want Dancing in Starlight

Oct 29, 2017
Looking at grabbing Royal. I want to get all the DLC but looking at the £85 price tag for the digital version seems a bit steep. Is it decent DLC?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at grabbing Royal. I want to get all the DLC but looking at the £85 price tag for the digital version seems a bit steep. Is it decent DLC?
The DLC is largely costumes and new Persona.

The one you'd probably be most interested in are the two DLC fights against the P3 and P4 heroes which should be sold separately when the game comes out.

Also all DLC from vanilla P5 will be free for people who have Royal.

Oct 29, 2017
The DLC is largely costumes and new Persona.

The one you'd probably be most interested in are the two DLC fights against the P3 and P4 heroes which should be sold separately when the game comes out.

Also all DLC from vanilla P5 will be free for people who have Royal.
Is all the DLC out now? I may see if I can find a Japanese video showing all the content. Just, I know this will be the last time I play the game so I want everything possible available to me.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is all the DLC out now? I may see if I can find a Japanese video showing all the content. Just, I know this will be the last time I play the game so I want everything possible available to me.
No idea how Atlus west is gonna handle the release schedule. The description for the Ultimate edition sounds like it could all be at launch but I don't know.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
P3/5 Dancing games are getting quite cheap, are they any good? Considering adding them to my collection.

For cheap they're worth it. They're kind of a guilty pleasure for me lol. I definitely would've regretted buying them at full price but with a good discount they're worth it. There are a ton of dialogues to unlock which you'll enjoy if you're into the characters. And of course seeing P3 realized with these graphics is a treat.
There's also a decent amount of outfits but of course there's a ton more as overpriced dlc which I didn't buy.
The main issue is the low number of tracks and overall the remixes aren't as good as P4D's imo.
The choreographies for most characters are a treat to watch, especially characters like Ann and Yukari are very gracious in their movements. A few of them are boring though and giving tracks to Morgana is just plain pointless.

Anyway, I'm getting pretty hyped for Royal, I only played P5 once at launch and am looking forward to revisit it with all the additions and improvements, particularly to see what kind of character Kasumi is and how she fits the plot.

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you could start today, what 3 persona games would you pick?

I have 3 Portable and I'm only maybe 5 hours into it and it's okay so far. A bit repetitive.

I've been playing SMT IV on my 3DS and am approx 25 hours into it and loving it so far, but obviously not the same game.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
If you could start today, what 3 persona games would you pick?

I have 3 Portable and I'm only maybe 5 hours into it and it's okay so far. A bit repetitive.

I've been playing SMT IV on my 3DS and am approx 25 hours into it and loving it so far, but obviously not the same game.
My favourite is P3FES but it's repetitive, yes. There's no story until half way into the game which is probably around at least 30 hours. It doesn't pick up until around September/October. It'll also be hard to go back to if you play the others first. It's hard to recommend unless you're a major fan of the last ones.

If you have a vita I would recommend Persona 4 Golden them straight to 5 Royal.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
What's the deal with Persona antagonists and the word bitch? I can think of at least three of them which say it frequently.

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My favourite is P3FES but it's repetitive, yes. There's no story until half way into the game which is probably around at least 30 hours. It doesn't pick up until around September/October. It'll also be hard to go back to if you play the others first. It's hard to recommend unless you're a major fan of the last ones.

If you have a vita I would recommend Persona 4 Golden them straight to 5 Royal.
I ended up getting a copy of vanilla 4 and firing up the old PS2.

I'm about 6 hours in and it's already miles ahead of P3P.

This should keep me busy for a while.

Sep 7, 2018
I really want to play 3 and 4, but I no longer have a working PS4. I try emulating every year, but can't figure out how to get it to work. I have 3 for PS2, but no way to play it.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I was thinking that P5R's new campaign should have been about a transfer student who views Joker's reputation from an outside lens, and has to chart her own path in his shadow. Could present a ton of interesting possibilities, like her having her own S Links, different dungeons, party members, etc.

Way too ambitious for modern Atlus, though.