• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
It's bonkers that they haven't even announced Golden for PS4 or PS5 or whatever yet.
Honestly I've always wondered if ATLUS isn't porting Golden to PS4 because they think all the PlayStation fans already have the game on the PSVita. It sounds dumb, but I wouldn't put past them to think like this. After all it sold what, 1.5 million copies?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I don't think Atlus would port vanilla P4G to consoles.

I could see them do a P4G remaster/remake down the line eventually, but I don't think we'll get a vanilla P4G port for consoles announcement as part of this anniversary. Unless this anniversary event isn't gonna end with P6, then I could see them having P4G (or P3) remaster/remake for consoles as the big closing announcement.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020

I could see them do a P4G remaster/remake down the line eventually, but I don't think we'll get a vanilla P4G port for consoles announcement as part of this anniversary. Unless this anniversary event isn't gonna end with P6, then I could see them having P4G (or P3) remaster/remake for consoles as the big closing announcement.
Announcing a P4G console port, which should have happened years ago, as the closing reveal for their anniversary celebration would be the lamest thing ever which is why I think it is a possibility.

My copium line-up of announcements would be
- P1/P2:IS/P2:EP collection
- P3 FES remaster
- P4G console port
- Persona Arena featuring characters from all the franchise up to P5 Strikers
- P6 tease

The actual line-up would be more in the line of
- Concert announcement (Japan exclusive)
- New overpriced merchandise (only available in Japan)
- Persona expo in Summer 2022 (in Japan)
- Restock of some overpriced merchandise (only for Japanese retailers)
- And during their stream some would ask Atlus about games and their answer would be "videogames ?"

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
- P3 FES remaster
- P4G console port
- P6 tease
Definitely some good copium here and I'd like to see some of these things or variations of them but I think your 'actual line-up' is more accurate considering we're in April already and 2 out of 3 of the projects they announced are concerts/music productions or other peripherals.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
I just want p5 arena, I'm too use to strive to go back to older arcsys games.

I also had an idea of a persona x Yakuza crossover game, and it was basically playing off how ichiban sees the world as an RPG already so he now can summon personas. So they should make that

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021

The PC port is technically a remaster of P4G so the console version will just be that. P4G but with 4K and 60fps. I don't think a remake will happen for quite a while. Persona 3 is more likely to get a remake.

Announcing a P4G console port, which should have happened years ago, as the closing reveal for their anniversary celebration would be the lamest thing ever which is why I think it is a possibility.

- P3 FES remaster
- P4G console port
- P6 tease

The actual line-up would be more in the line of
- Concert announcement (Japan exclusive)
- New overpriced merchandise (only available in Japan)
- Persona expo in Summer 2022 (in Japan)
- Restock of some overpriced merchandise (only for Japanese retailers)
- And during their stream some would ask Atlus about games and their answer would be "videogames ?"

I hate that you go from 100 to 0, there is an in-between here. lol

I think a more realistic less pessimistic line up would be something like
- Concert
-More merch
-Persona 4 Golden remaster for consoles
-At least one extra Persona spin off before Persona 6. It won't be P5 Arena since they announced the next Arena game. Maybe Project Pen because I don't think that's P6? I can see it being next years game
-Persona 6 teaser with a 2024 release.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
The PC port is technically a remaster of P4G so the console version will just be that. P4G but with 4K and 60fps. I don't think a remake will happen for quite a while. Persona 3 is more likely to get a remake.

I hate that you go from 100 to 0, there is an in-between here. lol

I think a more realistic less pessimistic line up would be something like
- Concert
-More merch
-Persona 4 Golden remaster for consoles
-At least one extra Persona spin off before Persona 6. It won't be P5 Arena since they announced the next Arena game. Maybe Project Pen because I don't think that's P6? I can see it being next years game
-Persona 6 teaser with a 2024 release.

Project pen is said to be soul hackers 2.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
everytime I open this thread, I only see PAIN.

Screenshot_2022-04-04_at_22-51-31_Awesome_Naruto_Nagato_Wallpapers_-_WallpaperAccess.png

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

As someone who just played through P5R and fell in love with the series, I'm really disappointed there is no way to play any of the other games on PS4/5, but yeah, I feel like if they were ever going to port P4G to Consoles it would have happened already. I guess maybe there is a chance some of the older games could come as PS Classics on Sony's new service?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who just played through P5R and fell in love with the series, I'm really disappointed there is no way to play any of the other games on PS4/5, but yeah, I feel like if they were ever going to port P4G to Consoles it would have happened already. I guess maybe there is a chance some of the older games could come as PS Classics on Sony's new service?
I could see them putting vanilla P4 and P3 on the service at some point if Atlus plays ball with them. Since they are not doing PS Vita titles tho (at least not yet), I don't think P4G has any chance of appearing on the service.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Just a thought; perhaps they don't want to announce or release a P4G console port so soon with the Switch port of 13 Sentinels releasing this month? Give that time to breathe and sell before dropping something like mainline Persona.

Not a fan of the game so i'm not really invested in seeing a port of it; I won't be buying it; but to an outsider of the Persona fandom it just seems like an inevitability. Will happen before the end of the year. P3 on consoles or P5R for non-PS platforms is more up in the air.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why you are all moaning about this. We'll get new game announcements when we get them. Atlus isn't insulting you by releasing merch stuff it's kind of your own fault for getting hyped over every possible announcement when they're monthly.

Persona 4 Golden will come to consoles eventually ya'll need to chill. Like I know Atlus tend to be characterised as making weird business decisions on this website but they're not going to deny console users Golden for like no fucking reason. They're not idiots.
Will it? This is Atlus we're talking about. And mainline Persona games.

Despite their popularity, Atlus seems hellbent on keeping mainline Persona games on as few platforms as possible. It's a minor miracle that P4G made it to PC at all, and even that was nearly a decade after the Vita release.

The idea that they would port P4 Arena to multiple platforms only to sit on P4G (much like how P5 Strikers went multiplat and P5 didn't) is perfectly within their normal behavior.

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Why are people upset that the video game publisher is not announcing a game at any of their announcement events?

I just can't put my finger on it.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just a thought; perhaps they don't want to announce or release a P4G console port so soon with the Switch port of 13 Sentinels releasing this month? Give that time to breathe and sell before dropping something like mainline Persona.
I really don't think so. Especially because it would be multiplat anyway. Or not coming to Switch at all.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I could see them putting vanilla P4 and P3 on the service at some point if Atlus plays ball with them. Since they are not doing PS Vita titles tho (at least not yet), I don't think P4G has any chance of appearing on the service.
Right, makes sense. I'd just like an avenue to play them on PlayStation personally, whether it's the best versions or not, but we'll see what happens. Hyped for the eventual Persona 6 in any case!

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
give me some way to play Persona 1 and 2 again, hell I'll take ports. I don't need a remake or a remaster (but I'll genuinely appreciate it if you do Atlus)

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Will it? This is Atlus we're talking about. And mainline Persona games.

Despite their popularity, Atlus seems hellbent on keeping mainline Persona games on as few platforms as possible. It's a minor miracle that P4G made it to PC at all, and even that was nearly a decade after the Vita release.

The idea that they would port P4 Arena to multiple platforms only to sit on P4G (much like P5 Strikers and P5) is perfectly within their normal behavior.
I agree with your general sentiment, but I just wanted to say that P5 Strikers is indeed multiplat (minus Xbox platforms which isn't that shocking considering all things).

But yea, I agree that we can't really assume for sure that Atlus will put P4G on everything eventually, since their business decisions doesn't always makes sense from our outside perspective (porting vanilla Catherine to Steam instead of Catherine Full Body is a recent one that comes to mind).

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I agree with your general sentiment, but I just wanted to say that P5 Strikers is indeed multiplat (minus Xbox platforms which isn't that shocking considering all things).

But yea, I agree that we can't really assume for sure that Atlus will put P4G on everything eventually, since their business decisions doesn't always makes sense from our outside perspective (porting vanilla Catherine to Steam instead of Catherine Full Body is a recent one that comes to mind).

Atlus when making decisions on what platforms to develop games for:
https-bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984-s3-amazonaws-com-public-images-6acd7d79-a694.jpg

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

Sorry, I wasn't super clear. I meant that people can't act like Persona 4 Golden on consoles is some kind of foregone conclusion because of the existence of the P4 Arena port (since P5 Strikers went multiplatform but Persona 5 never did), or even just because it "makes sense".

It's Atlus we're talking about.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
It seems Atlus is ok with spin-off going to be multiplat with main titles binded to a single platform.
I really hope to see a Persona 3 Remake/Remastered coming to PC with P5 Royal as well.
Sega lost the Judgment franchise for PC, they need to invest in something else.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think there's more licensed stuff in the West than Japan now in terms of t-shirts and hoodies (fangamer, insert coin, and sanshee iirc all have persona lines), and then there's atlus' own store too

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to go wild with my prediction by going with a time limited Persona themed cafe in Akihabara and a new series of badges.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I think Atlus have heard our complaints about not getting a game, therefore my predictions are Persona 3 EM and Aegis: The First Mission for Android and iOS
Japan release 2022 and western release no where to be seen.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
A Persona 6 teaser/announcement was always going to be very last thing they announce. They'll most likely have multiple port annoucements (and some fluff swag announcements) before that.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I think Atlus have heard our complaints about not getting a game, therefore my predictions are Persona 3 EM and Aegis: The First Mission for Android and iOS
Japan release 2022 and western release no where to be seen.
I'm 100% for this. Well, not the Japan only thing. But I'd love to see any old mobile games remastered for modern phones.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Was there supposed to be another Persona announcement this month or was that already done with the merch?