• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The main reason I wouldn't want a Persona Racing game is their insistence on shoehorning in some fucking terrible story. How many dream cross-time dream experiences can these kids have?

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Persona is not published by Sony.

I've seen all the posts in the last few pages culminating in this. Bravo people!

A ton of games published by Sony or Nintendo went to other platforms. This logic is wishful thinking at best. It's also wishful thinking that every insider talk means something. Do you remember the DMC V rumor. Surprise it went nowhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
A ton of games published by Sony or Nintendo went to other platforms. This logic is wishful thinking at best. It's also wishful thinking that every insider talk means something. Do you remember the DMC V rumor. Surprise it went nowhere.
Yes, but they usually take a long time and Bravely Default is not even on a Sony platform yet after all this time.

This seems more of a reaction to people speculating about P5 on Switch based on the multiple rumours which to be honest, is just console warring.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Can't remember something like this happening for the Xbox...

I have the feeling that all this hype and drama regarding the port of a 2017 (2016 in Japan) game is because some player are not satisfied with the library of their device, and prefer wasting their energy speculating about things instead of buying and playing what they refuse to buy and play.

Regarding the annoucement, nothing to say. because nothing was said.
Or maybe some people don't own a ps4 and would really like to play a great game

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
There are good games everywhere today.

I don''t remember seeing all this drama for a port of a good game on Xbox, do you ?

For example, Nier Automata did not made all this noise when he was ported on Xbox One, and the game is not worse than Persona 5 (and he sold the same, or more).

I'm not the one out there, just look at this thread, the old one locked, the one hyping the event of yesterday (also locked) and the one following the Smash DLC announcement.

X box one amateurs are just better than Nintendo fanboy manbabies.
I can' t see any other explanation.

Or :
The announcement of the smash DLC that gives credibility
Some "insiders" chiming in
Porting this to switch makes sense in a technical and financial point of view

When you combine this to the (volontary)? Cryptic announcement by ATLUS and with a good amount of stupid fanboyism from every sides, you just get a shit show and a very poor representation of this forum...

But please don't try to rank fanboys. They're equally pathetic, some are just more vocal than others depending on the situation.
This is typically a situation built to see the worst from Nintendo and Sony fanboys.

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
mods have allowed this conversation so let it go
So why the 20 pages in a couple hours thread following this announcement was locked ?

Console warring is not allowed, and it was full of it.

i'm not telling anyone to do something or not, i'm just observing a trend. And unfortunately this trend dos not apply to anyone.

That's no justification to portbeg my friend.

X box one amateurs are just better than Nintendo fanboy manbabies.
I can' t see any other explanation.

Or :
The announcement of the smash DLC that gives credibility
Some "insiders" chiming in
Porting this to switch makes sense in a technical and financial point of view

When you combine this to the (volontary)? Cryptic announcement by ATLUS and with a good amount of stupid fanboyism from every sides, you just get a shit show and a very poor representation of this forum...

But please don't try to rank fanboys. They're equally pathetic, some are just more vocal than others depending on the situation.
This is typically a situation built to see the worst from Nintendo and Sony fanboys.
Indeed this case shows the bad aspect of enthusiats. Not all, but some of them.

But you can't deny that it is interesting to see that some of them are more inclined to spend too much time on forums speculations on anything they can grab than others.

Last edited:

TheManWhoSoldVG

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 30, 2018
Tbh that DMC V stuff just came from one person I heard who was trying to be an insider and most of that info was made up or from people hearing other people.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Bravely series hasn't left 3ds though, and Octopath was made by that same team/division, so I can see it being left as exclusive honestly.

Didn't Nintendo publish it in NA as well?

As you said: Bravely series are 3DS games. More work and rework is required to bring it to other platforms. Texture rework, UI rework, assets reworks heck even retooling the game.
Octopath on the other hand would be a more straigthforward process.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Or maybe people simply can't finish a long-ass (bloated) game like Persona 5 and think that portability would really help.

Lord knows that's my case.
My situation is a combination for these two conditions. There was only one time in which I put the PS4 in the shopping chart on a website, and it was together with Persona 5, the only game which made me think about this possible purchase. Then I clearly decided not to complete the purchase, partially because spending around 200€ to play one game it isn't for me (I buy a console only if I end up with more than 15-20 games at the end of the generation, the only expections were PSP and PSVita which anyway I was able to sell before they would be dead) partially because even with the Switch I play no more than 2 hours per week in docked mode, there are weeks/months in which I play almost only in handheld mode and offer not at home. So I would have finished Persona 5 when Persona 6 would have come out (well,depending of Atlus of course).
Anyway if Persona 5R/S doesn't come to Switch, at this point it's fair, anyway the fanbase is on Sony consoles. But after Joker reveal for Smash, until March I continue to think that a minimum possibility for a Switch P5 game exists, then after March I will accept the outcome of Atlus announcements.

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018

I have the feeling that all this hype and drama regarding the port of a 2017 (2016 in Japan) game is because some player are not satisfied with the library of their device, and prefer wasting their energy speculating about things instead of buying and playing what they refuse to buy and play.

Pathetic

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Do you remember the DMC V rumor. Surprise it went nowhere.
Tbh that DMC V stuff just came from one person I heard who was trying to be an insider and most of that info was made up or from people hearing other people.
"Nowhere"
"Made up"

So cute. I would love to see any of you try to make up this much info that come true.
  • The game is slated to release some time in the fiscal calendar year of 2019. That means sometime between April 2018 and March 2019. Original plan was to release it in November 2018 but the date MIGHT have been pushed back to early 2019.
  • Game has been in development for 2 years as of today. When it will release it will have been in development for 3 years at least. That is actually the highest time a DMC game has been in full production for. Pre-production started as early as 2015 around the time that DMC4SE finished releasing. There have been no development hiccups and as stated, the development has in fact been progressing smoothly.
  • Trailer has been ready for a while now. The initial trailer is 1 minute 50 seconds long (they may add new cuts to trailer to make an extended version since some time has passed from when it was made). It is mostly focused on story, characters and cutscenes. A city like setting is shown in the trailer not that different from Fortuna city in DMC4.
  • The overall game is supposed to be "ambitious" for a DMC title with a broader appeal.
  • Itsuno's team that worked on previous DMC games and Dragon's Dogma is working on DMCV.
  • Yuji Shimomura is returning as the cutscene director for DMCV. He worked on DMC3, DMC4 and Bayonetta cutscenes.
  • Rueben Langdon is reprising his role as Dante.
  • Johnny Young Bosch is reprising his role as Nero.
  • Dan Southworth is reprising his role as Vergil.
  • No word on the actresses who played Trish and Lady if they will be returning,
  • DMCV picks up the story after DMC4.
  • More than one playable character in the game, Dante is for sure playable and Nero is possibly playable as well. Up to 3 playable characters have been suggested for now.
  • This is the most serious Dante has been (a "new side" of Dante), of course not counting DMC2. Dante still plays with his enemies and has his usual over the top flair but this game is going to be more personal for him.
  • A third character is expected to be playable as well. Said to be "very powerful." May or may not be brand new to the series.
  • No word on whether Vergil is playable or not, he will be returning although specifics on how he is returning from his death in DMC1 are unknown.
  • There will be a sequence where Nero and Vergil have a confrontation, confirming their relationship (Nero is in fact Vergil's son as stated in the DMC3142 artbook).
  • Characters switch during key story points in the game.
  • DMCV might be the end of the "sons of Sparda" storyline.
  • Hard lock on is standard.
  • Console is targeted for 60 frames per second like the previous DMC games.
  • Level design is more open than previous DMC games but not going into Souls or open world territory of level design. Movement outside of combat has been streamlined to match the open nature of the game. The structure is more open to make the experience more "smooth." Immersion is important to the team with this game.
  • Level design and exploration is more similar to Bayonetta with action set pieces thrown in there but without the QTEs. QTEs in general do not exist in DMCV thus far.
  • There is some online integration but definitely no multiplayer PvP.
  • Dodge system is reworked and dodging in general is supposed to be a lot smoother than before (get ready to hear the word "smooth" a lot when related to DMCV).
  • Camera pulls back during big fights. The devs are really proud of the new, more dynamic camera system.
  • Animations are being improved to be less stiff. Big emphasis on cloth physics (maybe Dante's sword might not clip through his jacket now!). Battles are beautifully animated and smooth.
  • Mission and Ranking system similar to previous DMC games and Bayonetta. There will definitely be mission/chapter selects.
  • Bosses being ramped up dramatically in DMCV. One of the boss fights moves between multiple areas of the game.
  • Style system is in for Dante - Enemies will react a bit differently to each style.
  • Certain styles will have advantages on certain enemies similar to DmC/DMC3 (you can use a single style on any enemy just fine).
  • More environment interactivity than any previous DMC game. This is supposed to compliment the combat system, not detract from it.
  • There is some form of dynamic environment destruction/transformation in play but not on the scale of DmC thus far.

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring modpost and system warring; account still in junior phase
Is not "portbeg" if the platforms have not been defined yet and multiple rumours have surfaced.

Mods already said it.
There was no rumor outside some "insider" telling people what they wanted to read and a Smash DLC (we already saw that it means nothing, just look at Belmond). That's kinda light to start such massive speculation threads. Do you also have examples of this situation with for example a Xbox port ? Because I don''t. But maybe my memory is failing me.
That's your opinion. Care to elaborate ?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
There was no rumor outside some "insider" telling people what they wanted to read and a Smash DLC (we already saw that it means nothing, just look at Belmond). That's kinda light to start such massive speculation threads. Do you also have examples of this situation with for example a Xbox port ? Because I don''t. But maybe my memory is failing me.
A rumour that was verified by the mods themselves here but yeah, let's ignore that.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
So why the 20 pages in a couple hours thread following this announcement was locked ?

Console warring is not allowed, and it was full of it.

i'm not telling anyone to do something or not, i'm just observing a trend. And unfortunately this trend dos not apply to anyone.

That's no justification to portbeg my friend.

Indeed this case shows the bad aspect of enthusiats. Not all, but some of them.

But you can't deny that it is interesting to see that some of them are more inclined to spend too much time on forums speculations on anything they can grab than others.
"Nobody's "portbegging". People were hoping, and speculating that the game could be coming to switch.

And also I wasn't defending the nonexistent portbegging. All I was doing was responding to the claim that you made that people want to play a great game because they're ""unsatisfied"" with the systems library, when in fact people want the game because it's good and they can't play it ( weather that's because they don't own a ps4 or can't sit in front of a tv for 100+)

Overall I just want speculate on what this game/s could be and what platforms it could be coming to, not to have people come in and police peoples harmless speculation

TheManWhoSoldVG

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 30, 2018
"Nowhere"
"Made up"

So cute. I would love to see any of you try to make up this much info that come true.
I dont blame you for posting that info it was much appreciated but looking back at some stuff it was obvious some of it was bluff even one of your source was a dud and got banned for being a fake insider. Im not going to name any names on who was your sources because that kind of an stupid move to do and dont want to cause drama but looking back who provided that info and knowing there history it was pretty easy to tell they were bluff.

Also I forgot that it wasnt just one person tho what I heard that one person played a bigger part in that document than others.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
A rumour that was verified by the mods themselves here but yeah, let's ignore that.
The "insider" kept changing his story past the reveal.

Went from P5R is a Switch exclusive to P5R is the multiplat version and P5S is is the Switch version the moment the PS logo appeared.

Could be anything at this point, a continuation, a rerelease, Switch version is still likely cause I doubt Nintendo would give Joker a push like that out of the kindness of their hearts.

I just wish its not more spin off games.
They just lack the quality of the main games and often ruin the characters.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I'm just curious about what exactly is going to be shown off and when in March it will be shown off.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
The "insider" kept changing his story past the reveal.

Went from P5R is a Switch exclusive to P5R is the multiplat version and P5S is is the Switch version the moment the PS logo appeared.

Could be anything at this point, a continuation, a rerelease, Switch version is still likely cause I doubt Nintendo would give Joker a push like that out of the kindness of their hearts.

I just wish its not more spin off games.
They just lack the quality of the main games and often ruin the characters.
Pretty sure he never said it would be switch exclusive, only that it would be coming to switch and it might be exclusive

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I'm just curious about what exactly is going to be shown off and when in March it will be shown off.

It's going to be a string of PlayStation related projects and that's all we know right now. Probably P5 enhanced edition for PS4, that Action game, shooting P5 spin-off based on the job listing for PS4, and something else entirely, maybe Persona PSVR. I don't think Arena will be shown here. They're going to save that for a fighting game event overseas and I think that's the one that's going to come to everything but the event in March is directly tied to the finale of the Anime and PlayStation related projects. Expecting anything more from it is on you, so hopefully people don't repeat what happened here and keep their expectations in check.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Spain

A good amount of people, myself included, own a PS4 and a Switch. We are looking forward to an enhanced P5 because we just want more P5. And we would prefer to play it on Switch because a console that can be used as a portable it's just a better value proposition for a game like P5. It's as simple as that, just personal motivations instead of fighting for corporate interests on an imaginary console war.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
It's going to be a string of PlayStation related projects and people will still start rumors and BS before hyping up something that doesn't end happening. Guarantee the exact same thing is going to happen. People never learn.
I really haven't played my PS4 a whole lot since getting it, Destiny, Persona 5, and Crash.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I dont blame you for posting that info it was much appreciated but looking back at some stuff it was obvious some of it was bluff even one of your source was a dud and got banned for being a fake insider. Im not going to name any names on who was your sources because that kind of an stupid move to do and dont want to cause drama but looking back who provided that info and knowing there history it was pretty easy to tell they were bluff.

Also I forgot that it wasnt just one person tho what I heard that one person played a bigger part in that document than others.
Here is the truth. My leak/info had a lot of correct stuff in it (the majority of it was correct in fact) with some fake/bad info that I got from that dude and someone else. But the moment the game was announced at Xbox conference everyone forgot all about the stuff that was true and focused on a few bad info that I had in my thread. (mostly the PS4 thing)

The point is (and I learned this the hard way) that leaking stuff is not worth it. Cause among your good intel you can also get some bad or outdated info and that's all people will remember (as it was just proved in this very thread with your posts) and write off correct things as guesses or safe bets (as if having 3 playable characters, dynamic cam, DmC style destruction, etc was on everyone's mind before I said them but I digress).

This is why I told the Mystic guy in the other thread that he shouldn't really tease/share these stuff but he did it anyway (and I understand why he did it too cause I've been in the same situation). You know some stuff and you are excited about them and want to share them. You should keep in mind tho that just because P5R wasn't announced for Switch at this time, doesn't mean that his info was fake or bs. It could be that the game/version he knew about simply wasn't announced at this time.

P.S: Best way to leak/tease stuff is to do them in threads in stealthy posts that most people won't see/care about. I teased both Kiwami 2's western announcement and Far Cry New Dawn a few days before their respective reveals and very few people noticed that. Also did it with a few other future Capcom games but since I'm the "fake DMCV rumor guy" a lot of people ignore those as well I suppose haha

TheManWhoSoldVG

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 30, 2018
Here is the truth. My leak/info had a lot of correct stuff in it (the majority of it was correct in fact) with some fake/bad info that I got from that dude and someone else. But the moment the game was announced at Xbox conference everyone forgot all about the stuff that was true and focused on a few bad info that I had in my thread. (mostly the PS4 thing)

The point is (and I learned this the hard way) that leaking stuff is not worth it. Cause among your good intel you can also get some bad or outdated info and that's all people will remember (as it was just proved in this very thread with your posts) and write off correct things as guesses or safe bets (as if having 3 playable characters, dynamic cam, DmC style destruction, etc was on everyone's mind before I said them but I digress).

This is why I told the Mystic guy in the other thread that he shouldn't really tease/share these stuff but he did it anyway (and I understand why he did it too cause I've been in the same situation). You know some stuff and you are excited about them and want to share them. You should keep in mind tho that just because P5R wasn't announced for Switch at this time, doesn't mean that his info was fake or bs. It could be that the game/version he knew about simply wasn't announced at this time.

P.S: Best way to leak/tease stuff is to do them in threads in stealthy posts that most people won't see/care about. I teased both Kiwami 2's western announcement and Far Cry New Dawn a few days before their respective reveals and very few people noticed that. Also did it with a few other future Capcom games but since I'm the "fake DMCV rumor guy" a lot of people ignore those as well I suppose haha
Yeah its better to keep stuff to your self if your uncertain about info or dont want to cause any dramas. Hopefully more of this fake insiders fade out this do more harm than good nowadays with company suing people who leaking info for a huge amount of money or losing jobs for people its just not worth it today.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mmmmm a P5 Golden (or Silver or Crimsom or whatever) fixing a number of things would be nice. Fem protag might be too much to expect but let's see.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Thing is, Thrillhouse got some stuff right that would have been hard to guess, and did go through a vetting process, hence why we continued to trust him.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one of the projects will be porting Persona 4 to PS4/x so a good Persona game exists on current gen?

Even a redo probably won't save this game. Flashy menus, terrible story and characters.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Im in for a new fighting game. I wouldn't replay P5 though unless it was substantially reworked and had you playing as a new character.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony would never acknowledge at Atlus game at their own press event. Sucks, but Sony doesn't care about the Persona IP.

IT's not like Nintendo where they'll give SMT, or soon Persona 5 R a huge push at directs and maybe even E3. Sony is just embarrassed of the smaller games nowadays, and because of that they don't give them any type of exposure besides a blog update or 2.
This is beyond science. You've cracked the code

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
These recent threads really brought out the console warriors on Era. Just proves that no matter where you go to talk about games, there's always going to be that segment which seem compelled to try to antagonize others with some false sense of superiority.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
These recent threads really brought out the console warriors on Era. Just proves that no matter where you go to talk about games, there's always going to be that segment which seem compelled to try to antagonize others with some false sense of superiority.

There are certain franchises, like Persona, Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest that bring out the worst on all sides. Probably because they're prestigious and have at points been exclusive to one console brand for periods of time.

I think back to when Monster Hunter went 3DS exclusive for a while, or when World was announced. Threads got really ugly. Hell, even when Dragon Quest XI was announced for both PS4 and 3DS at the same time, fanboys still found ways to shit sling at each other.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Again, the Belmonts were Smash Ballot picks chosen by Sakurai. Joker was a Nintendo pick.

The point is, that we don't know anything for sure. There is a key differentiator there, but it's not like we have a lot of precedent for "3rd party Nintendo pick --> new game announced". Speculation is fine, but I'm just trying to caution against people taking it basically as a confirmation. This is ATLUS we're talking about here, yet there's so much hyping up before we know all the details. I think discussion will be more sane and lend to less disappointment if we hope but not "expect" a P5 enhanced edition for the Switch, based on a few rumors and that data point, which could end up irrelevant. We've gone through this a hundred times with different games that were seemingly all but confirmed.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Hope they streamline rather than add even more content. P4G was fantastic but P5 felt 20 hours overlong.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, the Belmonts were Smash Ballot picks chosen by Sakurai. Joker was a Nintendo pick.

I mean, both yes and no? Nintendo gave Sakurai a list and Sakurai chose 5 from it. It's still entirely possible that the DLC is just DLC and not required to be related to any marketing ploy.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder what these "other projects" would entail? Best I can think of would be something along the lines of "Persona 5 Arena" that will give us the P5 cast in fighting game form. Bonus points if Futaba also gets to throw down.

Other than that, a "Multplatform" release would be amazing to see for P5R if that option is on the table. Mind you that the switch could be a "Sure-fire" for the "Joker in Smash" movement. Would be great to see it on Xbox One, but I feel doubtful there. If it does happen though, I have no problems in double dipping.

I wonder if once we get to March, we could get a "Nintendo Direct Styled" Persona 5 announcement that will not only cover P5R, but all the other special goodies coming down the pipe? Hell, maybe we could see Joker in playable form in Smash by then (or to the same aspect of Piranha Plant where it isn't playable, but we have a good understanding of what Joker can do in-game when he arrives).