• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
This is a reboot of a thread by Atheerios . All of their OP content has been copied over, so credit goes to them.

New projects so maybe multiple games?

CRON1ty.jpg

No platforms explicitly confirmed yet but the PS logo is a big indicator that it's coming to at least PS4. That doesn't mean it's exclusive.

I don't have any inside information here (although I did hear from one source about this a little while ago who didn't know the platforms but thought a Switch release was likely), but the teaser just having a PlayStation logo doesn't mean it's PlayStation-exclusive.

In fact, it'd make a lot more sense for Nintendo to want to reserve Persona 5's Switch announcement for a Nintendo Direct, given how much success they had with the surprise reveal of Joker in Smash.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Let's try this again. This is not a thread to drag people for leaked info that may or may not be correct. Until we get more details, speculating on the nature of the games and their possible multiplatform status is not portbegging. Anyone derailing the thread with attacks on other members for past predictions, or with accusations of portbegging, will be actioned. As per the terms of service, no console wars posts.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this. I'm glad I skipped the og version and my first time with P5 will be the expanded version.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I guess cross-post for what I think the upcoming projects are gonna be about:
  • Persona 5 Remake
  • Persona 5 Action/Shooting Game
  • Persona 5 Arena
But I also feel like there's going to be something bigger than those that we can't quite tell yet, the way Wada's been talking.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Persona 5 Resetera locks every thread about this

I believe P5R is a multimedia project including several games. That's all

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why is this game generating so much wacky console warring?

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's hope this one goes better! Hopefully this is a first step towards Atlus not going the exclusivity route in the future.

Curious to see what all the hinted projects are, though.

Plum

May 31, 2018
As of now I'm expecting this to be a PS4 exclusive re-release akin to P4G or P3FES. I doubt there'll be enough changes to get me replaying the game on a non-portable console but you never know.

I don't personally think a Switch version is coming, or at least if it is I don't think it'll be the same as the PS4 version.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
For those who played the previous Persona Racing games, how are they in comparison to the competition?

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I feel kinda bad for the other guy who made a thread both times but got beaten to the punch twice.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
(ok lets try this again, thread mayhem)

I would definitely play a racing game, fighting game etc with these characters. Love this world.

And I am 100% for an expanded version as well (finished the OG at ~120 hours) but only portably. Don't have time to sit in front of a TV for another hundo (baby otw in April, #2).

Ooooooor if the PS4 version lets me do a NG+ on my existing save with some sort of Chrono Cross esque FF function that'd be dope too (think another Persona extended cut has this?)

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I now you ride around a lot in P5, but maybe have that racing game be just a side activity to the TRUE Persona spin-off game everybody secretly wants?

I'm talking about Persona Golf of course, where characters from all Persona games compete with each other on cool and weird courses bases upon typical Persona dungewons and where you can have races in golf carts.

... a man can dream :(

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a Persona game with Chain of Memories style mechanics.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok one last time.

My guess is 5 Arena, the rumored action game, and an enhanced Persona 5.

Out of left field choice is Persona 5-2.

Minako

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine jokingly brought up a Persona 5 cooking game (think Cooking Mama) and I... I'd actually play that. I don't expect that to actually happen, and it was only brought up as a joke. But there's been an aspect of cooking in the past few Persona games and I actually think it'd be quite fun to see how the Persona 5 cast reacts to different parts of cooking.

I think the racing game idea was originally brought up as a joke a few years back as well. That said, I remember reading somewhere that at one point in development P5 was going to have a bigger driving component than just in Mementos? I'd play a racing game. At this point I'd be more surprised if an ArcSys fighting game didn't happen.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wait three months just for an announcement?

Sh4kqja.gif

Screw this.

*starts P5 and gets it over with*

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
  • Persona 5 Remake
  • Persona 5 Arena
But I also feel like there's going to be something bigger than those that we can't quite tell yet, the way Wada's been talking.
Would the bigger thing specifically be P5 related?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Is it too much to ask for better visuals on P5R? I always hated how the first game looked barely better than the PS3 version on PS4.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
it's hard to keep up with these threads, but at least this seems to be the definitive one.
Anyway, I hope this is more than just a deluxe version of Persona 5. As fun as the game was, I'm not doing it all over again.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume Persona 5 Arena was coming as a project but ArcSys is busy with GranBlue game, so probably not happening anymore.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to know it's confirmed for PS4 since I don't own Switch (I'm sure it'll be on Switch as well, just glad it's not exclusive). The other project is almost certainly another Arena.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quoting what Aigis said in the original trainwreck:

The way this will probably work out is:

• P5R is going to be a PS4 exclusive
  • P5S is going to be a Switch exclusive
  • They will be the same game labeled differently and the Switch version will have added features to support hardware functionality
That way technically everyone is right

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Why can't video game announcements be more straightforward? Can we at least get any news on Persona Q2 English release while we wait for whatever the hell this is to be fully announced? Give me something, Atlus. Fucking anything.
Preferably Persona 5 Arena. Hell, I'd take a P4AU port for PS4 and/or Switch even.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The actual reveal will likely come alongside the 2nd OVA. As for a possible Arena sequel, aren't ASW kinda busy right now?

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
  • Persona 5 Remake
  • Persona 5 Arena

Maybe Remaster, but no way we're getting a Persona 5 Remake already.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Would the bigger thing specifically be P5 related?
Not sure. I used to think it'd be too early for a Persona 6 tease, but they have been working on it for a bit now and I wouldn't say a P6 tease would be absolutely out of the question anymore.

Wada's been talking about how the preparations they've been making for a long time now are going to come to fruition in 2019, and how what happens there will inform their trajectory for the next 5 years. That's dramatic talk for just Persona 5 spin-offs, so I feel like there should be something more.
Maybe Remaster, but no way we're getting a Persona 5 Remake already.
By "remake," I just mean the usual expanded version of the game with an amnesiac new female character and new story beats with gameplay elements.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, I'm all in for any new type of Persona 5 content. I gave Persona 5 Dancing a try but didn't like it because I got overwhelmed by the gameplay. Now that I'm a huge fan of Persona 4 Dancing, I'm more than willing to give the Persona 5 Dancing entry a new try!

I wouldn't mind having an extended version of Persona 5 and a fighting game. Hell, imagine if this was a Persona 5-2. My mind would be blown!