• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Only way a mainline Persona will get released on Switch is if the Megami Tensei also dips back to the PS4/5.

That's not how ATLUS works. They're extremely unpredictable, and their platform availability is whimsical at best.

Though SMT5 being on UE4 makes it much more likely to be multi platform.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Would you consider yourself an expert.
7Wvgq1w.jpg

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I see them differentiating the versions is that there is some different content between them. I dont think they will do anything drastic like take out a whole scenario, so maybe something nintendo based makes the most sense, the switch having unique hardware being chief among them
Might just be like LA Noire, the Switch version was technically different than the PS4 and Xbox One versions, even though it was all the same game.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
I even said in the other thread that I was never told it was an exclusive, just that info I received made me believe an exclusive could be a thing. This really sucks.

Dude, not to sound like an ass here, but this isn't rocket science. I like Persona Central, and I admire the effort you put into your work. That said, this was dumb.

There was absolutely zero reason for you to put yourself out there and tell people that P5R is a Switch game, and then go on to mention it might even be a Switch exclusive. I mean if you really can't see how you brought this upon yourself, with the dozens of examples where this has happened to leakers before you, I'm not sure what to say.

The point now isn't even whether or not a Switch version is announced in March. It's that you brought this upon yourself. Nobody asked you to "leak" the existence of a Switch version. Nobody asked you to claim it may even be exclusive to the Switch. Nobody asked you to come on here on ResetEra and then fan those flames even more, mere hours before the announcement was meant to happen.

People are upset because you got their hopes up, and now they're disappointed. And there was no reason for you to have done so. It's that simple.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So you aren't an insider but you 100% know for a fact it's not coming to switch despite Admins and myself verifying the information he was posting?
So you don't know anything. Gotcha.
Uh, right. And I never claimed to be an insider, either.

Man, you guys really want the Switch dream to come true so bad that you're attacking anything and everything that could possibly go against it. It's kinda funny.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
For people trying to link the domains with genres/consoles dont forget

P4U was a fighting game
Its name was The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

They like their bullshit nonsensical titles
P5R/S/B/Whatever could literally be anything and nothing

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
At this point we just have to wait until March, I would have loved to see it announced for Switch before the end of the year but we have to wait for more information. For now we just now that there will be new projects about Persona 5, the acronym of a game or a group of projects (P5R) and the logo of PlayStation in the Youtube video uploaded on the website. Clearly it shows that PS4 will be the main platform in which these games will be released, but it wouldn't be the first time that with a commercial agreement a logo of a platform is put behind a video of a multiplatform game. What makes me far the most is that the video itself with the logo is on the P5R website, but there's anyway the potential P5S.

Plum

May 31, 2018

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Not weird at all.

Persona-Q2_2.jpg

Just a bunch of people reading things they WANT TO SEE into things that were never there to begin with.

Considering Nintendo picked the smash 5 dlc, I get the feeling they didn't pick Joker to hype a several month old 3ds game on their dying handheld. If Sakurai chose them then I'd give your post more merit (same way cloud was eligible thanks to kh:com) since he chose Simon/Richter based upon historical significance. I would assume if Nintendo is gonna work with Atlus to get the rights for Joker in smash, they'd probably money hat at least a port.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: platform warring
This thread is a work of art, switch fans trying to reassure themselves it's still happening, PS fans gloating it's an exclusive
Bubububut Persona 5 would be PERFECT on Switch so that means it has to be coming!!! It's a PERFECT game for portability and <insert personal story of how Switch has changed your gaming life / perspective leading into why it matters for Persona 5>.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
The only thing people have to go on that there might be Switch port is Joker in Smash.

Sometimes a crossover is just a crossover, doesn't mean it would go any further than that.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Why would a minor 3DS spinoff be that important to Nintendo execs?
Because... It's the ONLY version of a Persona 5 game that is coming to Switch?

Because Atlus and Nintendo both like money?

"Joker is in Smash."
"OMG! P5 Switch is confirmed!!!"

No.

Joker is in PQ2. There is your link.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, not to sound like an ass here, but this isn't rocket science. I like Persona Central, and I admire the effort you put into your work. That said, this was dumb.

There was absolutely zero reason for you to put yourself out there and tell people that P5R is a Switch game, and then go on to mention it might even be a Switch exclusive. I mean if you really can't see how you brought this upon yourself, with the dozens of examples where this has happened to leakers before you, I'm not sure what to say.

The point now isn't even whether or not a Switch version is announced in March. It's that you brought this upon yourself. Nobody asked you to "leak" the existence of a Switch version. Nobody asked you to claim it may even be exclusive to the Switch. Nobody asked you to come on here on ResetEra and then fan those flames even more, mere hours before the announcement was meant to happen.

People are upset because you got their hopes up, and now they're disappointed. And there was no reason for you to have done so. It's that simple.

If he is telling the truth, which seems he is, then I dont think it justifies you or anybody else being condescending (trying to use a nice word here) him for it. If anything I think it makes several people look childish to go at him for it.

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018
Uh, right. And I never claimed to be an insider, either.

Man, you guys really want the Switch dream to come true so bad that you're attacking anything and everything that could possibly go against it. It's kinda funny.

Actually, I'm trying to understand what you posted. Why is this funny to you?

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it's a fucking game. Jesus man.
O.O Pretty sure he means that P5R teaser says multiple projects. It could be that P5R is just the general name for these multiple projects. From the announcement we certainly can't be sure that "P5R" is the actual name of one of these projects.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bubububut Persona 5 would be PERFECT on Switch so that means it has to be coming!!! It's a PERFECT game for portability and <insert personal story of how Switch has changed your gaming life / perspective leading into why it matters for Persona 5>.
Awful post, espescially since the thread has mostly been about insiders and credibility.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Only thing that is making me doubt is that Atlus will reveal more in March, and I don't see Nintendo waiting that long for a Direct. They can't reveal it earlier.

But who am I kidding, if there is a P5-less Direct in January/February, people will still be adamant it's coming (even I will be lol).

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah that really encapsulates the real colors of a lot of people here
also goodbye

ItsKipz

Oct 27, 2018
Isn't console warring not allowed here? Nobody is saying what you're saying, we currently just have no reason to doubt Mystic's info that it will eventually be announced for Switch.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that I didn't make it clear that I was speculating based on what I heard, and that there's a reason I'd believe Switch exclusive, because technically it is an exclusive, but not in the literal sense. It will indeed still come to PS4. I even stated in the other thread that there is a chance this is a multiplatform and that I misinterpreted something specific, but I won't mention that after all of this. I can just say that insiders here can vouch for what I am saying, such as Hobbes.

I thought you were full of shit after reading your tweets but this kinda makes sense. I still believe in a Switch version anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I'm trying to understand what you posted. Why is this funny to you?
Because it's pretty funny. You respond derisively towards speculation that goes against what you'd want to happen, even though it's labeled as speculation. But of course you'll support any speculation that will support what you want to happen.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
If it is a golden version of P5, i hope i can transfer my save and can get the additonal content for a bit extra price

But knowing atlus they'll charge £50 and give no save transfer, and ill buy it cause im a dickhead

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100%. Don't label me as one of the "insiders," though. I'm just someone who knows a lot about Atlus and Persona.
It would go a long way to explain how Atlus and Persona works though you're probably going to say "Persona's always been PS exclusive." And yeah but that ultimately doesn't mean anything. Final Fantasy was PS exclusive for a long time and then it came out on Xbox. Same with Kingdom Hearts. If the platform maker itself isn't developing the game, nothing is really tied down as "exclusive".

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
This is a confusing post. What did we do, exactly? Please explain.

DLZ5jk1W4AEYUL0.jpg

Y'all got yourselves hyped up over domain registrations, swirled yourselves up into a hypenado, put weight into the words of people with information that is shaky at best, and wallowed in frustration when an announcement of an announcement came with little to no information. Platform wars aside, tempering expectations of any announcement or event is a fine way to keep ones sanity and save hours of forum warring.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't too obvious? The port begging on Switch is out of control on this forum breh. Just calling out how annoying and predictable it is for when something isn't announced for Switch right away.

I could careless what platforms it comes to, whatever brings Persona to the most people is always the best. Just means more money for Atlus to make meaning bigger and better budgets for their next Persona game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Because... It's the ONLY version of a Persona 5 game that is coming to Switch?

Because Atlus and Nintendo both like money?

"Joker is in Smash."
"OMG! P5 Switch is confirmed!!!"

No.

Joker is in PQ2. There is your link.

Well you're wrong basically. The trailer shows 'Persona 5' not once but twice, and PQ2 is not mentioned once. Joker's design is also from P5 and not PQ2.

There's no 'links' to discover in this instance. You're wrong and everyone arguing against you is right. It is Super Smash bros x Persona 5 like that literally say in the trailer.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll need to calm down. You all just got a teaser for an announcement that literally means nothing in any direction other than a Playstation marketing splash. It doesn't mean its any particular type of game. It doesn't mean its exclusive or not. Yet all these posts in here so defensive and shit. Damn

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you said we don't know if P5R is even a game

It's blatantly a game and is on a PlayStation platform at the very least. lol

P5R for now is officially only a website with a teaser saying that multiple projects will be announced in March. Atlus announced no game here, just an event.

Now of course P5R is actually a game, but officially from what we got nothing has been announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.