• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Persona 5 "thing" could be released on Switch at some point, sure. Maybe a fighting game could be multiplay including it. But if "P5R" is its own project and not a representation of many, it will not be on Switch itself.
I mean Persona 5, the game itself. Maybe not "R" specifically, but nomenclature aside.
I think a P5 on Switch is happening. It probably isn't called "R", but I think there is still a Switch version of P5 coming, and presumabluy alongside R too.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
So, in the end, we have five (eh) domains for presumably five different games/events:

P5U (likely Persona 5 Arena)
P5R
P5S
P5M
P5B

Am I correct?

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
but then you question it, how come that user new about an upcoming switch version but not about a PS4 version when the game clearly has palystation marketing. this makes no sense.

If i had to guess, someone said to him that persona is coming to the Switch (wheter it is a port, multiple games or what who knows), he then thinks its Switch exclusive, then he recives info that P5R will be announced after the OVA and so he expects the switch version to be announced, turns out it was multiplatform and this "announcement" is only the announcement for part of Sony which make sense since is after the OVA and the anime is licensed by Aniplex which is part of Sony and probably they wanted to have the announcement first.

It is not that hard to imagine, and also this is not the first japanese game multiplatform that gets announced with a PS logo because it is announced in something where Aniplex is involved, so there is precedent.

Suzushiiro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
If it *is* a re-release with new content (not to be confused with GOTY/ultimate editions that just roll in the existing DLC,) you don't usually do those sorts of projects just to release them on the same platforms the game is already on. Switch seems all but assured, XBone for the west seems somewhat likely (given that they got Nier ported I'd be shocked if they didn't at least try to get P5 as well,) and hopefully also PC.

Then again, this is Atlus, the one company in the goddamned industry that makes Nintendo look like a hip and modern company that stays on the bleeding edge of industry trends and always makes rational decisions that make total sense, so who the fuck knows.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The way this will probably work out is:

• P5R is going to be a PS4 exclusive
  • P5S is going to be a Switch exclusive
  • They will be the same game labeled differently and the Switch version will have added features to support hardware functionality
That way technically everyone is right

I forgot the rest of the registered trade marked P5 games, but was one of them X for Xbox.

Persona 5 Xtreme... Beach Volley Ball.

That being said, makes sense. Though I wonder if that really warrants two different versions. The Switch should be strong enough to run a PS3 version. Maybe motion controls for mini-games?

It would kinda be cool if it went and created a P3P scenario and made it a visual novel, though that would be a total waste of the Switch's capabilities.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I do think P5 will come to Switch Nintendo's mentioned SMT in regards to Joker in Smash I believe.

It wouldn't be much a stretch that they wanted something MegaTen related and he was just simply more marketable then a mainline protagonist. Like how despite Terra arguably making more sense as a rep they went with Cloud.

Though again I still think P5 on Switch will happen too.
This is wrong, because the announcement is Smash Bros. X Persona 5

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So do you think p5s will be a different switch version of the game? Or do you think everything p5 related will be ps4 only and the only p5 thing on switch will be smash related?
I absolutely do not think "P5S" means "Persona 5 Switch." They wouldn't call a project that, for one. And if P5R were a remake of P5 for PS4, they wouldn't separate the project for Switch, for two.

A Persona 5 spin-off could be on Switch. Heck, a Persona 5 remake could be on Switch. But if P5R is its own project, it will not be on Switch.
I mean Persona 5, the game itself. Maybe not "R" specifically, but nomenclature aside.
I think a P5 on Switch is happening. It probably isn't called "R", but I think there is still a Switch version of P5 coming, and presumabluy alongside R too.
That's totally possible.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it will come to switch, but you have to agree it's pretty ironic that they came out beating the drum for switch and when it was announced only the Sony logo was there.

Like, if you have insider knowledge on its existence and it's announced for both platforms, that's one thing; but, for it to be announced as Sony only for right now makes his claims a little suspicious right now.

Like I said, I think it'll come to Switch, but this is all weird.

I mean I understand why people don't believe him, but that mostly comes down to Atlus being weird when it comes to communication like they have always been. A more traditional publisher would have clarified what P5R really is and on which platform is the enhanced version of P5 coming.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
You see, he has been setting up a Switch announcement today, and with this tweet he was riding on it being exclusive for quite some time. I'm pretty sure it's not me with reading issues:

It's obviously still possible that it's being announced for Switch later in the year, but calling people stupid for being disappointed that an insider misled them today is a bit much, Kano.

To his credit, he later said that it still could come out on PS4 and that he just knew that there was a Switch version. Maybe he thought the Switch version would be announced today, who knows.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I've already lost interest in whatever this is for the time being. Can we get a PQ2 localization announcement while we're waiting? Thanks.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5-R on PS4 (Enhanced Re-release)
Persona 5-S on Switch (Enhanced Port)
Persona 5 Arena/Ultimax on Multiplat

There's your "projects".

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He said it was exclusive to Switch and was adamant about it that he was right.

No, he did not. Stop lying.
He said it was coming to Switch and thought it might be exclusive given the talks he's had, without certainty. He said it could still be coming to PS4.
Jesus people, is it that hard to go fetch one post from one guy who posts on the very same forum as you before putting words into their mouths?

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
User banned (3 days): Backseat modding and harassing another user.
Can you give me the press release where Atlus states the platforms of their future Persona 5 projects?

I will stick with what I get and what I get now is a PS4 logo and that's it.

at least I'm not trying to speculate on something I don't know and create Buzz around something that's just not going to happen so I get my 15 minutes of attention.

I don't know if that the Mystic guy said something here or are just on his Twitter.

but if he said something here claiming to be an Insider he should get banned as an example for other people trying to do the same.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only "evidence" that this game could come to Switch (and possibly every other platform cause why not) is that I doubt a lot of people are going to buy the same game for the same platform twice. Atlus likes money.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
You act like it's not from the other side too. Just go look at that other topic. All of this is bad. Don't leave anyone under the table.
You act like it's not from the other side too. Just go look at that other topic. All of this is bad. Don't leave anyone under the table.

Which side are you referring to? If you're referring to the crowd that hoped for the Switch version being exclusive, I didn't look at them because they are the minority, whereas PS fans have been doing this for a LONG while. I've seen it at least 1-2 times in recent months, so the PS-side has it coming.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

at least I'm not trying to speculate on something I don't know and create Buzz around something that's just not going to happen so I get my 15 minutes of attention.

I don't know if that the Mystic guy said something here or are just on his Twitter.

but if he said something here claiming to be an Insider he should get banned as an example for other people trying to do the same.
He didn't claim to be an insider, he is

The only "evidence" that this game could come to Switch (and possibly every other platform cause why not) is that I doubt a lot of people are going to buy the same game for the same platform twice. Atlus likes money.
P3–>FES

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That being said, makes sense. Though I wonder if that really warrants two different versions. The Switch should be strong enough to run a PS3 version. Maybe motion controls for mini-games?
The only reason I see them differentiating the versions is that there is some different content between them. I dont think they will do anything drastic like take out a whole scenario, so maybe something nintendo based makes the most sense, the switch having unique hardware being chief among them

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
To his credit, he later said that it still could come out on PS4 and that he just knew that there was a Switch version. Maybe he thought the Switch version would be announced today, who knows.
The issue is that I didn't make it clear that I was speculating based on what I heard, and that there's a reason I'd believe Switch exclusive, because technically it is an exclusive, but not in the literal sense. It will indeed still come to PS4. I even stated in the other thread that there is a chance this is a multiplatform and that I misinterpreted something specific, but I won't mention that after all of this. I can just say that insiders here can vouch for what I am saying, such as Hobbes.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
He said P5R was being revealed and it was.
Technically the only thing that was revealed was that there will be P5 project announcements in March 2019, and p5r.jp is a teaser site for that. They didn't reveal any actual announcement, they didn't reveal any game, they didn't reveal anything that can be considered a game title. With regards to what P5R could be we know about as much now as we did 24 hours ago, or a week ago, or a month ago, etc. Which is... nothing. Typical Atlus teaser. Lol.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Maybe at least have all facts on the table before you demand people to get banned? I'm frankly disgusted reading this. Shame on you.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I absolutely do not think "P5S" means "Persona 5 Switch." They wouldn't call a project that, for one. And if P5R were a remake of P5 for PS4, they wouldn't separate the project for Switch, for two.

A Persona 5 spin-off could be on Switch. Heck, a Persona 5 remake could be on Switch. But if P5R is its own project, it will not be on Switch.

That's fair, I don't think they'd call p5s p5 switch the same way dragon quest 11 s isn't being called dragon quest 11 switch... even if it's coming to switch.

I still think some version of the main p5 game is coming to switch, be it a straight port, a remake, or a what if alternative version. I've felt this way even before joker for smash or any of the drama of the day.

I think the real question from today's little teaser of a teaser is what could p5r be if it's not the typical fes/portable/golden enhanced port.

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
Only way a mainline Persona will get released on Switch is if the Megami Tensei also dips back to the PS4/5.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically the only thing that was revealed was that there will be P5 project announcements in March 2019, and p5r.jp is a teaser site for that. They didn't reveal any actual announcement, they didn't reveal any game, they didn't reveal anything that can be considered a game title. With regards to what P5R could be we know about as much now as we did 24 hours ago, or a week ago, or a month ago, etc. Which is... nothing. Typical Atlus teaser. Lol.

Yup. For now we don't even know "officially" if P5R is a game.

Spiegel

Oct 26, 2017
How sure are you about this?

And how are you sure about it being multiplatform?

As I said two pages ago:

If you are saying this is because you must know if the game is coming to more than one platform.
It would be pretty easy to stop this conversation about if it's coming to switch or not.

If you don't confirm anything, please refrain from making these kind of comments.

This also goes for anyone who says the game is PS4 exclusive with no source.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I still think Persona 5 will hit Switch in some form seeing as Nintendo requested Joker to be in Smash. Its a weird move to make otherwise considering they could have used his slot to advertise SMT5 or any other mainline SMT character for an Atlus rep.
Not weird at all.

Persona-Q2_2.jpg

Just a bunch of people reading things they WANT TO SEE into things that were never there to begin with.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
No, he did not. Stop lying.
He said it was coming to Switch and thought it might be exclusive given the talks he's had, without certainty. He said it could still be coming to PS4.
Jesus people, is it that hard to go fetch one post from one guy who posts on the very same forum as you before putting words into their mouths?

I saw his tweets and his posts from the other topic. You need to stop defending him and stop getting so offended because you don't even know him let alone have any input in this. He was explicit and he was straightforward. He said it was Switch exclusive. End of story.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
What if the Switch game is an upres port of Persona Q2? that also has Persona 5 characters, it would explain Joker in Smash and it would leave the mainline Persona games on PS.

Someone needs to explain me where this trend of "every Atlus IP must be multiplatform" started.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He said it was exclusive to Switch and was adamant about it that he was right.
Stop lying no he didn't. They openly stated multiple times things could change.
The announcement was specifically with the P5 logo though.

Smash Bros x Persona 5
This is wrong, because the announcement is Smash Bros. X Persona 5
Just thinking of a possible reason, like I said I still think it's coming to Switch myself.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The issue is that I didn't make it clear that I was speculating based on what I heard, and that there's a reason I'd believe Switch exclusive, because technically it is an exclusive, but not in the literal sense. It will indeed still come to PS4. I even stated in the other thread that there is a chance this is a multiplatform and that I misinterpreted something specific, but I won't mention that after all of this. I can just say that insiders here can vouch for what I am saying, such as Hobbes.
Yeah, that makes sense. Sorry for saying you were full of shit earlier, I didn't know you were verified by other insiders here.

Status
Not open for further replies.