• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
This game came out right before the PS4 Pro so here's hoping for some support. Although with the art style it still looked good at 1080p on a 4K tv. Native 4K would be amazing. CRossing fingers!

Wescoast76

Tried to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Sep 22, 2018
First, please calm down.

Second, yes I agree. It's very annoying that people still think the Switch is underpowered and can't pull the latest games. But I hope this will change next year, as more and more impressive third party ports get released on Switch.

I'm very calm. If someone disingenuously puts out misinformation I will gladly correct it. Just like other people in this thread did.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not even considering all the leaks, I would be shocked if Nintendo chose Joker for Smash without P5 coming to Switch in 2019.

Why else would they choose him?
While I do think P5 will come to Switch Nintendo's mentioned SMT in regards to Joker in Smash I believe.

It wouldn't be much a stretch that they wanted something MegaTen related and he was just simply more marketable then a mainline protagonist. Like how despite Terra arguably making more sense as a rep they went with Cloud.

Though again I still think P5 on Switch will happen too.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing / Justifying Harassment. Large Number of Accumulated Infractions. Recently Returned from Prior Ban.
Yes, and I'm currently going through hell over this and I highly doubt people will be apologetic when March comes and it is announced for Switch.

No one forced you to put yourself out on a limb and speak. Harassment sucks but you have to know that's what you're opening yourself to when you play the insider game.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting teaser announcement. Glad it's coming to the ps4 at the very least for those who want it on that platform. Still hoping for a portable version, I have more fun playing with portable rpgs
This is why I rarely post on ERA. Everyone who laughed after the announcement and/or Switch not being announced while at the same damn time shutting down people's hope for a Switch version (pretty sure multiple projects were teased, so a Switch port will be revealed in March) are some real assholes. I love PS too and I can't wait to play Persona 5 R on whatever platforms are "officially revealed", but I can't stand people who keep up console war BS on this forum. Y'all are the worst.
Yeah, the console war BS you'd normally see from Gamefaqs is starting to creep up here.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I even said in the other thread that I was never told it was an exclusive, just that info I received made me believe an exclusive could be a thing. This really sucks.

Hang in there, man. Those of us who don't suck at reading and have the whole context with you and Zhuge know exactly what you meant. The people giving you hell either don't know how to read, don't have the context, or are just trigger-happy trolls. This will blow over, don't worry.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
While I do think P5 will come to Switch Nintendo's mentioned SMT in regards to Joker in Smash I believe.

It wouldn't be much a stretch that they wanted something MegaTen related and he was just simply more marketable then a mainline protagonist. Like how despite Terra arguably making more sense as a rep they went with Cloud.

Though again I still think P5 on Switch will happen too.
Yes this is plausible I suppose.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
If this is Persona 5 again with additional content... I'll probably buy it again. I can't resist, I'm so weak lol

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way this will probably work out is:

• P5R is going to be a PS4 exclusive
  • P5S is going to be a Switch exclusive
  • They will be the same game labeled differently and the Switch version will have added features to support hardware functionality
That way technically everyone is right

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Bro just tap out from the leak game, its not worth it if you catch major shit for it every time from crazed fans. Why do you do it anyway, internet clout?

Based upon his twitter history he just seems to be a persona/atlus super fan and spends a lot of time researching the company and it's products. He also has done some level of translation work in the past which probably gives him some level of connection.

Spiegel

Oct 26, 2017
Not saying that at all. I did not want to confirm platforms because I did not know what platforms they'd confirm in the announcement.

If you are saying this is because you must know if the game is coming to more than one platform.
It would be pretty easy to stop this conversation about if it's coming to switch or not.

If you don't confirm anything, please refrain from making these kind of comments

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
This thread turned into a console war.

I'm just happy the game is actually coming. Whatever it is. Here I'm hoping for more Persona 5 goodness.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Literally all we know is this.

1) P5R exists.
2) It's coming to some Sony hardware, probably PS4.
3) Nothing else is confirmed officially, including possible other hardware.
4) One insider in Mystic has info of it also coming to Switch, and has sources that are credible enough to know this.
5) Mystic is unlike other leakers in that he doesn't just leak but he also adds some personal speculaton that is just his personal take rather than info that is being leaked.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I mean were you there for the other thread for this?

I was reading the thread while the stream was going and didn't see any obvious meltdowns.

In case this isn't sarcasm:

<3

Haha, nah man I was being serious. It's cool to have verafied people on this site vouch for stuff like this.

PS5 has SMT V as well, its just that Switch logo on the site is a thing for now, it will be revealed on PS5 reveal event.

Dude are you serious? Why would it be on PS5 instead of PS4?

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
It's gotta be called Persona 5 Rouge, right? With all the French tones in the game. Scarlet would sound pretty cool too though.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017

• They will be the same game labeled differently and the Switch version will have added features to support hardware functionality
Seems like the ideal scenario, tis a shame we will have to speculate for three months now

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Well 2018 has been an utter disappointment when it came to announcements or lack thereof, sure is a great way to finish the year with an announcement of an announcement!

I don't know why people are assuming anything right now, it's pretty clear the game should at least be coming out (updateable, hopefully) on PS4, they definitely wouldn't include the Nintendo logo on the announcement of an announcement as that would just be an announcement itself. Can't have that happening now can we?

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is a mess. I'm happy we are getting more persona. Hopefully a switch version is announced in March

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing more posts about people complaining than people actually complaining. It feels like y'all came to a bonfire with marshmallows but no one brought the fire.

logash

Oct 27, 2017

If they are pretty much exactly the same I will probably only get the Switch version. Buuuuuut, if they add pro support for the PS4 version I will probably buy both. Can't get enough Persona :D

Status
Not open for further replies.