• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
#YIKES
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Why are some people already attacking the guy when we know pretty much nothing about the game? Chill and wait until March.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Is it bad that i am not really interested in this unless it has a campaign like FES. I don't see the need of doing a remake of a game that's not that old and is on the previous system

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
An announcement with little detail to stay tuned for something more months from now.

And so the wheel turns.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably not a PS4 exclusive, but yeah, it's really funny seeing the PS logo after all the rumors lol

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
So many people here are too quick to jump the gun. Just because it doesn't say Console A doesn't mean it's not coming out on said console.

Sheesh!

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My impression was that they handed him a huge ass list of characters and he picked from there lol. But I'll admit that's pretty baseless. The reason I'm thinking this is because of Sakurai's own personal love for the game, so it wouldn't be out of the question for him to have had some input or leverage.

If Nintendo was behind it then I find it a bit more incomprehensible. Seems like a rather one-sided deal to me. Maybe they want to draw in the Atlus fans. Or maybe they just want to bag the DLC money and actually don't care.
I think it's probably because Persona 5 is coming to the Switch.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My impression was that they handed him a huge ass list of characters and he picked from there lol. But I'll admit that's pretty baseless. The reason I'm thinking this is because of Sakurai's own personal love for the game, so it wouldn't be out of the question for him to have had some input or leverage.

If Nintendo was behind it then I find it a bit more incomprehensible. Seems like a rather one-sided deal to me. Maybe they want to draw in the Atlus fans. Or maybe they just want to bag the DLC money and actually don't care.
Going by Sakurai's tweet, it seems like the only influence Sakurai had was if the character could be feasibly created or not.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I'm more annoyed about the lack of info as usual from Atlus.

Oh well. I can play P5R on PS4 if I want to, but I'm still hoping for a Switch version.

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm going to take insider info as serious as "my uncle works at nintendo" rumors from grade school.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
First it was Soul Calibur 6 ("they're waiting until later to announce it on Switch don't worry")
Then it was Spyro ("there's a direct coming, they'll announce the Switch version separately")
And now this.

Don't do this to yourselves again, it's not worth it.

Usually I would disagree but since this is Atlus I have to agree. This will be a PS4 exclusive game and I don't have hope it will come to Switch. Not with the way Atlus operates.

This being said I am out of P5R speculation threads.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Atlus/PS going for their usual marketing stuff I guess.
If only companies could do actual reveals...

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
After the hype about Joker on smash and the success of SSB Ultimate in Japan, Atlus would have to be absolutely insane to pass up a Switch version.

And they probably will.

Dec 2, 2017
I still believe there's a switch version. Possibly announced at the January direct, or a March one to go with joker arriving in smash.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not saying that at all. I did not want to confirm platforms because I did not know what platforms they'd confirm in the announcement.
I see. That makes sense, I suppose.

I also want to say it implies there is more than one platform, but I'll wait till March either way. :P

In any case, I am glad this exists (assuming it's an expanded P5?)

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
This is one of those occasions where people (I'll include myself to some degree) set themselves up for disappointment. Still, we got to know important details: first, that Persona 5 R/Persona in 2019 involves multiple projects; and last but not least, both Switch (via Era's insiders) and PlayStation (logo at the start of the teaser) are supported for these releases. That was the logical proposition, in my opinion, for Atlus to make.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the teaser for P5R said "New Projects"

plural. Lol is it possible P5R is just a project name for multiple other things under it's banner?

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Saving the announcement for P5R Switch for a direct wouldn't suprise me, but the rumor about switch exclusive was fishy from the start.
We'll see what march has to offer.
P5R being a spinoff would be cool as well.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
So it was fucking nothing. Guess I can continue my second playthrough and go for platinum.

Mod post

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
Persona 5 R and what it entails as a whole is currently unknown. You can't portbeg a title(s) that aren't fully detailed on what platforms they will appear. Stop arguing with one another about this aspect and just discuss what you hope these title(s) are.

Xenocthul

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I'm not convinced it won't get a Switch port but I'll be fine either way since I have both consoles.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Atlus wouldn't let PS4 owners down. I don't think this means that the Switch version isn't happening but from the beginning I knew that it wouldn't make any sense to leave out PlayStation, the platform that it sold 2+ million on. If this version adds Pro support I may even get this and the Switch version (if that is still in fact, a thing).

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
I know people's immediate reaction will be "PS ONLY LOL" but just remember this wouldn't be the first time stuff was announced for PS only to be announced for Switch later, i.e. Crystal Chronicles remaster.

But LOL at having to wait until March for any info.
Crystal Chronicles remaster was announced on Sony's TGS Conference, so

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
i have a feeling p5r gets the ps4 only treatment while switch gets the base version of the game and nothing else
That would pretty much be suicide for the switch version. At the very least a bad look

But people who were saying it would be switch exclusive were nuts. Look how much they sold on PS4. They're not going to throw that away for Nintendo money lol

Status
Not open for further replies.