• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
With Joker in Smash this can't possibly be skipping Switch, lol. Thankfully I can get it either way.

Can't believe I got hyped for an announcement of a fucking announcement, though. Someone leak something.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting this to be a expansion while Switch gets the original game. Either that or the Switch announcement will be later

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
So the next bit of info is coming around the time Joker is likely coming to Smash? It'll likely be PS4/Switch, right?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Direct in March, with Joker in Smash gameplay/release date reveal and Persona 5 port for Switch, I'd bet. Seems pretty obvious Nintendo wanted to use Joker in Smash as a bit of a bargaining chip.

Oct 25, 2017
Joker in Smash is the tease. Do you think the Nintendo suits just picked Joker for fun? Or is it more likely it is in the works he is coming to the Switch in his own game...

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any inside information here (although I did hear from one source about this a little while ago who didn't know the platforms but thought a Switch release was likely), but the teaser just having a PlayStation logo doesn't mean it's PlayStation-exclusive.

In fact, it'd make a lot more sense for Nintendo to want to reserve Persona 5's Switch announcement for a Nintendo Direct, given how much success they had with the surprise reveal of Joker in Smash.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, hopefully this is an expanded P5 release, and not something, like, a racing game or whatever. Atlus pls show more soon

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Don't lose faith fellas. P5s could be persona 5 switch

Anyways glad the rumor about it being exclusive didn't pan out. No issue if it is multi platform but don't ditch the fan base that made the game a huge success

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I don't have any inside information here (although I did hear from one source about this a little while ago who didn't know the platforms but thought a Switch release was likely), but the teaser just having a PlayStation logo doesn't mean it's PlayStation-exclusive.

In fact, it'd make a lot more sense for Nintendo to want to reserve Persona 5's Switch announcement for a Nintendo Direct, given how much success they had with the surprise reveal of Joker in Smash.
Agree.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same people saying no information was revealed are also insisting that a definitive platform list was given 🧐🤔

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's not switch exclusive. That's the only thing I was worried about.

Yep. If they decided to add Switch as well, it would be whatever. Just didn't want it to be exclusive. I own a Switch, but don't want to play Persona 5 on it.

Now if only Atlus would add enough additional content, assuming it's a plus version of the same game.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it is still coming to Switch, then you won't find out until March at the earliest. Most Persona news comes directly from Atlus nowadays.

But the Playstation logo at the beginning isn't a good sign.

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DoBPZi9XUAArfKe.jpg

OT: Never trusting B-list insiders again :(

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't mean it isn't coming to Switch. The Joker VGA reveal adds too much smoke. Plus the full reveal will likely line up with the actual release of Joker in Smash.

That said this being PS4 exclusive is more likely than it being Switch exclusive. Guess we'll see what happens. I shall hold out on my second playthrough regardless!

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
First it was Soul Calibur 6 ("they're waiting until later to announce it on Switch don't worry")
Then it was Spyro ("there's a direct coming, they'll announce the Switch version separately")
And now this.

Don't do this to yourselves again, it's not worth it.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this is usually what they would do in Nintendo fashion.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Yep, that's ATLUS. Can't wait for the announcement of an SMTV gameplay trailer in a year saying that they will show off gameplay in another year.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
The fact that they placed the official PlayStation logo that way makes me think about a strict cooperation with Sony about this.

Switch is doing better than PS4 in Japan, it would make totally sense for Sony to try and get some exclusives.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Great to know it exists, sad to know there won't be a big meltdown.

The meltdown is just about to begin though. Impossible for it not to after we had been told there would be a Switch version coming.

Even though I still believe it will come, the replies are about to get tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.