• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
The new content is spread throughout the game and it's not just the third semester so I highly doubt there will be such option.
That's disappointing unless they removed a ton of bloat. Idk if I want to play another 80 hours with some new stuff throughout just to get to 30 new hours at the end

Wish they made it accessible for original players who beat it like The Answer in P3 FES.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Why is this a re-release and not DLC?.... on the same console too... Sigh. I'd like to play this but I can't justify rebuying the game. It looks great tho.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wish I could be excited for this as it appears to be a pretty substantial update/expansion, but I had so many issues with the core cast and writing I doubt any additions or changes they make to improve some of the gameplay structure/time management issues will really change things enough for me. The Phantom Thieves themselves were so aggravating as a group and many of the scenarios and character arcs were really underwhelming and annoying. All of that combined sucked all the enjoyment out the game as time went on and eventually killed any desire to see things through to the end.

When dealing with a game as long as this, and Royal will be even longer, seemingly small grievances really compound over time. Especially when it comes to story and character related stuff. Gameplay stuff I can normally get over if the core experience is still engaging but once that starts to annoy me it's all downhill from there.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been DLC that completely changes the story of a game?

Because this is looking to take some serious deviations from the original.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what, Catherine FB will be my atlas fix for the year so I can live with 2020

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That's disappointing unless they removed a ton of bloat. Idk if I want to play another 80 hours with some new stuff throughout just to get to 30 new hours at the end

Wish they made it accessible for original players who beat it like The Answer in P3 FES.
For now they are just focused on the new stuff they've added to the game. (new dungeons, more events, new s-links, etc)

I honestly don't expect them to really cut much from the game, but we'll see. I agree with you that the original release was really bloated and I fear that Royal will be even worse in that regard.

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Portbegging and ignoring staff post
as someone with no PS4 and felt pretty tuckered out with P5 after 150 hours, fairly little interest at the moment. I feel like I can see all the important new stuff on twitch playthroughs. it'd be a huge money and time commitment for me at the moment.

I certainly would have been in if it was on Switch, though. it's a shame the series is still stuck on one console family, because Persona games would be a very good fit for Switch's stop & go play

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could be excited for this as it appears to be a pretty substantial update/expansion, but I had so many issues with the core cast and writing I doubt any additions or changes they make to improve some of the gameplay structure/time management issues will really change things enough for me. The Phantom Thieves themselves were so aggravating as a group and many of the scenarios and character arcs were really underwhelming and annoying. All of that combined sucked all the enjoyment out the game as time went on and eventually killed any desire to see things through to the end.

When dealing with a game as long as this, and Royal will be even longer, seemingly small grievances really compound over time. Especially when it comes to story and character related stuff. Gameplay stuff I can normally get over if the core experience is still engaging but once that starts to annoy me it's all downhill from there.

If you fundamentally don't like the characters then no, I seriously doubt this will change your mind

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
and yeah, those hoping that somehow a P5 vanilla save file will unlock anything in P5R.... there is no chance of that man, no chance.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
I like Kasumi's design overall, but the leotard, while making sense with her character from what we know, in her PT costume throws me off and I would rather have her have tights/black pants. I'll probably pick this up at some point for the new content. Day one or later down the road, I don't know.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have zero interest in buying Persona 5 again. Playing it once was fine. Playing a game this lengthy, meandering and repetitive twice while trying to keep my eyes focused to pick out any new content sounds miserable.

I bet I'm not the only one who came away from the game positively but has zero interest in paying full price again just to half-suffer through that game again.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So someone did a quick mockup of Kasumi with tights, honestly looks way better tbh

MV0UKAB.png
I want this.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard so many people say this game was too long and felt like a chore to finish. Seems weird to add even more content... unless the idea is to keep the game the same length while making it less redundant?

Samstrike

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of those expanded release. Really don't feel like playing the whole game again (which is already way too long) just to see the new content.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they have a way to transfer stats from P5 vanilla to this, maybe the compendium too

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
and yeah, those hoping that somehow a P5 vanilla save file will unlock anything in P5R.... there is no chance of that man, no chance.

Hopefully just some minor bonuses but I feel like that won't happen. I also doubt the DLC they released for P5 vanilla would be compatible as well

libregkd

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they have a way to transfer stats from P5 vanilla to this, maybe the compendium too
I mean they haven't said anything one way or another. There is precedent of them doing it though as P3 -> P3FES had a save transfer where it gave you your social stats and compendium from the vanilla game to use in FES.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm willing to bet Akechi will have a more expanded role, might even be around for the new palace.

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
I've heard so many people say this game was too long and felt like a chore to finish. Seems weird to add even more content... unless the idea is to keep the game the same length while making it less redundant?
It felt too long because pace was awful near the end, maybe the new content will help
(won't change that's it's a 100+ hours game and that not everyone can aford playing that much)

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Day 1. I loved Persona 5, even if it had a few letdowns (overall the cast was not as good as P4 and the ship was a really aweful dungeon). Still, overall it was the best Persona game for me, so I will definitly play this.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I actually like Kasumi's design. The leotard and legs have a nice contrasting feeling. While tights look neat, I feel she would look too much like Joker and it woudl be a bit bland. The frills on the cuffs are also really cool. In general it's a nice, stark contrasted design.

Not a big fan of the face tho. She kinda has a sameface problem.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Man I knew it would be a full price rerelease with more story...but somewhere in my heart I hoped it would be dlc for the original game.

I might get it, but damn I'll have to see how I feel in a year.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
fingers crossed the west gets a relocalization a new editing pass. Or else the pacing whining will be through the roof.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much the story will change, if she's going to be there since after kamoshida's dungeon then maybe playing the vanilla version isn't that bad
This sounds like another game, i mean, and you might have to change scenes so the new girl is there D: how much golden changed with marie added in?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sexualizing ~15 year old girls. Yeeeeah, I guess it's time to write off Persona series completely, personally. Don't want to support these pedo-bait serving pervs.