• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"You don't understand! He isn't a psychopath! He is just a troubled but cute pretty boy! My love can save him!"

I actually would like to see a redemption arc, completely played straight until the very end when he suddenly murders you and mocks you for being a gullible moron.
i would buy p5r full price if that does happen.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Antagonizing another member with off-site material
I just started Persona 5 two days ago and don't feel like waiting to be able to get this to continue it, nor to beat it now then again this fall.

So I'll just continue with the base game and get on P5R in a few years when I'll want to make another playthrough.

Well I hope you decide to support the developers with P5R

Mod Edit: Content Removed

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
re: akechi

these shots of kasumi with the thieves would all be well after the shido arc and akechi is not back with the party, so

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
"You don't understand! He isn't a psychopath! He is just a troubled but cute pretty boy! My love can save him!"

I actually would like to see a redemption arc, completely played straight until the very end when he suddenly murders you and mocks you for being a gullible moron.
I think that whole scene is going to go differently since
Goro thinks that Akira is dead so he can't go to the 3rd semester which means something is going to happen - which likely is Goro has been working on the PT all along or made a deal with them

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Some more screens

carousel_ss4_a9c7863e63e319e50adcb0a0fa1c5e28.jpg

carousel_ss6_f1a252225746f58910ec74b9eaa9d682.jpg

carousel_ss8_2abb721949f0787f00b98e7d88e9eeb3.jpg

Lightning1981

Mar 31, 2019
2020 west? Damn. I want to play this badly. Damnit. I'm very excited for this. P5 was one of the best games this gen for me.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Looks great! I am not sure I am willing to invest all the time into playing it again from scratch though. 100+ hours on the original was insane so adding more to it.. whew. I wonder if they'll streamline some older content perhaps? The additions sound fantastic though.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Funny, I loved the non combat portions and suffered through the repetitive combat....

Kinda where I was at.

Combat became "spam physical attacks and cries because all magic laughably is weak/resisted in comparison even if Satan is casting it". Then the story really let me down with the incredible lack of satisfying resolution to a certain twist.

But I really enjoyed most of the daily life stuff, so getting through dungeons fast with SP parched was key.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the new content. Will def double dip. Kinda disappointed the Shogi girl doesn't join the party.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
I've waited this long, I guess I can wait another year to play P5. Especially since I got a Pro and 4K TV a few months ago.

I've lost hope on a Switch port :'(

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
Just when I think I'm out, Atlus pulls me back in. I'm ready to re-enter the metaverse next year. Here's hoping with a third semester, we get more time to develop Haru, more scenes with Ryuji, Yusuke and Ann and just a general expansion of the existing confidants on top of the new additions.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I've always been under the impression that it came from people trying to rush through the game because they weren't enjoying it and wanted it to be over already. I was in no hurry to finish, and considering how late the original added Haru to the group, I wouldn't have objected to it being longer. I was even thinking of doing NG+ as a refresher ahead of Atlus pushing P5 more, but would admittedly have more incentive if P5R let save data carry over in some capacity (but given how much I've already done and the fact that the rest of us aren't getting it until 2020 anyway, I'm not necessarily ruling out just going for the Platinum for vanilla P5 while I wait).
Yeah, that has been how I felt also. I wasn't actually ready for the game to end yet when it did.

Also struggling to figure out if I'm going to attempt a NG+ still. I had planned to start one by now but work demands have cut my video gaming time to zero again.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

holy fuck that ryuuji/makoto screen is fucking baller

Also looks like you first meet Kasumi in May, so just after you wrap the Kamoshida arc? I think you're returning her ID that she dropped or something if I had to guess. It's at a sports meet or a track meet or at some activity thing in the park.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
Considering this is going to be like 200 hours long, it should keep us entertained until P6 releases (or until we die of old age, whatever comes first).

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just when I think I'm out, Atlus pulls me back in. I'm ready to re-enter the metaverse next year. Here's hoping with a third semester, we get more time to develop Haru, more scenes with Ryuji, Yusuke and Ann and just a general expansion of the existing confidants on top of the new additions.
Honestly considering Haru's position in the key art, I think Atlus and P Studio aren't really interested in giving her much screen time, it's sad too since I always thought the plot with her and her dad was super interesting and could really allow her to come into her own as a character but the game basically ignores she exists after a certain palace.

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely in for 4K P5G, not in for the inevitable Akechi redemption/retcons.

Would love to see full voice acting like for P4G but doubt it will be there.

...Gonna look on the bright side and say a 2020 launch means I can play and then save a NG+ run for PS5.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the people who are mad that this isn't free dlc or whatever. Did yall not watch the trailer?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I didn't power through the game. I never rush through my games. Maybe if it was your first persona game and you weren't sure what you were doing, I could see it being the case. Honestly the only real slog in the game for me was Mementos, which they could easily cut content from. And I hate to break it to you, but long playtimes are not a new thing for Persona (and a lot of jrpg's really). You're in it for the long haul. I'm not going to defend the pacing issues (which there are), but the long play times are by design, punctuated by the whole calendar system that Persona is known for.
These are well established times. Reviewers mentioned taking 100+ hours too. The pacing is atrocious and this game added a good 20+ hours to P4G, a game that already had one dungeon too many. There was nothing in P5 that necessitated it being longer than P3 and P4.

If the 100 hours - which again, you played it faster and I played it faster than that too but plenty of people did not - is incredibly engaging content throughout then that's fine. If the bulk of it is optional that's also fine (most open world games are 10-20 hours if you mainline the story). That isn't the case for P5. The game should've been 30% faster.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they add more events with the party members a la P4. With the new character being a school counselor I also expecting a bigger focus on the school, that was underutilized in the original game.

Also make the dungeons shorter for God's sake. No more stupid puzzles.