• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Game looks so pretty with the updated graphics, but to be fair I played P5 on PS3 so I don't know if this is as good as or better than the PS4 version

royal3_sec1_ss4_842c78fe143c2bc8ac82f5a82c22ad1a.jpg

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Unless something massive changes in my life there is almost zero chance I can play this on PS4.

Can I play a 20 hour one? Probably, but it would take forever. 30? Forever. 15? Quite some time. 100? LOL fuck no. Kingdom Hearts was one of my most anticipated games in decades. I've only been able to put in about 15 hours since release and the bulk of those hours came before my new work arrangement.

This isn't hyperbole, it's my reality. Have you had a baby in your life? I've seen threads and am a part of groups where a lot of new dads said Switch has single handedly saved their gaming hobby. I'm not an irresponsible parent. I can't cage them up for hours on end so I can be tethered to a television.
I've raised children growing up but am not a father yet personally and I actually know a few dad's who approve of the switch and how it saves them time. My thing was just people being like they have NO time, like I get it, you have little time if any but that's still time. (Time you rather put towards something else more important in your life than a video game).
I'm sure I'll be like that in the future

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
This barely registers as an expansion pack. They better not charge full price for it and give discounts for those who already have the base game

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
OP says it's an expanded rerelease but also a new game?

I don't understand is it:

A: The original game with some new content sprinkled throughout but the same story overall?

Or

B: A whole new story that's different from the events of the original?

If it's A idk if I will play it. I loved P5 but it was 30 hours too long and needs substantial QOL improvements. Would be great if they let you import your P5 save file and let you skip certain things. I'd rather play new content only.
Based on the trailer it looks like a combination of A and B

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Human Morgana is way too pretty. Kinda weird.

Yeah, it's a remake.
People don't remember that P5 on PS4 was just the PS3 version at higher resolution.

This game looks basically exactly the same, less jaggies on the Pro I guess. Probably still jaggy as hell on regular PS4s.

Vitor

Oct 30, 2017
There is even more content to this bloated and long enough game?

Yeeeesh, might have to pass unless they remove some of the unnecessary dialogue. It was a slog to play on the non combat portions.
Funny, I loved the non combat portions and suffered through the repetitive combat....

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly! It's so weird that she isn't, though I don't mind and I'm not surprised given the initial teaser already informing us that she's a first year who's against the Phantom Thieves. I hope the similarities between their Metaverse outfits will be addressed in the game.

side by siding them...
zJiXcsd.png

n8otiQB.png

if you simplified them to colour blobs the main difference would be the hair and the skin (since her underlayer is more rhythm gymnastics based). but the jacket and especially the gloves are super similar. Her mask is even inverted colours of Joker's, and the same shape almost!

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Game looks so pretty with the updated graphics, but to be fair I played P5 on PS3 so I don't know if this is as good as or better than the PS4 version

I played the PS4 version. This looks a bit sharper, but so for I'm not noticing such a massive upgrade outside of more NPC's in the pictures. Textures seem a bit more detailed, but not so much that it feels like "new version" IMO. Though, my memory might just be a bit foggy.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Anyone else think its possible that
The new counselor character takes over Akechi's role? Please make Akechi a permanent party member

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they at least tried to address some of the issues people had with the base game, mainly the pacing.

Even saying that dungeons have been improved would've gone a long way in terms of making me more hopeful for this game.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
so, if it's not DLC (and not upgradable, as it seems), buying P5 now, even considering it's really cheap, is a horrible idea. Guess Atlus wants everybody to wait another 12 months or so (western people, anyway) to buy Persona 5.

Alderaan

Apr 15, 2018
So there was about 7 Months between P5 JP release until the US release (originally was suppose to be 5 months, but got delayed from Feb 2017 to April 2017). Wonder if we can expect the same type of time for the US release in 2020. That would put it into the June/July time frame 2020 if we go by 7 months (around April if we go by original 5 month).

I am about 20 hours into P5 and loving it, but will prob hold off and just wait till next year for this release.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

That's one of the pre-rendered background paintings I believe, and it'll be awesome if they were forward thinking enough to future proof them for 4K.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
The one thing I didn't like about Persona 5 was the characterization. All the phone convo's didn't have enough personality and it was always just a reminder on how bad the upcoming fight is and how we should stop them. In Persona 4 and to an extent 3 you adored the characters because of how well you get to know them. I didn't get that from P5. Hopefully Royale will address this

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Portbegging and Ignoring Staff Post
No way can I spend another 90+ hours on this game. Only way I buy this version is if this version is also released on Switch and this female character ends up as a new protagonist. With a new baby on the way, gaming on my PS4 is going to take a hit and playing on Switch will be probably my only easy way to game. Otherwise I just don't think there would be enough for me to jump in and sink that time into this again.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look you guys need to accept that not only is there going to be more Akechi he's probably your best bet if your hoping for a gay romance.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, hard pass for me. Can't bring myself to play through this whole game again for a smattering of new content.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
You realize powering through the game at a faster pace than normal doesn't change the fact that for a lot of players it was a 100+ hour game. Add to that a bunch more cutscenes, two or so dungeons, new content (and let's face it Atlus isn't going to cut anything). 150 is definitely going to be the upper end for some players.

I didn't power through the game. I never rush through my games. Maybe if it was your first persona game and you weren't sure what you were doing, I could see it being the case. Honestly the only real slog in the game for me was Mementos, which they could easily cut content from. And I hate to break it to you, but long playtimes are not a new thing for Persona (and a lot of jrpg's really). You're in it for the long haul. I'm not going to defend the pacing issues (which there are), but the long play times are by design, punctuated by the whole calendar system that Persona is known for.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
If they actually do retcon Akechi's more horrible actions, I can see a redemption ark going over decently well. It would feel kinda cheap though.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Unless something massive changes in my life there is almost zero chance I can play this on PS4.

Can I play a 20 hour one? Probably, but it would take forever. 30? Forever. 15? Quite some time. 100? LOL fuck no. Kingdom Hearts was one of my most anticipated games in decades. I've only been able to put in about 15 hours since release and the bulk of those hours came before my new work arrangement.

This isn't hyperbole, it's my reality. Have you had a baby in your life? I've seen threads and am a part of groups where a lot of new dads said Switch has single handedly saved their gaming hobby. I'm not an irresponsible parent. I can't cage them up for hours on end so I can be tethered to a television.

I have a 15 mo. old and a 3 year old at home. I also work a lot. Having time to game(and motivation to when you get free time) became a lot more rare, but even with both I found I could squeeze out 7-10 hours a week. One of the keys is trying to line up their nap times lol. Switch has supposedly given a lot of people more time, but for me it's only made a marginal difference. If either of my kids see me playing with something, they're grabbing at it non-stop, so I stopped even pulling it out unless they were eating.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Long playtime as critism is so strange.
I've always been under the impression that it came from people trying to rush through the game because they weren't enjoying it and wanted it to be over already. I was in no hurry to finish, and considering how late the original added Haru to the group, I wouldn't have objected to it being longer. I was even thinking of doing NG+ as a refresher ahead of Atlus pushing P5 more, but would admittedly have more incentive if P5R let save data carry over in some capacity (but given how much I've already done and the fact that the rest of us aren't getting it until 2020 anyway, I'm not necessarily ruling out just going for the Platinum for vanilla P5 while I wait).
Human Morgana is way too pretty. Kinda weird.
Seems in line with human Teddie in that regard, so not much of a surprise.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bought P5 on sale for $20, started it but didnt finish it, many things came up.

Then I heard about P5S, if that is not a switch port, I will just beat what I have on ps4. Don't think i would wait for P5R on 2020, maybe if it was this year. But it think i will just beat what I have.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands

Are your kids awake 24/7? I work more than 40 hours a week and i have 3 kids and do sport 3 times a week and i have enough time to play on my 3 consoles after doing my stuff in house and putting the kids to bed. And i have two kids who are 6 years old and 1 kid 7 years old. Seems to me you need time management.