• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't have that much of a problem with Persona 5 pacing if there was some sort of portable version I can play but alas there isn't

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
So guys...new dates?

I need new date locations with Futaba. In fact, update every Social Link's hang out options!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What if P5S ends up being the FeMC game. It'd be dumb (but financially smart) to have a gender-swapped game be a separate release from P5R, where Joker and the new girl to switch places and roles.

yeah thats my far out weirdo prediction right now

it'd be absolutely crazy but atlus are also bugfuck nuts

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know your life at all, but you even said it yourself that you can't play a 100+ hour game on the PS4. Can you play a 20 hour one? 30? 15? Any PS4 game?
I'm certainly am not going to defend p5's pacing and length but do you think the hyperbole is true to the point where you have zero chances to play it on PS4?
If so, that's insane
What's the point of playing a game like this if you don't finish it?

J.Devesh

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hopefully they take this opportunity to remove anything homophobic or otherwise insulting to LGBTQ individuals. They won't, though. Too ingrained into Atlus' DNA, I suppose.
I have so low trust in ATLUS that I'm expecting that in Persona 6 we will see a LGBTQ main antagonist that is depicted as "bad" only for its sexual orientation.

Gosh, I almost dropped the series after Persona 5, that I did not finished after the awful representation of gay mens in the game (depicted as sexual harassers and obsessed with teenagers)

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They made her super sexy in thief mode

Like all the girls?

Makoto and Futaba have skin tight suits
Ann has a latex suit with zippers everywhere and having her boobs show a bit
Haru is the only that isn't that sexualized - except that her boobs grow a lot with her metaverse outfit

I would love more classy thief outfits.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My personal wishlist -
  • Delay the final part of the game to around February in-game. Honestly I think they'll be massively overhauling it, given one of the screenshots shows Joker present during a New Year's celebration.
  • Same-gender romance, it's about time and I really hope Atlus USA brought it up with them. Kinda hoping the director changed, too, and we get the excision of the gay stereotypes.
  • Speaking of Atlus USA, re-do most all of the dialogue with more thought and care. If we ain't getting it till 2020, at least put in that extra effort.
  • Make the Hawaii trip more fun, like the P4G vacations.
  • Introduce Haru earlier, even if she doesn't join the party for a while.
  • Be able to go out at night time.
  • Make school less oppressive post-Kamoshida, the new confidant will at least give us more of a reason to stick around.
  • Redeem Akechi but do it right. I'm a sucker for redemption arcs, so long as they retcon enough of his absolute monstrous moments, which they probably will.

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Port-begging and Ignoring Staff Post
I'll definitely play, but I want to do it on my Switch, not PS4 :(

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All I want to know is if they're removing the problematic elements from the game, such as the homophobia. If they do, then I'll pick it up as I never got far into the original release and my interest completely depleted to continue it after finding out about those scenes being in the game.
I wouldn't expect that stuff to be remove. That's just me tho.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the first thing I thought of when I saw the guy was
"He's gonna go full Adachi, isn't he?"
Yeah, he also reminds me a bit of this fucker.

shuji-ikutsuki-8447.jpg

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Portbegging over multiple posts
I don't know your life at all, but you even said it yourself that you can't play a 100+ hour game on the PS4. Can you play a 20 hour one? 30? 15? Any PS4 game?
I'm certainly am not going to defend p5's pacing and length but do you think the hyperbole is true to the point where you have zero chances to play it on PS4?

Unless something massive changes in my life there is almost zero chance I can play this on PS4.

Can I play a 20 hour one? Probably, but it would take forever. 30? Forever. 15? Quite some time. 100? LOL fuck no. Kingdom Hearts was one of my most anticipated games in decades. I've only been able to put in about 15 hours since release and the bulk of those hours came before my new work arrangement.

This isn't hyperbole, it's my reality. Have you had a baby in your life? I've seen threads and am a part of groups where a lot of new dads said Switch has single handedly saved their gaming hobby. I'm not an irresponsible parent. I can't cage them up for hours on end so I can be tethered to a television.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
It's unlikely to do with pricing, and more likely the fact that the changes are too significant to patch into the standard game that was released years ago at this point, which probably didn't have any hooks for any DLC to latch onto anyway. If they'd planned it from the start (as in, before the Japanese release), maybe it would've been possible, but you can't easily retrofit DLC into a game that wasn't prepared for it.
I think the most we're gonna get is loading a P5 clear save for social stats (maybe), NG+ confidant items (doubtful), and persona compendium (super doubtful).

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we have pictures of Joker chilling on Jan 1st already means the story is getting reworked. We don't know the degree obviously, but that's a pretty huge plot point that's getting changed.

While P4G is pretty much the same game as far as timing goes for the most part.

ah true, i forgot why he was incommunicado for jan-march lol.

what was with that bit at the beginning - when joker snapped back into a frozen reality out of the interogation room? Shit. Now i'm super fucking curious

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
What if P5S ends up being the FeMC game. It'd be dumb (but financially smart) to have a gender-swapped game be a separate release from P5R, where Joker and the new girl to switch places and roles.
Because the main characters are switched they'll call it... Persona 5 Switch!

Only on PS4

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I've been meaning to replay 5, I beat 3 a few times and 4.... several times, but never got back around to 5. I'll definitely pick this up sometime next year... maybe with a PS5?

Also, her thief art...

sweating.gif

Oct 27, 2017
OP says it's an expanded rerelease but also a new game?

I don't understand is it:

A: The original game with some new content sprinkled throughout but the same story overall?

Or

B: A whole new story that's different from the events of the original?

If it's A idk if I will play it. I loved P5 but it was 30 hours too long and needs substantial QOL improvements. Would be great if they let you import your P5 save file and let you skip certain things. I'd rather play new content only.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, some part of me wonders what the heck is going on with the intentional similarities in both her civilian and phantom thief guise.

If I didn't know Atlus at all, I'd almost (not really) posit the theory that she was either meant to be a FemC and they scrapped it, and/or we're getting Kojima/Raiden shenanigans.

More realistically, she's been 'molded' into being similar to Joker, for some reason or other.

Ah, that actually makes sense. She takes the lead when the MC is out for plot reasons late game? Lines up with the 3rd semester content.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
What's the point of playing a game like this if you don't finish it?
But they will finish it, just not within the hypothetical shortest amount of time.
The logic of this game being too long so I can't finish it is confusing to me really
Like, as long as you want to do something, you can do it, it's just going to be a longer while

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Man, I'm not a fan of Atlus pulling a Teddie again if they're turning Morgana human. Leave him be as a cute cat.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop looking at the screenshots and gifs. It looks SO good.

Chances of me learning Japanese and importing the game from Japan before the game launches?

let me put it this way: i put 60 hours into the original japanese release before giving up three years ago, and i'm only just now barely confident i could play this one, and only because i've learned how to study better since then

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
OP says it's an expanded rerelease but also a new game?

I don't understand is it:

A: The original game with some new content sprinkled throughout but the same story overall?

Or

B: A whole new story that's different from the events of the original?

If it's A idk if I will play it. I loved P5 but it was 30 hours too long and needs substantial QOL improvements. Would be great if they let you import your P5 save file and let you skip certain things. I'd rather play new content only.
It's A

I say new game in the sense that this won't be DLC for the base game, you have to buy a new copy

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
All I want to know is if they're removing the problematic elements from the game, such as the homophobia. If they do, then I'll pick it up as I never got far into the original release and my interest completely depleted to continue it after finding out about those scenes being in the game.
I thought Persona 4 was the one with homophobic scenes, I don't remember anything happening in 5, so what happens?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Like all the girls?

Makoto and Futaba have skin tight suits
Ann has a latex suit with zippers everywhere and having her boobs show a bit
Haru is the only that isn't that sexualized - except that her boobs grow a lot with her metaverse outfit

I would love more classy thief outfits.
Yes but its even more obvious here, she looks like she is going to some kind of bdsm club with that leather swimsuit o.O

The others could go to a random halloween party 🎃

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
her design SCREAMS alternate protagonist to me, or even just heavily based on FemC. I'm really surprised.
Exactly! It's so weird that she isn't, though I don't mind and I'm not surprised given the initial teaser already informing us that she's a first year who's against the Phantom Thieves. I hope the similarities between their Metaverse outfits will be addressed in the game.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
so i bought persona 5 a while ago and didnt play it, should i buy and play this instead or play both?

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they rework the palaces to make them more like heists. More unlocking shortcuts, creating and securing routes for your future infiltration, less easy safe rooms for easy fast travel that remove all sense of tension.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Unless something massive changes in my life there is almost zero chance I can play this on PS4.

Can I play a 20 hour one? Probably, but it would take forever. 30? Forever. 15? Quite some time. 100? LOL fuck no. Kingdom Hearts was one of my most anticipated games in decades. I've only been able to put in about 15 hours since release and the bulk of those hours came before my new work arrangement.

This isn't hyperbole, it's my reality. Have you had a baby in your life? I've seen threads and am a part of groups where a lot of new dads said Switch has single handedly saved their gaming hobby. I'm not an irresponsible parent. I can't cage them up for hours on end so I can be tethered to a television.
But this isn't a thread for this. There are moderator threadmarks that explicitly say no port begging/moaning.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
My personal wishlist -
  • Delay the final part of the game to around February in-game. Honestly I think they'll be massively overhauling it, given one of the screenshots shows Joker present during a New Year's celebration.
  • Same-gender romance, it's about time and I really hope Atlus USA brought it up with them. Kinda hoping the director changed, too, and we get the excision of the gay stereotypes.
  • Speaking of Atlus USA, re-do most all of the dialogue with more thought and care. If we ain't getting it till 2020, at least put in that extra effort.
  • Make the Hawaii trip more fun, like the P4G vacations.
  • Introduce Haru earlier, even if she doesn't join the party for a while.
  • Be able to go out at night time.
  • Make school less oppressive post-Kamoshida, the new confidant will at least give us more of a reason to stick around.
  • Redeem Akechi. I'm a sucker for redemption arcs, so long as they retcon enough of his absolute monstrous moments, which they probably will.

I think part of the reason some people have a problem with the length of P5 is simply because the pacing makes no sense. So much plot is back-loaded at the expense of Haru's character development and then it just randomly skips 3 months. If this game spaces out the events better it may actually feel shorter (because more stuff would be happening sooner) rather than feeling like you are treading water until the last part of the game.

And yes, with regards to your spoiler I hope that happens too.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this a re-release or new game?
Also weird timing considering the new consoles next fall...
It's like P4 Golden, so a re-release with new content.

And the timing doesn't matter when the new machines are backwards compatible. Plus Atlus has never been one to jump head first onto the new platforms; Persona 5 was announced as a PS3 game back in 2013, which was closer to PS4's release than we are to PS5's right now. It was only when PS4 exploded in popularity that they announced the PS4 version on top of it, but I can't see that happening this time due to BC.