• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I've been ready to finally start Persona 5 soon. It's a little intimidating jumping into a potentially 100+ hour JRPG.
At this point, should I just wait for this?

Most probably.
If they can even a dress half the criticism of the original release this'll be the version to get unless the new content turns out trash

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Hyped I completed it when it first released here in the states. I would love to play it again in 4k with the subtle hopefully improved changes.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone mentioned that now we know where Joker's grappling hook in Smash came from?
dJD8Dxd.jpg

It's also featured prominently in the Atlus vanity plate at the beginning.
tDl6hSO.jpg

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with this game is that it's just too fucking long. I recently spent 100 hours playing this thing, and I don't see anything in this trailer that makes me want to bump that number to 200.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is what i'd like to see as well. Since it is the same platform. But Atlus has never been that friendly with pricing.
Honestly, how would that work, though? I'm just wondering if it's possible from the logistic side of things.

Then again, does the new content justify a $60 price tag? I'm pretty sure it's literally the base game with the extra stuff added on top which is quite substantial.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Her design looks so very very similar to Joker, both the normal clothes and the phantom clothes.

the jacket and the gloves and even the mask scream protagonist though

Yeah, some part of me wonders what the heck is going on with the intentional similarities in both her civilian and phantom thief guise.

If I didn't know Atlus at all, I'd almost (not really) posit the theory that she was either meant to be a FemC and they scrapped it, and/or we're getting Kojima/Raiden shenanigans.

More realistically, she's been 'molded' into being similar to Joker, for some reason or other.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Joker has a grappling hook. Nice. Are they gonna add an Akechi redemption arc and make him permanent?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New girl's metaverse outfit totally makes her look like a female Joker. She looks like a nice addition, but I had rather seen a FeMC...

Oh well. I do hope they fix the pace at which especially Haru and now this girl will be introduced and join the team.

And yeah, not looking forward to seeing Akechi receiving yet more focus. I mean, it is inevitable he will, isn't it?

2020 is still a while away, but at that point it will be about three years since I played the original version. So I think that is actually a nice release date. I just hope it won't be Holiday 2020...

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Pro support, new content but also the same base game. I'd replay this. The game will look pretty in 4k and with better AA.

Yep, owing to the nature of the game, I don't even care about an optional 60 FPS mode here. Native 4K/30 with all the brand new content and just revisiting P5 next year would be amazing.

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
I bought P5 day 1 (physical) and just never got around to playing it. I also bought it digitally when it was super cheap...I guess I might as well wait til 2020 to play this....and actually, you know, play it this time. xD

Since this is an expanded version of P5, I'm assuming a single playthrough is expected to be in the 100-120 hour range at least?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I still don't understand... is P5 with a lot more stuff, of a "remade" P5 ?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Honestly, how would that work, though? I'm just wondering if it's possible from the logistic side of things.

Then again, does the new content justify a $60 price tag? I'm pretty sure it's literally the base game with the extra stuff added on top which is quite substantial.

Would probably needt to be a full-overhaul patch/download to the OG game. Similar to something like SFV: Arcade Edition, but in this case you only get it through owning the DLC.

But the issue there would be no new trophy list (At least no new platinum, since it would just be a DLC trophy list).

I only know of one game that ever had a separate list for a retail release and also a DLC one since it could be added as DLC for another title (Tomb Raider Anniversary)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
All I want to know is if they're removing the problematic elements from the game, such as the homophobia. If they do, then I'll pick it up as I never got far into the original release and my interest completely depleted to continue it after finding out about those scenes being in the game.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
You don't know my life. Since having the baby I have barely been able to boot up my PS4. I can find time here and there on my switch. Yes I suppose I could dedicate a fucking year and a half to play it on PS4 if I wanted to. Or I could play like 3-4 games on Switch during that time.
I don't know your life at all, but you even said it yourself that you can't play a 100+ hour game on the PS4. Can you play a 20 hour one? 30? 15? Any PS4 game?
I'm certainly am not going to defend p5's pacing and length but do you think the hyperbole is true to the point where you have zero chances to play it on PS4?
If so, that's insane

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
what if that's the switch version

that could mean anything. P4G was heavily changed to shoehorn marie in but nothing really changed that much fundamentally

The fact that we have pictures of Joker chilling on Jan 1st already means the story is getting reworked. We don't know the degree obviously, but that's a pretty huge plot point that's getting changed.

While P4G is pretty much the same game as far as timing goes for the most part.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
Dope. I'm curious what S is then. I'm willing to double dip on R, the core Persona gameplay is so good.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Portbegging and Ignoring Staff Post
Are we certain tomorrow is the Switch version launch?

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is what i'd like to see as well. Since it is the same platform. But Atlus has never been that friendly with pricing.

It's unlikely to do with pricing, and more likely the fact that the changes are too significant to patch into the standard game that was released years ago at this point, which probably didn't have any hooks for any DLC to latch onto anyway. If they'd planned it from the start (as in, before the Japanese release), maybe it would've been possible, but you can't easily retrofit DLC into a game that wasn't prepared for it.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer gives me the impression that the story might be significantly different as well. I don't think it's just going to be Persona 5 with new stuff grafted to it but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'll definitely buy it if they give the west dual audio again

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Portbegging over multiple posts, history of ignoring staff posts

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol @ there not being a dlc option. They can fuck right off with that. I'll just watch the new stuff on YouTube when its finally out

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's unlikely to do with pricing, and more likely the fact that the changes are too significant to patch into the standard game that was released years ago at this point, which probably didn't have any hooks for any DLC to latch onto anyway. If they'd planned it from the start (as in, before the Japanese release), maybe it would've been possible, but you can't easily retrofit DLC into a game that wasn't prepared for it.
Those hooks can be add via a patch