• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Given that Joker was released for Smash, I'm kind of blown away that this isn't coming to Switch.

Like, I thought that it was the most obviously telegraphed thing in the universe.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Goddammit there's literally zero chance I can play this unless it releases on the Switch. Can't play a 100+ hour game on PS4 anymore now with a baby...
The baby emits anti PS4 waves that cause it explode on contact
You can play a game, just can't devote as much time as you want to it
This hyperbole in this thread is insane

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yo she got a rose on her hip (her bodysuit is clearly based off rhythm gymnastics)

the jacket and the gloves and even the mask scream protagonist though

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I can't stop looking at the screenshots and gifs. It looks SO good.

Chances of me learning Japanese and importing the game from Japan before the game launches?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i would buy this if it was reasonably priced dlc

Sheer greed from Atlus as usual

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yoo what the fuck

I just clocked, Joker has a grappling hook in this game now

Sakurai the madman was teasing it in our faces the entire time

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
I last played this back in 2016, I guess it's been long enough that I can go through this again.

I hope they streamline the phone chats though. Cutscenes and dungeons were whatever to me but those phone conversations? Good lord.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've been ready to finally start Persona 5 soon. It's a little intimidating jumping into a potentially 100+ hour JRPG.
At this point, should I just wait for this?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The uk website lists a pegi 18 rating ? Original was 16 wasn't it
Yup

91CUzUDMMbL._SL1500_.jpg

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not playing persona on launch anymore. These games are too long to be playing twice and this looks way better than the first launch.

Same. Should have learned after P3 and P4 but I'll be patient next time, really can't do another 100+ hour playthrough as it's hard enough for me to get around to stuff I haven't already played yet. Thankfully all the new bits will go up on youtube.

Disappointed there's no feMC, though. :(

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The baby emits anti PS4 waves that cause it explode on contact
You can play a game, just can't devote as much time as you want to it
This hyperbole in this thread is insane

You don't know my life. Since having the baby I have barely been able to boot up my PS4. I can find time here and there on my switch. Yes I suppose I could dedicate a fucking year and a half to play it on PS4 if I wanted to. Or I could play like 3-4 games on Switch during that time.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I'm really hyped and will probably double dip on this, buuuuut...
Isn't the very beginning of the Japanese trailer a huge potential spoil for people who haven't played P5 yet?
Even if the story ends up being different in P5R, I'm not sure that was a good choice.

Also, if they reveal tomorrow that P5S is "only" P5 coming to Switch, do we all agree that it would be incredibly dumb and make no sense to "only" bring the base game on Switch rather than P5R which is obviously upgraded and more complete?
I mean that would be cool for Switch owners who haven't played it yet, but now P5R has been showed... I don't know :/

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
IMO the pacing issues was mainly due to too much downtime w/ nothing happening. New events and new confidants solves that. It will probably be peppered throughout the early parts as well...so this idea that you have to play to the end to get the new content feels a bit premature.

plus also, if you didn't enjoy your first time through...then skip this. Not sure were the angst is even coming from really. I think one of the lowkey flaws of P5 was that the cast didn't get much screentime like P4 cast did. Arcs ended and then were either relegated to social links, didn't happen at all, or worse regressed. This should be able to fix that; we might even see a glimpse of that w/ Ann at the counselor dude.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
So basically P5 Golden with Pro support... I think I might double dip although I found the original to be a bit too long and repetitive.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 does have shitty pacing. It's a goddamn slog.
It's great in spite of that.
Hopefully P5R addresses that concern.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they streamlined a lot of the stuff that made the game way too long, made it so we can do things rather than Morgana telling us to go to sleep all of the damn time, made male SLs datable bc it's 2019 what the heck Atlus, expanded on Haru, and they let us carry over our save file from P5.

That would be my ultimate P5 experience.

QuadOpto

Nov 7, 2017
If I remember correctly, P3FES had an option that allowed you to load original P3 Data from a memory card to carry over stats & stuff. Obviously, this couldn't be done for P4G considering the change in platform, but maybe they'll try bringing that back now that this is a re-release utilizing the same memory format again.

Hope people don't go in thinking they can directly import their save progress though. Going by what's been revealed so far, they've obviously changed up a large portion of events throughout the story, It honestly wouldn't even make sense.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
I am not doing p5 dungeons twice. I will skip it. Had it been portable and with smaller dungeons i would have made a thought but as It Is now i will Just wait p6.

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Port-begging and Ignoring Staff Post
Wonder why Joker was invited at Smash since it doesn't seem a Switch release is expected.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yo she got a rose on her hip (her bodysuit is clearly based off rhythm gymnastics)

the jacket and the gloves and even the mask scream protagonist though
What if P5S ends up being the FeMC game. It'd be dumb (but financially smart) to have a gender-swapped game be a separate release from P5R, where Joker and the new girl to switch places and roles.