• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Before watching the trailer: Eh. Love the game but not sure I want to play it again for some new content.

After watching the trailer: Where do I pre-order? Hype!!!

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
By the way, after P4G, Radiant Story, Devil Survivor 2 and Strange Journey, it's getting ridiculous that the plot of all the expanded versions of Atlus is "New mysterious waifu appears".

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
look if you've got 150 spare hours to sit in front of a TV screen, that's great, but everyone I know is furious that game is getting longer and not portable to boot. it's practically unplayable to a lot of people.
Are they going to die within a week or something of release?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
As we expected, the western version of the game will be called "Persona 5 Royal"

L6KCUPq.png

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm legit disappointed this is just a re-release with new content. Instead of just releasing DLC for the game on PS4.
It's going to be hard to justify replaying this again on PS4. A shame Atlus is willing to let Joker appear in Smash but is too idiotic to put persona 5 on Switch. ugh.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
fuck yes my dude, really sweet response to legitimate criticism

It's not legit though. The series has always really been a console one, not a handheld one. It's odd somewhat that the first re-release of the game won't be on a handheld, though this one seems to be made for the PS4, something P5 wasn't.

More content but not on your platform of choice is more platform begging than criticism.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
The original took me 130 hours to finish, no way I'll play the whole thing again.

But it's a good thing for people who never play it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I hope there's a way to just buy the new content if you already own the original game. Expanded rereleases like this don't make much sense in the era of DLC.

depends if they're aiming worldwide or just milking japan as always. japan loves paying for stuff over and over again

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Hopefully they take this opportunity to remove anything homophobic or otherwise insulting to LGBTQ individuals. They won't, though. Too ingrained into Atlus' DNA, I suppose.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Wait a minute, it's unplayable because it's longer and not portable? Damn, there's so many unplayable video games out there then. Witcher 3, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Monster Hunter World, the list of "unplayable" games is endless!

None of those games come close to Persona 5's length, especially if you just want to experience the main story.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So new character, new doctor confidante. Human Morgana? More mini-games. More events? The original game was already 100 hours to finish. If they have a dlc version for those that already own it. Don't really want to double dip for just new content.

Blackquill

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed there are no DLC but hey that's Atlus for you

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I think they can make the game feel faster by trimming the Kamoshida arc to the first 5 hours. There's no reason why you have to go there 4+ times. Have Ryuji and Ann awaken on the same day.

And let the MC explore at night from Day 1.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll end up having the energy to replay this entire game just for the new content. Hopefully that might change closer to release.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
As much as I ADORE P5 and Futaba, I'm not happy about essentially having to buy the entire game again for this content. I wish there were a bloody DLC option to "upgrade" to the expanded version. orz

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, what was even the point of having Joker on Smash? Is the game coming on any form to the platform? Kinda disappointed this is PS4 exclusive.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get how people took 100 hours when I was able to beat the game (including all possible side quests) in less than 70 hours

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
So this is the news for this month or is there gonna be more tomorrow? I need to have the fighting game lmao I want it real!

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
A quick comparison:

Old:

dims

New:
royal3_sec3_item1_ss_059adf75a4583c492bb4125cc718a29a.jpg

Looks like a few textures have been updated (the Shibuya "Centoral" Street flags) and maybe the lighting has been improved, though the former image is overcast which could explain the less defined shadows.

Looks even closer to the real thing. Just add 1000 more high schoolers :P

Does the Royal mean anything in the game's context?

It's what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Japan. They use the metric system so no pounds.

Jk. Quarter Pounder got impeached last year.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm on 110 half way through a new game+. No idea why this game takes people so long.
It took me about 100 hours to complete my first playthrough, and that's with completing all side content I could while completing most of the compendium. Adding 50 hours on top of that is a great exaggeration.
You realize powering through the game at a faster pace than normal doesn't change the fact that for a lot of players it was a 100+ hour game. Add to that a bunch more cutscenes, two or so dungeons, new content (and let's face it Atlus isn't going to cut anything). 150 is definitely going to be the upper end for some players.

Wait a minute, it's unplayable because it's longer and not portable? Damn, there's so many unplayable video games out there then. Witcher 3, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Monster Hunter World, the list of "unplayable" games is endless!
ah yes, games with 20 hour main stories, false equivalences are great. the criticism is that a game with length issues has just been made longer. you knew exactly what I meant.

It's not legit though. The series has always really been a console one, not a handheld one. It's odd somewhat that the first re-release of the game won't be on a handheld, though this one seems to be made for the PS4, something P5 wasn't.
the game being too long/poorly paced is 100% legit criticism.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I think they can make the game feel faster by trimming the Kamoshida arc to the first 5 hours. There's no reason why you have to go there 4+ times. Have Ryuji and Ann awaken on the same day.

And let the MC explore at night from Day 1.

They also just need to tighten the fuck out of the whole 'attributes' system. The point where I just wanted to continue Makoto's social link but couldn't because Joker hadn't had the right amount of baths was just annoying.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care that she's not a new main character. Her Phantom Thief design is pretty solid.

Man, I want to know how many more hours of content this will add. I did want this to be a plus re-release after all. I'll likely get it, but I just need to be sure it's actually much more content over the original as the trailer would obviously be stuffed with new things.