• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you want Persona 5: The Royal to be?

• Standalone scenario like Torna

Votes: 388 24.7%
  • Expanded re-release + new scenario

Votes: 729 46.4%
  • FeMC route like P3P

Votes: 455 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017

Okay so we are now on the letter S so I guess talking about a Switch connection for P5R is kinda wrong huh?

We are going to need a catch all thread for the Live Concerts so we do not annoy too many people who feel trying to solve these puzzles and the rumors talk is 'port begging'

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
User Banned (1 day): System warring and antagonizing other members; ignoring mod post
That's the author speculating and not part of the 5chan "leak".

True, but I can't seem to find the original leak. I only found two sites back in December who stated MysticDistance mentioned a Switch version based off sources, not a data mine.
There is no absolutely no way this is released as DLC for Persona 5.

Also, people refer to this leak, but it never talked about a P5R on Switch.

The only thing I found was Nintendo Life/Nintendo Soup making articles based off what MysticDistance leaked, so nothing changed.

Well there it is

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I hope that this is an announcement of a playable female protagonist. Mostly cause I know a few woman that have been dying for another Persona game that let's them play as a girl again.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious in P3P femc could have a romance with Aigis, i wonder if they will add a lesbian romance in this one too.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you think this thread is bad, the Gematsu comment section is a straight dumpster fire.
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/persona-5-the-royal-announced-for-ps4

Sal, I absolutely love your site, but this is really something.
tbf it is getting kinda annoying at this point. It may come to switch in the future as some other version and I would love that possibility, but people constantly bringing up the Switch when they've been rather clear it's coming to PS4 only so far just comes across as port begging. There's even people in this very thread by default assuming this is coming to switch when nothing would remotely imply that as fact.

On topic, if this is Persona 5's "The Answer" like it seems to be, then this is everything I could ask for and more. So hyped for this, just too bad we have to wait another month to hear more on it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I found was Nintendo Life/Nintendo Soup making articles based off what MysticDistance leaked, so nothing changed.
Those leaks haven't been substantiated. They weren't back when P5R was teased in December. They haven't been now. The only leaks that have had substance is the 5channel leak, and the Smash datamines.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Those leaks haven't been substantiated. They weren't back when P5R was teased in December. They haven't been now. The only leaks that have had substance is the 5channel leak, and the Smash datamines.
The leak stated P5R comes out in 2019, right?

Honestly, I could see that. Especially if we get a big blowout at Super Live.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here is my theory, this is a standalone game. It takes place in an alternate universe with a couple of differences - Shiho's suicide is sucessful and Ann and the others ultimately decide to kill Kamoshida. This leads to a more extreme version of the Phantom Theives who are willing to kill. Akechi in response decides find other Persona users in order to combat the Phantom Theives including FMC as well as Sae Nijima. All the persons in the game are inspired by the Royal Flush Deck hence the title. It is basically SMT 4 Apocalypse to SMT4

I actually really want this now. Or maybe set after the bad ending where
Joker takes over Tokyo.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's a FemC and not just an additional female character.

The Jane leak and her uniform, as well as the last line she says points at FemC, but the way she speaks about the phantom thieves initially and the fact she's a first year may mean she's a seperate character...

Come on Atlus, give us what we want.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's a FemC and not just an additional female character.

The Jane leak and her uniform, as well as the last line she says points at FemC, but the way she speaks about the phantom thieves initially and the fact she's a first year may mean she's a seperate character...

Come on Atlus, give us what we want.

Her uniform says she's not FeMC since she's a first year.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
OP should add a poll of what people want or expect this to be.

1) Standalone like Torna
2) Kinda-standalone like The Answer
3) FeMC route like P3P
4) Oh No Please Not Like Marie in The Golden

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So this is not FeMC? She fits right in with thr smash leak. Or maybe thr Smash leak proves that she has a persona very similar to Arsene and fights like Joker but is not necesarilly a FeMC.

Oct 25, 2017
Predictions:
The Royal is an Apocalypse style alternative story, taking place concurrently with Persona 5 (has to be due to Akechi's presence), maybe extending past the end of the game too.

Scrunchie is the protagonist. The Royal will be somewhat experimental for Persona, having her as a fully voiced protagonist (based on her having lines in the trailer). Presence in Smash, and being an alt of Joker meaning she likely has a similar starting Persona/skills, and her design would support being a protagonist.

It could be an action game, based on previous job listings, and in the vein of being experimental for a new development team.

There will be at least one other announcement on the second day of Super Live.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then he can post in the thread himself.

But he also isn't an insider, because a broken clock can be right twice a day.
There is most likely a reason why he's isn't. Last time he was "wrong" (even it being small) people straight up attacked him in the thread and over on Twitter. He wouldn't want a repeat of it over some prediction by users doing the same as you.

He has a good track record and got one thing slightly wrong. People apparently can't let it go. Let him get his say on twitter without salt from the past.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
If it's like a Persona 4: Golden situation, then sweet. I'm excited and will get it for sure.

If it's a standalone game or something similar then my hype levels are maxed.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Akechi is dead no matter the ending

This is going to feel wierd replying in spoiler tags after quoting a tagged spoiler, but whatever...

Who's to say Akechi is 100% confirmed dead? Why do you think they had his "death" shown off-screen with nothing but the implied sound of a gun-shot? I'm sure Atlus know by now how popular a character he is in the fanbase. One way or another, they'll bring him back...regardless of whether or not it makes narrative sense.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I imagine it'll come out sooner rather than later, and definitely before next gen hits, but I also imagine there'll be a PS5 remaster released fairly early into the PS5's life cycle.
I'm just spitballing, and trying to avoid talk of a possible Switch version. It makes me winder if Sony would want P5 the Royal to be a headliner for the PS5?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There will be at least one other announcement on the second day of Super Live.
Probably ArcSys' game, I can't really imagine what else they've got in store for us.

Also remember the original P5R trailer with the heavy emphasis on "New Projects"? I was originally under the assumption that P5R was meant to be this big multimedia project comprising of animes, games etc but that was probably just a tease for Super Live. I'm wondering though, whatelse do they have to show us? We already got Q2 and the Dancing games. All that's really left is the fighting game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True, but it wasn't stuff like "I don't like the Phantom Thieves." Its so weird because Smash points to this being FemC but her dialogue and design doesnt....its interesting to say the least.

What I want is her to become a new rival to the Phantom Thieves instead of just another Marie.
How do we no she's no lying and it's supposed to throw us off. If she's talking to Akechi there's reason to lie.

I also don't see how her design doesn't point to her being FeMC. It's not like the P3 heroes are identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.