• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you want Persona 5: The Royal to be?

• Standalone scenario like Torna

Votes: 388 24.7%
  • Expanded re-release + new scenario

Votes: 729 46.4%
  • FeMC route like P3P

Votes: 455 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, it has nothing to do with "unique version for Switch". One of the leaks from December specifically mentions April 24th, before Atlus released the teaser back in January. Anyone who is hoping for the Switch/PS4 version has to wait until then. The Switch version is more than likely still a lock.

Note that the leak mentioned in this topic

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sm...ms-persona-5r-erdrick-for-switch-leak.100918/

never actually said that P5R would be a Switch game. People just assumed because it wouldn't make much sense to "market" a game for a competing console.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Bold prediction

Persona 5 The Royal doesn't actually feature the main campaign in the package, it'll be a Torna-styled stand-alone title, hence why it's PS4 only.

P5S will be the game that features the main campaign + The Royal, which will be released on all consoles. They can call it, I dunno, Persona 5 The Suite? Or something else that sounds fancy.

I would love a stand alone expansion.

Deleted member 1607

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao it's always a repeating cycle
Nah, it has nothing to do with "unique version for Switch". One of the leaks from December specifically mentions April 24th, before Atlus released the teaser back in January. Anyone who is hoping for the Switch/PS4 version has to wait until then. The Switch version is more than likely still a lock.

People are just deducing the info we have (what has been officially announced, what has been rumoured, what has been datamined in Smash, the trademarks that have been registered) to come up with the most likeliest theories. People don't "want" Persona 5 R to be PS4 exclusive and Persona 5 S to be Switch exclusive, it's just one possible assertment that can be made.

There are plenty of examples in this thread and all the older threads with "hopes" and "wishes" that PS4 is just DLC and the Switch gets the complete version.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure, show me the actual receipts instead of "insiders" and rumors. There absolutely is nothing concrete pointing to Switch release at this time, with the exception of Joker appearing in Smash, which itself doesn't confirm anything, just that Joker appears on Smash. Sure, I'd love to be wrong in this, but at this time, just buy a ps4 and enjoy it there.
You're still trying to imply people are trying to will this into existance which is just incorrect. You just choose to ignore the rumours from reliable insiders, the trademark Persona 5 S which is a very common added name for Switch versions in Japan, and now we also have this female character who lines up perfectly with the datamined Joker alt in Smash. But she'll be exclusive to an upcoming PS4 game and Nintendo will help market a PS4 exclusive game?

In anyway, we'll know in almost exactly a month.

There are plenty of examples in this thread and all the older threads with "hopes" and "wishes" that PS4 is just DLC and the Switch gets the complete version.

I've not seen any but if there are any in this thread I advice you report the individual posts to a mod.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Here is my theory, this is a standalone game. It takes place in an alternate universe with a couple of differences - Shiho's suicide is sucessful and Ann and the others ultimately decide to kill Kamoshida. This leads to a more extreme version of the Phantom Theives who are willing to kill. Akechi in response decides find other Persona users in order to combat the Phantom Theives including FMC as well as Sae Nijima. All the persons in the game are inspired by the Royal Flush Deck hence the title. It is basically SMT 4 Apocalypse to SMT4
They dont need to kill, mind hacking is already fucked up as it is xD i like this being addressed

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full final theory stealing the ideas of other peeps in this thread.

- Persona 5 "The Royal" is a standalone story rpg like Persona 3 The Answer was, taking place in parallel with the base story. Cheaper price. DLC for the base game.
- Persona 5 S is "The Suite", a compilation of P5 + The Royal for full price on PS4/NSW.
- Persona 5 B is "The Battle", follow-up to Persona 4 Arena and made by ArcSys again.
- Persona 5 M is "The Mobile", a persona gacha or whatever something like that.

Everything revealed in a month. The P5 milking train is at full speed.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe Persona 5 just won't come to Switch and people need to accept the very likely possibility and just, move on and look forward to the next SMT.

I mean, why can't people just play it on PS4, you can already remote play to play it on the go through iOS, PC, Mac or xperia devices, it's just installing another console in your living room after all.
it has been hinted towards too much, and it makes too much sense. at this point it just seems like some people are offended by the speculation, only because the game will lose its exclusivity and no other reason.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if this will be cross-gen depending on when the game will come out. Like a PS5 version of the game and of course a PS4 version of the game. My heart skipped a beat at Gamestop as they had Persona 5 mentioned as coming to Xbox one instead of coming to the PS3.

logash

Oct 27, 2017

- Persona 5 "The Royal" is a standalone story rpg like Persona 3 The Answer was, taking place in parallel with the base story. Cheaper price. DLC for the base game.
- Persona 5 S is "The Suite", a compilation of P5 + The Royal for full price on PS4/NSW.
- Persona 5 B is "The Battle", follow-up to Persona 4 Arena and made by ArcSys again.

Sounds like the ideal situation for everyone.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think this is the best prediction that can be made with current info. Nice summary.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Sure, show me the actual receipts instead of "insiders" and rumors. There absolutely is nothing concrete pointing to Switch release at this time, with the exception of Joker appearing in Smash, which itself doesn't confirm anything, just that Joker appears on Smash. Sure, I'd love to be wrong in this, but at this time, just buy a ps4 and enjoy it there.

There's nothing concrete that states "PS4 only", otherwise the game would have been fully revealed already. Instead, it was just a teaser for PS4, because it's the leading platform, just like how Dark Souls Remastered got announced in a Direct first.

Super Live commercial is up

God, the music is so damn good. If I had a Switch, I'd get this game for that, but I'll wait to get it on my Pro when PS5R releases.

Interesting! Does this kill dreams of Persona 5 on Switch?

No, it doesn't. One of the original rumors mentioned April 24th with "multiple game announcements".

Yas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Arctic Circle, Finland
There's a Switch version coming out, or else everyone mentioning Switch would have gotten a warning by now. Just because you can't accept Switch owners (who's userbase has been growing exponentially since the system launched) getting a chance to play Persona, doesn't mean they shouldn't be given a chance to play it on their own console.

Uhm, nobody wants to play Persona on a phone. They want to play it on a portable gaming device like the Switch. Not everybody have time to game on a PS4.
Struck a nerve did I? And phones are portable gaming devices these days, just as much as Switch is. For closure, I have a Switch and I enjoy it very much, but then again, I can always play the games on PS4 as well on the go, it's just another console after all, and I've remoteplayed P5 on Vita plenty.

I think you need to grow up and accept the possibility that there might not be a Switch version and stop yelling accusations against everyone who thinks otherwise.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm really hoping this isn't an SMTIV/SMTIV:A situation, make it DLC for people who already own P5.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: System warring and antagonizing other members
Struck a nerve did I? And phones are portable gaming devices these days, just as much as Switch is. For closure, I have a Switch and I enjoy it very much, but then again, I can always play the games on PS4 as well on the go, it's just another console after all, and I've remoteplayed P5 on Vita plenty.

I think you need to grow up and accept the possibility that there might not be a Switch version and stop yelling accusations against everyone who thinks otherwise.
I'll agree someone in this conversation needs to grow up! Maybe the one who ignores everything being replied to and keeps implying people are just dreamfully portbegging.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017

P5U would be the new Arena game, which is also what the original Granblue Versus/Smash leak said.

Deleted member 2618

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally not in the boat that thinks this is FeMC, but Joker had a lot of dialogue in the promo material that was not actually part of the game. This could easily be the same.
True, but it wasn't stuff like "I don't like the Phantom Thieves." Its so weird because Smash points to this being FemC but her dialogue and design doesnt....its interesting to say the least.

What I want is her to become a new rival to the Phantom Thieves instead of just another Marie.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Not sure that we all forgot, we were warned in the other there about the Personal Live Concert being the time and place.
Atlus just had to drop this confusing teaser but it changes nothing about the Live Concert being the time and place.

Sorry, I didn't mean everybody. I meant the minority who refuses to believe there's a Switch version keep missing the point that everyone has to wait until the Live Concert for a full reveal.

I could see this happening.

I wonder if this will be cross-gen depending on when the game will come out. Like a PS5 version of the game and of course a PS4 version of the game. My heart skipped a beat at Gamestop as they had Persona 5 mentioned as coming to Xbox one instead of coming to the PS3.

I doubt it since the PS5 will most likely be BC.

Or take the high road? Tired of reading these types of things in threads. Someone needs to stop the cycle lol.

And what would taking the high road be?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this isn't just some small tweaks for a second playthrough of 5. Pass if so.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be called Persona 5 The Ultimax though? If announced at Super Live.
Persona 5 Arena? This is how the naming convention goes:

1. Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena = Persona 4 Arena = P4U
2. Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold = Persona 4 Arena Ultimax = P4U2

People tend to think the series is called "Ultimax." I'm not sure why.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
And what would taking the high road be?
Ignore them because you will never convince them that they are wrong. This person who you have been having this back and forth with has not admitted it and he never will. Waste of your time replying and he's wasting his time replying to you cause he isn't convincing you either.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Persona 5 Arena? This is how the naming convention goes:

1. Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena = Persona 4 Arena = P4U
2. Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold = Persona 4 Arena Ultimax = P4U2

People tend to think the series is called "Ultimax." I'm not sure why.
Ah, yeah. Right. Thanks for that.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was hoping for more info than that.

Surprised so many seem to think she's a new feMC. My first thought was "Of course... another waifu. Just what was needed." lol

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

I imagine it'll come out sooner rather than later, and definitely before next gen hits, but I also imagine there'll be a PS5 remaster released fairly early into the PS5's life cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.