• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is weird. Has it turned into some kind of meme I'm not aware of to call this a musou game?

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Welp... I was gonna try and wait for it to be discounted to around half price, but I went ahead and pre-ordered it on Steam. I wanna support Atlus bringing stuff to PC, since that's where I'll be going forward.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp... I was gonna try and wait for it to be discounted to around half price, but I went ahead and pre-ordered it on Steam. I wanna support Atlus bringing stuff to PC, since that's where I'll be going forward.

If you are willing to wait a bit, Altus games usually go on sale quick, around a month after a realize

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is weird. Has it turned into some kind of meme I'm not aware of to call this a musou game?

Idk what you expected given the developers and trailers

Like yes, it's nice that people are clearing up the misconception, but it didn't start because of memes lol

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Idk what you expected given the developers and trailers

Like yes, it's nice that people are clearing up the misconception, but it didn't start because of memes lol

Yeah I just mean that so many people are being so persistent even in the face of tons of comments saying it isn't one, it feels like it's evolved into a meme lol

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You know what, fuck it. I'm getting this for the Switch.

Need to let Atlus know that we want P5 (and P6) on the Switch. Fucking, let's go!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I have the exact same issue. Maybe I enjoy photo mode too much or general exploration and looking at details, but my playtimes tend to be about double as well. So... like you 30 is plenty, if not a bit higher than I would want ;p

Don't even get me started on Photo Mode... XD XD That adds at least another dozen or more hours to the 2x it takes me to complete a game. lol. Photo mode is hands down one of my most favorite additions to console gaming this past generation, and I'm so glad it's basically a standard feature these days. Ugh, I spend way too much time in photo mode. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of my PS5 SSD is countless photos I took in photo mode lol

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I can't decide if I want to buy this for PS or PC. On one hard buying it on PC will give Atlus more of a reason for more Persona ports, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure my GPU is dying.)

Both may technically be an option for me depending on my current budget.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Anime News Network review

Overall: B-

The single largest disappointment is in the hybrid between Persona 5 and Warriors combat. It's a neat idea that feels similar to the approach of Final Fantasy VII Remake, where players have to attack in real-time while peppering enemy shadows with super-effective skills. However, the actual execution of these mechanics is wildly unbalanced. There are no cooldowns between skills, and each time you use a super-effective skill, it stuns any enemy, including bosses. Therefore, there seems to be little motivation to do anything but repeatedly spam skills to stun-lock any boss in the game.

Add in the fact that the ingredients for Joker's Kitchen, a new mechanic that lets you create SP-restoring items, are incredibly abundant, and you can beat almost every boss without ever taking a single hit. Ingredients are stocked and frequently restocked at both the local supermarket and Sophia's shop, so the only difficulty left in Persona 5 Strikers is dependent on the restrictions you place upon yourself.

Basically, they liked the story & new music, but felt the gameplay was severely flawed.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up my deluxe key from gamebillet, got the key instantly to my surprise and quickly redeemed. Roll on the 19th

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to get this on PC just show Sega/Atlus that we need more ports.

We have the P5 sequel and not the freaking original!

Sad the Switch version is a mess though.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Last edited: