• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It's to the point that i'd even say that if you're buying this game for a musou, you'd probably be disappointed whereas it's a more than competent Persona 5 sequel (while never reaching the same highs).

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any videos with general preformance/quality of Switch vs PS4/PS5? I would prefer to get this on Switch, but if it's a significant framerate jump (like sub 30 to solid 60 on PS5), then i'd get it on PS5

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
... Then go play etrian odyssey?

The persona q games weren't inspired by persona 1/2 at all, they're Etrian Odyssey games with a persona skin. That's where the Q in the title comes from (only makes sense in the Japanese), but I'm guessing you already know this.

PQ still has mechanics that are exclusive to Persona such as...you know...Personas.
But Eternal Punishment is the only game with adult characters. That's 1/6 mainline games.
Yeah...and what's stopping them from making that 2/7?

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
83-84 is great, will judge the game once I get it/play it. Hope the story is cool.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
I wasn't sure about it till I played the Japanese demo. Compared to age of calamity, this is hardly musou game other than large groups of enemies nothing else is similar. I was shocked at how great it looks and plays on switch and definitely convinced me a port of P5 would totally be possible.

Unfortunately I never finished P5, and I recently bought P5R so going into Strikers I'd be more up to date but there's no way I'll finish it in time. Anyone know how much of P5 gets spoiled by Strikers?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
That's the same score I was expecting Persona 5 Royal to get after reading the import thread.
tenor.gif

I_understood_that_reference.gif

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I'm very impressed with the reviews despite its shortcomings as a full sequel to P5. I'm looking forward to jumping back in with these beloved characters, despite the clear omission of Yoshizawa.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
You can dress it up all you want but it's still very clearly a mousou game. Like, you can't argue against that lol.

The way I view it is. If I knew nothing about persona, but as a fan of musou games still got this one, would I be disapointed? Answer is , yes. Just like I was very disappointed in Dragon Quest Heroes.

Sure, musou doesn't have to be completely rigid in it's structure, that'd be awful. But there's a limit until it becomes something else. Dragon Quest Heroes pushed beyond that limit to me, and Strikers pushes WAY WAY farther.
It's not a musou despite having similar combat for the same reason GTA V is not a forza style racing game despite having driving mechanics.

According to some of you, Musou might as well be a meaninguless genre. Since apaprently it has no identifiable features. You can literally remove BASICALLY ALL of THEM and it's still somehow musou

This game has no battlefileds
No army vs army
no base capturing
no strategy elements of any kind
no large roster of characters

At this point I don't even know what a musou is to you people.. is it just [][]/\ combos? CUz there are musous without those... are those not musous?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are reviews I'd expect for a musou game.

I'll check out in the future, still need to play Royal.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
The way I view it is. If I knew nothing about persona, but as a fan of musou games still got this one, would I be disapointed? Answer is , yes. Just like I was very disappointed in Dragon Quest Heroes.

Sure, musou doesn't have to be completely rigid in it's structure, that'd be awful. But there's a limit until it becomes something else. Dragon Quest Heroes pushed beyond that limit to me, and Strikers pushes WAY WAY farther.
It's not a musou despite having similar combat for the same reason GTA V is not a forza style racing game despite having driving mechanics.

According to some of you, Musou might as well be a meaninguless genre. Since apaprently it has no identifiable features. You can literally remove BASICALLY ALL of THEM and it's still somehow musou

This game has no battlefileds
No army vs army
no base capturing
no strategy elements of any kind
no large roster of characters

At this point I don't even know what a musou is to you people.. is it just [][]/\ combos? CUz there are musous without those... are those not musous?

How about Musou-lite? Musouvania? Musoulsborne?

Daeoc

Oct 27, 2017
MA
Oh, I didn't know it was an actual sequel, story-wise. It looks much better than your typical musou(which I hate), going to wishlist it and maybe play it if/when P5R comes to PC.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In comparison P5S doesn't have the typical Musou missions except for some sidequests and even there it's not really Musou where as DQH and AoC still have a lot of that. P5S is more an action RPG as you said. It's what would have happened if they took P5 to that direction and stopped turn based combat.

By a chance have you played the Raidou Kuzunoha games? Those are the only action-rpg Megaten, the first title was a bit meh combat-wise but the second was much, much better, but still with many areas to improve. I really hope Strikers be better than those games, because if it's then I should be very excited

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Weird characterization in this thread that the review scores are disappointing? They look pretty good to me.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So what are they saying about length?

And how does getting new Personas work in this game? Does it still have fusion as well?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Oh, I didn't know it was an actual sequel, story-wise. It looks much better than your typical musou(which I hate), going to wishlist it and maybe play it if/when P5R comes to PC.
Well if you played the vanilla version of P5 on console you're all set for this one since Strikers doesn't reference any of the additional content from Royal at all.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any word on music audio compression on Switch? I can live with 30fps / long load times / compressed voice acting, BUT I cannot live with such an amazing soundtrack being compressed.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
If striker ignores all the extra content and its a sequel...

Personally bet on strikers being non Canon before I'd question royal tbh.

This is persona though, so everything is Canon. Even Q is Canon and that is a lot more suspect than strikers with royal.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Kind of crazy that P5 is not on Switch. This is a direct sequel to 5, right?

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I have played through Persona 5, currently playing through Royal, and...
I am completely lost as to what the heck this game is. So they made a sequel to the game except more Actioney combat? Should I regard this as a spin-off I can ignore or a must-play?

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I have totally slept on this casting it off as musou genre I'm not interested in.

Having watched the videos now, oh my do I need this. Didn't know it was a proper p5 sequel and the combat looks ace!

Deleted member 25834

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, I want the Switch version because it's portable and is hooked up to my TV. But the load times appear to be maddening.

PC it is then ...

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm going Ys IX over this for now and coming back to Strikers at a later date.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My only theory is they are saving it for some reason. It absolutely must have been pitched at one point and I think it's inevitable (and has the potential to be the best musou of all time)

I'd argue it'd be way easier than a fighting game, too.

I'd love it.

I sorta think the recent success with P5S and Hyrule Warriors (heck, in addition to SE's own Dragon Questing foray) I'd actually be willing to bet they'd make this in the next 5 years.