• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which version are you picking up?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 711 52.4%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 232 17.1%
  • PC

Votes: 359 26.4%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 86 6.3%

• Total voters

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Can you play as Futaba in this? I keep seeing sites say that she's not playable but every site (including the OT) lists her with the rest of the playable characters.

Admittedly I think this might be how she was listed for the original games too.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I might get the deluxe edition seeing as it's only £10 more, for the music more than the early access, really suprised to see wiping all out in there

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Can you play as Futaba in this? I keep seeing sites say that she's not playable but every site (including the OT) lists her with the rest of the playable characters.

Admittedly I think this might be how she was listed for the original games too.

There's moments in the dungeons where she has to hack a door. During these moments you have to protect her from waves of enemies (this is the closest the game comes to being close to a musou) so you can equip her to improve her survivability.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I legit thought this was a soccer game within the Persona 5 universe until I listened to the guys explain during the Giant Beastcast. Now I am actually interested in this, lol.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
There's moments in the dungeons where she has to hack a door. During these moments you have to protect her from waves of enemies (this is the closest the game comes to being close to a musou) so you can equip her to improve her survivability.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. At least now there's a reason to equip stuff to her.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish they just had it come out tomorrow for everyone instead of on a Tuesday when I'm barely gonna get the chance to play it before work.

Least the save data bonus this time is much cooler compared to P5R's.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea they were doing the early release thingy

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Ooof that UK price is eye watering. I want this game but I'm going to have to wait for it to drop to normal video game price levels.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Which platform? What price?

I'm asking because there's "deals" about atm
There's deals? It's £55 on PS4 in the UK which I'm not going to pay.

It's £55 on both PS4 and PC, not sure what's eye watering about that unless you think it's not deserving to be a full price game for whatever reason
I'm comparing it to the £40 that I usually pay for Switch games. Don't buy a lot of stuff new on PS4 so £55 is striking me as high. I remember when a new game was £30.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
had no idea this had an early release.

Just preordered on Steam

Gonna play this at the same time as finishing Royale (only in August haha)

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition on Fanatical for PC when I could get it for 23% off.

Excited to spend some more time with the Phantom Thieves after playing both the original and Royal versions of P5. (And play as Makoto).

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping Shopto might dispatch today and I can play this weekend!
Edit: They dispatched it!

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise this had an early access thing. Is it worth €10 extra to play this all weekend 🤔

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Been back and forth on this. Loved and beat vanilla P5 but typically dislike musous. Think I'll preorder deluxe this morning since I get a three day weekend off from work.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Been back and forth on this. Loved and beat vanilla P5 but typically dislike musous. Think I'll preorder deluxe this morning since I get a three day weekend off from work.
It's not actually very musou-like at all except for how combos work. You'll be running through dungeons and initiating combat with shadows the same way as in P5, then you just get short action encounters with a group of enemies rather than a turn based battle. There's no base capturing or endlessly mowing down hordes of enemies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
OT should add the question of "So is this a Musou? I'm hearing it is & isn't"

I do wonder, though, if this'll lead to having Persona Warriors by having a crossover of 3/4/5 or just do a giant Shin Musogami Tensei crossover.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
If I knew the deluxe edition had early access I probably would've paid for it like a sucker

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Preordered a physical standard edition copy of the game. Guess I'll have to wait until the 23rd.

I'll dodge spoilers until then.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's not actually very musou-like at all except for how combos work. You'll be running through dungeons and initiating combat with shadows the same way as in P5, then you just get short action encounters with a group of enemies rather than a turn based battle. There's no base capturing or endlessly mowing down hordes of enemies.

Welp that tipped me over the edge and I'll give it a shot! Glad they went that route since they seem to be pretty dug-in on the idea that this is a proper sequel to P5.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding the Switch version pretty rough visually. Outlines on character models are super aliased, and it gets really noticeable when you're surrounded by a crowd of enemies with white outlines that could slice your eyeballs (especially on my 4K TV). Checking out PS5 footage, it still seems to be present, but not to the same degree. Honestly thinking of grabbing a PS4 copy too.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know how the digital soundtrack works? I'm hoping it's an actual MP3 download and not some sort of app or other limited thing.

Otherwise, I'll be waiting for the actual release on Tues, but otherwise excited to get started with this one.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
It's too bad the bonus on Switch is tied to Smash Bros of all things (though I get why). Welp. Got the Deluxe on pre-order either way, can't wait to jump into some Phantom Thieves action again!

NightMystic

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on pre-load timing for the Steam version? Feels odd that it isn't available since the digital deluxe version releases tomorrow.