• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully P3 and P5:Royal aren't far behind.
I've been itching to revisit 3 for a while, but can't be arsed to dust off the PS3 (if it even works anymore). And it'd be really weird to release the sequel to Royal on PC without having Royal on PC.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Finally!!!

I still have Age of Calamity pending, too much musou in the next months, haha.

I was planning to get the Switch version instead of PS4, to give support to Persona outside of Playstation. Does the Switch version run well?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Definitely getting it on Steam, then. Better performance and I'll let Atlus know they should release more stuff there with my money.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome that the PC version is day 1 but putting the game on these systems before P5 doesn't make sense.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Will be playing this on PS5. Hopefully there's some enhancements than playing on Pro.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Finally!!!

I still have Age of Calamity pending, too much musou in the next months, haha.

I was planning to get the Switch version instead of PS4, to give support to Persona outside of Playstation. Does the Switch version run well?
Probably 30fps, vs 60 on PlayStation?

Going for PS4/5 version.

...Also still waiting for P5 Royal at 60fps.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this Steam release is the start of a big push for Atlus PC releases.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Steam day 1??!!?!! Let's goooooooo!

Are there bonuses for playing on PlayStation with Persona 5 save files? If not or if small then I'll probably play PC.

You and me both.
If you played Smash on Switch or P5 (either classic or royal) on ps4 you got a sound pack that let you use Last Surprise and Take Over as battle themes. But thats it I think.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this Steam release is the start of a big push for Atlus PC releases.
Same. Would be nice to have the other games come and new releases day and date.
Royal on PC would make me soooo happy.
If you played Smash on Switch or P5 (either classic or royal) on ps4 you got a sound pack that let you use Last Surprise and Take Over as battle themes. But thats it I think.
I think it unlocks certain songs from the previous games
PC Day 1 it is!

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Steam day 1??!!?!! Let's goooooooo!

Are there bonuses for playing on PlayStation with Persona 5 save files? If not or if small then I'll probably play PC.

You and me both.

If you have a Persona 5/P5: Royal save file on your PS4/PS5 (or a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate save file on your Switch), you'll be able to use Last Surprise and Take Over as in-game battle themes.

I'm unaware of any other goodies that you can unlock, but it's there for those who've stick around.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
And it took only 368 days for the game to leave Japan. Bravo Atlus. The game is ok but there have been better Musou spin-offs. 6.something/10

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The PC release is very likely on KT, just like the Switch version. The only decision Atlus probably made was not saying "No" to KT doing these versions.
That all Atlus needs to say. I don't care if they still hate PC.
Other more sane people realise its worth porting stuff there.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly unexpected, but still cool to have confirmation, especially for Steam.
I'm sure it's a good game, I am getting it. But I also have been asking for Persona musou for awhile, and now whenever I'd do that, people that don't understand the difference between that and this will just keep pointing at this game and I'd have to clarify that I want "A big fanservice action game with characters from different persona games" instead.
I getcha.

...Though thinking about that makes me imagine a Shin Megami Tensei Musou spinoff game, maybe based off Nocturne or just in general, where your character choices are primarily the demons themselves and having direct control over them.

And just think of that: it being demon vs demon everywhere, with Musou style combat and objectives would definitely fit the apocalyptic/end of the world nature of those games, stories that pretty much revolve around war between God and Lucifer and different factions of Demons/humans with their own goals and stuff and who will actually get to reshape the world in what way, the pieces are all there for it.

I'm not really even that big of an SMT/Musou fan, but just thinking about something like that still sounds pretty cool, so in any case I definitely get where you're coming from.

Last edited:

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
So should you even play this on PC if you didnt play Persona 5 or will this have spoilers for the main game?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That release sure took its sweet time, yeah I'll probably go for the PC version as well.
I hope there is no P5R content in this, because I skipped that re-release after getting my Platinum in P5. Didn't feel like spending another 100 hours to get to the new stuff, haha.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That release sure took its sweet time, yeah I'll probably go for the PC version as well.
I hope there is no P5R content in this, because I skipped that re-release after getting my Platinum in P5. Didn't feel like spending another 100 hours to get to the new stuff, haha.
This game was developed alongside P5R, so there are no references to its additions.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought it would end up on PC when it was announced in the west but nice to see it confirmed

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If framerate is important to you, for the love of God do not buy this on the switch. If portability is important, know that's what you're getting over visual/performance. I guess I'm getting this day 1 on steam.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Poor Geoff, this was probably a TGA announcement.

Day 1 on PS5.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks great and awesome is coming to steam. That music is so good. Now they need to port persona 5 to pc.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The game is a Dynasty Warriors clone with extra bits. Source: I played it. There is a Japanese demo if you have a Switch or PS4. Look up a tutorial on how to download it and you will start the download in under 5 minutes even if you never used an Asian shop before.
It's not a real sequel. It's another story with the same cast that happens 3 months after PS5 during the summer. Nothing of consequence happens. P5R´s expanded ending kinda sets up the game but P5S itself only refers back to the regular P5 for the most part. The new P5R palace should be mentioned in like a sentence but that plot has no effect on anything. Who knows if the other spin-offs were brought up as this is the 3rd P5 spin-off. Nothing happens in those either of course.
Keep your expectations in check or you will have a bad time. The game highly relies on reused assets btw and the soundtrack is a clear step down from the one in P5(R) as Shoji Meguro didn´t come back.

Edit: It's not a DLC trap so there is that and you don´t have to have played P5 to get the game. This is by design as 2 of the 3 platforms didn´t get the original and one of the 2 platforms that released the original won´t get P5S. Remember you all. P5 is a PS3 port.

Last edited:

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is what? A sequel? Switch doesn't even have the first game lol
Thats never stopped a nintendo product from getting a game without a previous main entry. Examples being any time kingdom hearts touched a nintendo product or mass effect 3 on wii-u.