• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah, it's just a matter of time. I guess it's taking a while because Atlus West has a lot of ongoing projects at the same time.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i understand times are tough but man a Financial report? I would ask why Atlus can't just say something but this is Atlus so what am i to expect

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was already confirmed. Doesn't it even have a different name in the west vs Japan?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
We know. Nintendo already let it slip in their IR with the western title (Persona 5 Strikers) and that was later backed up by copyrights. We just need to know when but I'd bet on November.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I just wish this was a worldwide release, the game definitely has western appeal, I don't see why they wouldn't put everything together before.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
One day Atlus will consider the possibility of simultaneously localising their games alongside development instead of making people in the West wait up to a year, y'know like other developers do. Persona isn't in the little leagues any more.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Why does everything always take ages to get localized with Atlus T-T
I'm too biased because of Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Omega Force swings a Steam port for the western launch too. It'd make some sense.

If it were anyone but Atlus I'd suggest Xbox too really.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
One day Atlus will consider the possibility of simultaneously localising their games alongside development instead of making people in the West wait up to a year, y'know like other developers do. Persona isn't in the little leagues any more.
you say that yet that's what is supposed to be happening with SMT5

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
They are doing that with SMTV
Iknow, pigs have literally started flying.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I was always under the assumption of March-April 2021 release. Would give it a nice year gap between royals western release.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
They are doing that with SMTV
Iknow, pigs have literally started flying.
Can't say I was aware of that since I'm not particularly interested in mainline SMT, could it be due to Nintendo having a larger role in development and publishing though? Both Persona 4 Arena games were fully localised and released only a few months apart due to Arcsys.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
date would be nice
oh and some proper antialiasing too, i shouldn't haven't to see blatant stair stepping in 2020

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
It's already been half a year since I downloaded the Japanese demo... I really enjoyed it and I'm excited for the full release.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
The fact that Atlus has been so coy about this has been incredibly frustrating. Covid delaying things is fine but we all knew this was coming so why does Atlus have to leave us in the dark. As if they're going to decide against localising this.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was just wondering yesterday where this localization was. It seemed an eerily long time to wait to say anything about it. IIRC one of the longest waits between Japanese release to localization announcement was SMTIV Apocalypse releasing in Japan about two months before it's localization was announced.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Well duh. If fucking Arslan came to the west there's no reason this wouldn't. It's just being published and devloped by two companies notorious for being slow as hell in moving stuff over.

I'd guess later this year for release. Can't think of any big coming out from Lori Tecmo then.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Between this, 13 Sentinels, Yakuza 7, SMT3 HD, SMT5, Persona 5 Royal & Sakura Wars both of which just came out a couple of months back and who knows what else in the works secretly, I'd say Atlus USA are pretty busy right now. It's a very busy year for them actually considering the size of those games and they're offering EFIGS localization for some of those games. I can wait.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Waited so long that i'm going to play it on PS5 BC instead of Switch now

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
I mean, why wouldn't it? They localized P5 Dancing and just released the anime with a dub. They wouldn't just suddenly skip the sequel.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Well well.

I figured as much that all port duties would be on KT. Likely has been taking a minute due to COVID and working localization with Sega/Atlus.
Wonder if it'll get a PC/Xbox versions added with the western release. That's not a portbeg as that has been the MO with recent sega-related titles (VC4, Yakuza 7, Monkey Ball, etc).