• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I was already in for this because Hyrule Warriors was so good and I love Persona 5.
I was just blown away by that trailer though, really looking forward to this as much as Royal now

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This might be sacrilege to admit but a Persona game with action gameplay is something I'm way more interested in than an RPG and this so far looks to deliver on that in a big way. Yeah it's a Musou but then actual Persona gameplay was never that deep either.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who's making this? Doesn't Tecmo Koei have some patent they can only make these kind of games?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's up with Joker's red mask in that one scene.
Untitled-1.png

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now more hyped for this than Royal, which I never expected. It seems like a much fresher game if you've already played vanilla P5.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Ffs Atlus are gonna make me buy a musou for the 1st time in my life aren't they? Hope it's 60fps on Switch and also let there not by a fancy SE when it comes to the west. Don't think I'm ready.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
When I first saw the thread title, I was like "Meh, Persona 5 Scramble"...and then, seeing the reactions in this thread I gave the trailer a try and...WHAT THE H*** ?! This looks way more ambitious and exciting than what I thought

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is about as close it can get to make me want to buy a Musou game. Still, this could have been a ARPG.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Hah, this looks actually more to my liking than P5R does. Nice! Looking forward to its western release.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, this looks like an action rpg. Finally, Persona is playable!

And only a couple weeks after GB Versus, nice February releases.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
As I said when this was originally announced and everyone was upset about Scramble not being Persona 5 Switch, I'm way more excited about the idea of a new Persona 5 game than I am to be putting another 100+ hours into P5 proper/royal.

This trailer just cemented that thought.

Oct 30, 2017
yeah this looks great. not sure i can wait for western release so will prob pick up switch JP version in the meantime and double-dip on PS4 if it is indeed good.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As I said when this was originally announced and everyone was upset about Scramble not being Persona 5 Switch, I'm way more excited about the idea of a new Persona 5 game than I am to be putting another 100+ hours into P5 proper/royal.

This trailer just cemented that thought.
Gotta admit though, will suck for Switch only users, since they'll have no idea what went on before this game. They could remedy that by doing some kind of recap of P5 like Trails of Cold Steel III did with the story of the first 2 games.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Joker's 2D grappling platforming action is the spinoff I really need.

But axing fools with Haru is good to, this looks way better than expected and I like musou!

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
When they start showing the logos (Around 0:25) , you can see that the walls have differents colors.
Red (P5), Blue (P3), Yellow (P4) and...purple?
So congratulations Persona fans. Your wish has been granted.

You get to play as Zen and Ren from Persona Q.

The worst part is that I can see this totally happening

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
oh wow, this looks amazing and very different from what I expected. Looking forward to a western release

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Man this looks amazing. I'm going to assume this will run 30fps in handheld and has 60fps mode in docked similar to FE.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
Looks great! When does this game take place in relation to the story of P5? Can you play this game even if you haven't finished P5?
I got blocked on the second palace in P5 (the boss was too hard for me) but I'd like to play Scramble.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Gotta admit though, will suck for Switch only users, since they'll have no idea what went on before this game. They could remedy that by doing some kind of recap of P5 like Trails of Cold Steel III did with the story of the first 2 games.
Don't know if it's any good but there's always the anime for P5. Could use that to get caught up.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of regret selling my Switch now. I blame Atlus for not announcing the release date for SMT V. Guess I'll play this on PS5 instead.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
This is the sequel I wish Royal was.

I'm assuming Akechi and Kasumi are just dead/don't matter. And of course OC girl is there, Sho's long lost alien robot sister.