• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be buying this?

• Yes!

Votes: 873 31.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1,528 55.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 355 12.9%

• Total voters

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
Come on Atlus, give us a fighting game, not this Hyrule Warriors clone. No one wants a game to keep fighting wave of fodders.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, the Switch is owed P5 because it would sell gangbusters and Persona is a series best played on a handheld by virtue of its structure and repetition.

With Vita dead there is no other avenue for portable P5 outside mobile. Plus, don't you want mainline entries from all the biggest JRPG franchises on a handheld?
The Switch is not owed anything

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how this game will have a rather small cast unless it has characters from other Persona games as well it would be disappointing if this is your standard musou instead of something with a bit more depth to the combat

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but if the developers which are the ones who will work with the engine and tackle with the HD development, it's not really a proof.
I mean, you said they don't have HD experience because all their HD games were made by P-Studio, but TMS is a big HD game made in-house by the team that did the DS Devil Survivor games. So yeah, they have people. SMTV isn't their first HD game.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Atlus don't do E3. If Nintendo are somehow more involved than usual than maybe, but I doubt it. Atlus USA is doing the localization.

They did announce the game at a Nintendo event.

However, that event was a Japanese event. So, who knows?
I hope we see it at E3. A year plus without anything to show is kid of ridiculous the unless the game is coming along really slow.

Oct 27, 2017
This moment is so delicious I think I'm going to need the recipe.

PalatableFixedBoto-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I hope we see it at E3. A year plus without anything to show is kid of ridiculous the unless the game is coming along really slow.
That's coming at earliest 2020 and with high chances to be a 2021 release. It's not at E3 at all. No idea when they'll ever talk about it again, but considering they decided to promote a musou instead of it in Smash, probably don't expect it anytime soon.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I don't think SMT V is something Atlus particularly cares about anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they're entirely hands-off on marketing and leave it to Nintendo.

That said, the people complaining that this isn't a P5 port are embarrassing.

Other words begin with the letter "S" besides Switch.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah that was the exception rather than the rule. They still only revealed that it was called SMTV at their own event though. The announcement at the Switch conference was a "this is super early and we just have some demon models, but it's coming!"

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
No-one would have cared if Atlus released a shitty persona musou game with a sub-72 metacritic on switch if not for the stuff surrounding it

Joker in smash was a colossal fuck up by Nintendo, the rumours and best buy leak didn't help. Nintendo and Atlus being cagey made things worse.

My hope is that the game bombs on switch, and that's the end of these spinoffs on the switch. There'll be plenty of other third parties who can fill the void

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think SMT V is something Atlus particularly cares about anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they're entirely hands-off on marketing and leave it to Nintendo.

Other words begin with the letter "S".
Atlus cares very much about one of their most ambitious, upcoming titles. That makes little sense. SMTV will be their biggest game in terms of scope and resources next to Persona 5 and Project Re Fantasy.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

They absolutely care about SMTV, just Persona has the marketing spotlight right now. They'll talk up SMTV more when it's time.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Persona 5 Salt

But you're right. The Royal is exactly the game that Switch fans were expecting— and that's PS4 exclusive. This isn't Pokémon. You were setting yourself up for disappointment thinking that P5S was going to be Royal but just on Switch.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Not buying joker dlc or this. Im not interested in the characters until i dont play the real game atlus, and im not buying a ps4 for only P5.

Its a pity because i wanted some persona 4 melodies in smash.
Oh well, maybe they release it in a few years, maybe even on pc (probably not).
Good way on closing the markets.

And i would say the same if i was a ps4 owner and wanted to play smt games.
Ridiculous how they fragment their own audience.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that you were never owed P5 on Switch in the first place and the Smash guys can put whoever they want into their game.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah that was the exception rather than the rule. They still only revealed that it was called SMTV at their own event though. The announcement at the Switch conference was a "this is super early and we just have some demon models, but it's coming!"

Oh I remember, there was doubt whether it was even SMT V and if it was even a Switch exclusive.
"Shin Megami Tensei: Brand New Title" or whatever it was called

Note - Just cause I'm saying I want it to be at E3 doesn't mean I think it's 2019. It's obviously not. Nintendo shows off more than just games for the current year. They started last year's E3 with Daemon X Machina and that doesn't even have a firm release date yet and it's almost a full year later

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lol so it actually is a musou then? Funny how that was just something someone just randomly threw out there in the Direct speculation thread and it ended up being correct.

I don't really care much for Dynasty Warriors, but when it's musou games based on IP I'm a fan of like Fire Emblem or One Piece I'm usually into them, so I'll be grabbing this one for sure.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
I like musou games so I'll probably check this out but if this is the only Persona Switch game they had planned then I've been bamboozled again.

Deleted member 47318

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Hadn't expected a Switch port, especially without any direct hints at one, but this is admittedly still a disappointing outcome.

It's potentially gonna make for an even worse online reaction when SMTV does eventually make it over instead. Fun times ahead.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I would love it if all 5 Smash DLCs are characters from series that you'll never see the main games on XD

The salt will sustain me for years to come.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do the Musou games have multiple teams working on them, or is it all on one?

Or to put it another way, because we have Persona Musou, does it mean that we aren't getting another Nintendo collab in the near future?

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
No-one would have cared if Atlus released a shitty persona musou game with a sub-72 metacritic on switch if not for the stuff surrounding it

Joker in smash was a colossal fuck up by Nintendo, the rumours and best buy leak didn't help. Nintendo and Atlus being cagey made things worse.

My hope is that the game bombs on switch, and that's the end of these spinoffs on the switch. There'll be plenty of other third parties who can fill the void

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

Get a grip.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Hopefully this plays more like Hyrule Warriors and less like Fire Emblem Warriors.

Goddamn this is some entitlement

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Do the Musou games have multiple teams working on them, or is it all on one?

Or to put it another way, because we have Persona Musou, does it mean that we aren't getting another Nintendo collab in the near future?

There are always like 3 in development. But I doubt we see another Nintendo musou for a while.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely loved Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors, honestly I need more licensed Warriors games so bring it on!
I would love it if all 5 Smash DLCs are characters from series that you'll never see the main games on XD

The salt will sustain me for years to come.
Dragon Quest's Eldrick is the next one so too bad.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

This is some serious salt, man. Just pick up a cheap PS3 and get all that negative energy out of your system.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

You forgot the [/s] at the end

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Would be interested in a core Persona game for the Switch. Not really into Musuo so this ain't for me.

C'mon, Nintendo puts Joker in Smash and you can't even port his core game over? Fuck off with that.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

I've never read someone wishing a game bombs on the console they pledge alliance. That's a new one