• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be buying this?

• Yes!

Votes: 873 31.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1,528 55.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 355 12.9%

• Total voters

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I think I'm less salty about it not being a port of P5, since I wasn't really expecting it after the stuff Jason said. I'm much more salty about how it's a Musou game instead of some other kind of spinoff, because Musou games are so bland. They're like water crackers, which are incredibly bland on their own and need something else to make them even somewhat appealing (in the case of Musou games, they need to be paired with an existing license for the sake of fanservice). Would have been much happier if the kind of spinoff they went with was something that would have been actually appealing.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I think you don't understand how deals work, both companies should benefit. Joker is not selling fighter pass for smash. Nintendo gets nothing from this deal apart from this crappy game. Deals work like we put joker in smash giving you free marketing (as our game is massively more popular) and that helps subsidise the cost of porting the game.

THE BENEFIT IS THAT NINTENDO PUTS A POPULAR CHARACTER FROM A POPULAR IP AND SELLS IT TO PEOPLE

Smash isn't marketing for other games. I'm not sure how some people don't get this. Are you upset at the lack of Castlevania games on Switch too? Was that a bad deal on Nintendo's part?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, maybe Persona 5 on Switch is being worked on in house or something. Maybe they're tackling Royal on the PS4 first, then developing for Switch down the road.

Don't do this to yourself. It's not happening. There's no real point hoping for a port or convincing yourself there's still a chance, 'cause there ain't. We're still getting SMT5 and give Atlus another two years and it should be ready for release. I'm sure that'll turn out to be a bigger deal than a port of Persona 5 anyway.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish people would get a clue already and stop believing the 'insiders' who claimed S=Switch. The amount of Switch/Nintendo insiders who have had bullshit information is astounding and people fall for it every. single. time. Stop it, there is no reason to believe anything these people say, even if they do get something right every now and then. It doesn't make them insiders it makes them good at guessing/predicting a lot of which is generally obvious in the first place.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Not sold on it, but this is the side dish before the main course?

They're just delaying the inevitable at this point.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
It'd be a shame if the roster was limited to just P5 characters. Then again, do I want to spend $4 extra to play as Yu or Kanji? 🤔

Damn, now I just want a Musou that pulls from the entire Persona series. Ultimax Akihiko punching Shadows to death sounds pretty good. Hell, they may even be tempted to throw in Persona 1 and 2 characters.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
That means that Nintendo is bad at negotiating, getting a Musou is basically getting nothing. It's one more musou on the list of the games of that genre the Switch has, another one that has DQH, HW, FEW, name whatever you want..

Remember the whole FFVII situation at PSX? I can compare it to that.
which means the musou audience is there.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more interested in this than a P5 re-release. The Warriors games are usually good mindless fun.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It'd be a shame if the roster was limited to just P5 characters. Then again, do I want to spend $4 extra to play as Yu or Kanji? 🤔

Damn, now I just want a Musou that pulls from the entire Persona series. Ultimax Akihiko punching Shadows to death sounds pretty good. Hell, they may even be tempted to throw in Persona 1 and 2 characters.
Hoping for characters from all the Persona series.

Also hoping for remixes of all the past Persona songs.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
People in this every topic, Hell, on this goddamn page are "lol low effort warriors title." The fact that it's Musou has something to do with it.

There would not even be an outcry like this if say, Persona 5 Arena or something was announced as the Switch title
I have the suspicion that the people decrying this are not the people who bought those Warriors games.
And since when is Cloud, a character popular for more than 20 years, the same as Joker? Or Snake and Joker? Or Sonic and Joker? Or Pac-Man and Joker?

See the pattern here? One side is always decades long known characters, and the other is the protagonist of a game who will drop to popularity rock bottom once the sequel is announced.
A pattern doesn't mean a rule. This has been the case for Smash speculation for over ten years now.
Look, if you like to ignore parts of my posts in order to fit them to your narrative, please don't quote me.
I'm gonna quote you however much I like, thank you very much.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
I think you don't understand how deals work, both companies should benefit. Joker is not selling fighter pass for smash. Nintendo gets nothing from this deal apart from this crappy game. Deals work like we put joker in smash giving you free marketing (as our game is massively more popular) and that helps subsidise the cost of porting the game.

Considering Joker is the only character revealed so far...he is very much selling the pass.

Thats what Nintendo and Atlus gets out of it.

its not that hard of a concept to grasp.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
The smash fanbase is showing itself as overly excitable to the point of being toxic once again. Joker in Smash Bros is a celebration for gaming with two of the most recognisable brands in their genres crossing paths, it's great work from Nintendo and Atlus and a chance for fans of each to cross and explore the other.
Sad to see some try to turn this into a negative event because of their own misconceptions and bizarre gatekeeping rules.
Stop being so simple minded. RPG fans who own switch are going to most interested in Persona 5 coming to that platform. These fans crossover into being smash fans as much as they crossover into being Mario Kart fans or GTA V fans. When you are talking about the biggest selling games of all time you are talking about a huge deomgraphic while still leaving out those who still manage to fall outside of it.

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
look i'm not a musou fan, but you a bird if you in here saying shit like "nobody asked for this" like musou isn't a popular genre in Japan.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
THE BENEFIT IS THAT NINTENDO PUTS A POPULAR CHARACTER FROM A POPULAR IP AND SELLS IT TO PEOPLE

Smash isn't marketing for other games. I'm not sure how some people don't get this. Are you upset at the lack of Castlevania games on Switch too? Was that a bad deal on Nintendo's part?
Smash definitely marketed Fire Emblem, in fact Corrin in smash was a pure marketing move

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Don't do this to yourself. It's not happening. There's no real point hoping for a port or convincing yourself there's still a chance, 'cause there ain't. We're still getting SMT5 and give Atlus another two years and it should be ready for release. I'm sure that'll turn out to be a bigger deal than a port of Persona 5 anyway.
It ain't the end of the world either way. I mean, I still hold out hope for TMS on Switch lol. Not that I have any expectation of P5Switch at this point- SMTV is something to look forward too.

Oct 25, 2017

Castlevania has a huge history on Nintendo platforms Persona doesn't.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If Atlus really wants to troll every Switch copy of this should come with a download code for the P5 anime.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus constantly returning to the Mystery Girl to sell a new product is almost funny in how predictable it is. But mostly it's just tiresome.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Literally nobody asked for a musou of Persona. Nobody ever.

You an be interested, but that does not change that nobody wanted this and preferred something else.

And it's not rude to developers to say something is shitty, otherwise we would not have an opinion ever
yeah no one asked for one of the most popular jrpgs to get a spin-off in an insanely popular genre in japan

smh