• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be buying this?

• Yes!

Votes: 873 31.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1,528 55.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 355 12.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'd rather have this than a fighting game.
this but not by so much, i do want a P5 Arena at some point but not too soon

this musou is gonna be really fun to play, like i've got good vibes

hoping it releases this year in Japan so I can import it

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'll be lot more interested if this was Persona Musou in general and not just limited to Persona5.
I much prefer P3 and P4 cast so hopefully they'll be able to make it into the game.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Port begging will never stop. Only get stronger.

I've been waiting for them to rerelease Persona 4 golden for years now. Atlus are bizzarre. They still dont even have release parity yet for games lol.

I'm pretty sure they actually don't have any agreement? Someone can correct me if im wrong

No agreement at all we would definitely know if there was one it's just another weird Atlus thing to keep these games on one platform.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
O dont want to be a dick or whatever, i Just think is funny after so much speculation that the PS4 gets P5 twice and the switch gets just the musou spinoff.

But eitherway day one buy for me.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
this but not by so much, i do want a P5 Arena at some point but not too soon

this musou is gonna be really fun to play, like i've got good vibes

hoping it releases this year in Japan so I can import it
You know, I really suck at fighting games and my friends do too. I understand why people like their fighters, but for me there's not much to love. At least a musou, if it's done correctly, offers a great single player experience. I do agree with the people saying it should be more like Hyrule Warriors than FE Warriors.

Feb 26, 2018
Atlus just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Nintendo portbegging (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is PS4 where you can become successful by not porting your games on Switch. If you screw someone over on Nintendo platform, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that Nintendo fans, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Persona 5 Scramble for either system, nor will they purchase any of Atlus games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Atlus has alienated an entire market with this move.

Atlus, publicly apologize and port P5R to Switch or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 4 Arena still had Persona 3 characters in it.

We can also probably expect a couple of OC'c

Fighting games aren't the same as musou games and the story of the Arena games allowed for the crossing over (which Scramble may not since Persona 5 intentionally distances itself from the rest of the games) but, yes, they'd need to bring in characters from all four of the previous Persona titles to give it a list of playable characters equal to what people expect from one.

You really need about thirty and you're not even getting ten from Persona 5 alone.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
I'm significantly more interested in a musou game than I would be in a vanilla port of the PS3 version of Persona 5, especially now that we know the Royal exists and to a degree will invalidate base Persona 5 (in a sense that 10 years from now, if someone posts on era saying they want to play every Persona game, people will tell them to play Royal and not the base 5).
I liked Zelda Musou but disliked Fire Emblem Musou- my hope is that this ends up closer on the Zelda scale (I HATED the new annoying characters from Fire Emblem)

Don't kid yourself, if a port eventually happens, it'll be a vanilla version of P5, because this is atlus. :p

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The rest of the phantom thieves being playable is gonna be awesome. Haru with her axe, grenade launcher and Persona are gonna be great fun

Morgana is totally going to go into car form and plow through enemies like The King of Red Lions or Toon Link with the spirit train in Hyrule Warriors

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting games aren't the same as musou games and the story of the Arena games allowed for the crossing over but, yes, they'd need to bring in characters from all four of the previous Persona titles to give it a list of playable characters equal to what people expect from one.

You really need about thirty and you're not even getting ten from Persona 5 alone.
These games tend to just use portals as their excuse for why characters appear

Goroh

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, i already played persona 5 and i love musou games, so this news is a lot better than a simple port one could ever be. Bring it on!

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eehhh Musou is absolutely not my wheelhouse. Will probably skip this like the dancing games.
I wanted this to be a shooter or some kind of actual action RPG. Can't have everything I guess.
At least the concert was really awesome (no Arena music was kind of a bummer though).
Speaking of Arena I'll be old and grey before I get another ArcSys Persona fighter eh? (I know they are pretty busy atm, just sucks as I LOVED P4A/U).

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I do think Atlus are bad at communicating but it's not their fault you set yourself up with false expectations even with trusted insiders like Jason and the guy who leaked P5S stating that there are currently no plans to bring it over to the Switch

Like for real, just go into this shit with an open mind, don't expect anything so if something you like does get announced, you can be pleasantly surprised about it
"Bad at communicating" is an understatement. Atlus is miserably awful at attempting to drum up hype while also being incredibly vague. They'll announce an announcement of an announcement, offer little to no detail, followed by months of radio silence. Combine that with Joker in Smash and of course you get people assuming what appears to be obvious.

Could this end the port begin madness of Persona 5 or increase it?
Hopefully end it. With the announcement of a spinoff on Switch but not Royal, I think it's clear that Atlus either:
1. Has a deal in place with Sony for mainline Persona games
2. Simply isn't interested in putting mainline Persona games on anything other than Playstation

If Persona 5 is ever coming to Switch, or if mainline Persona will ever go multiplatform at all, it isn't happening any time soon.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of hoping for More Persona Characters than just 5. I mean:

Joker
Anne
Morgana
Ryuji
Yosuke
Haru
Motoko
Kasumi
Akechi
The Twins?

Seems like a small roster for a Musou game. Though the Roster in DQ Heroes was small and that worked well.
Berserk Band of the Hawk had 8 playable characters and that game was awful. So small roster could go either way.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Why this isn't a general Persona musou though? I wanted to play as Mitsuru and they could have even slapped "FEATURING DEMI-FIEND FROM THE SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI SERIES" on the box!

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Joker on Smash meant nothing. The source code only was once, and it was to say it was gonna be announced in this concert. Whatever movies people have been making on their minds are absolutely not Atlus' fault. Atlus said they had no plans to port P5 to Switch and that should have been enough for people to stop.
Are you kidding me. What person in their right mind would see Joker in Smash and think that meant nothing. This thread's overwhelmingly negative reaction vindicates that Atlus' handling of this has been an absolute shitshow. That isn't anyone's fault but Atlus's
So it's Atlus' fault people like to make up a narritive?
Of course people are going to make up a narrative, especially when there's so much fuel. How Atlas didn't account for this though is just nuts - obviously people were going to react this way, and they should have seen that from miles away. Any controversy is absolutely Atlus' fault for how dismally they handled this.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
However funny this situation is* at least there's a small chance of Switch owners playing a good P5 game.

*howling with laughter

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
"Bad at communicating" is an understatement. Atlus is miserably awful at attempting to drum up hype while also being incredibly vague. They'll announce an announcement of an announcement, offer little to no detail, followed by months of radio silence. Combine that with Joker in Smash and of course you get people assuming what appears to be obvious.
What was obvious? I'll give you the fact that the announcement of announcement shit was dumb, but Persona 5 on Switch was the product of nothing other than wishful thinking and bullshit rumors.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus - I like you, but you've got to start making some sense, honey.

P5R was in dev long ago. Considering the small team. They probably just were not able too. Especially when the company is on SMTV. On the Switch for the first time. They just are not capable

Does not mean it will never happen. But do not expect anything until at least next year. They don't have any specific deal. They are not gonna bother porting P5 vanilla either if they were busy working on Royal. And if Nintendo wanted to port it internally, they would have thought the same thing

TheRedLag00n

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll be lot more interested if this was Persona Musou in general and not just limited to Persona5.
I much prefer P3 and P4 cast so hopefully they'll be able to make it into the game.
I agree, it would be much more appealing to me, if it included P3 and P4 characters. Really don't like anyone from the P5 cast, so P5S is really uninteresting to me. Knowing both Atlus and Koei Tecmo, they will make us pay big time for P3&4 characters, I can already see it coming...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they put Joker in Smash because they wanted Joker in Smash and not because there is a totally different game to market.

Just a fucking thought.