• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be buying this?

• Yes!

Votes: 873 31.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1,528 55.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 355 12.9%

• Total voters

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO

The reactions in here are glorious.

futababomb8jjk8.gif

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Joker in smash is just Joker in Smash.

Nothing more Nothing less.

It never meant a port was coming. It never was a get in and we get a game deal. It was always "this character is cool and people like him" deal.

Nintendo did not get screwed over. All of that nonense is dumb shit created by fanboys who believe that they know how business works when it is apparent they do not. Joker's inclusion is just like every other guest character in every other game for the last two decades...it is meant to push sales of THAT game. 2B in SCVI is meant for people to buy the DLC....because they like Nier. Noctis in Tekken is meant for them to be DLC....because they like FFXV. Alien in MKX is meant to pushh DLC sales ...becuse they like Alien. It is not a new concept. It did not mean that Namco gets something from Square. It does not mean Ed Boon gets to star in the next Alien film. That is not how these things work. You created this idea that simply does not exist and never did.

learn from this. So that way when another random DLC pick happens, you don't jump to conclusions that it totally means there is a switch game coming too.

If there's one thing I can confirm, it's that they will still jump to conclusions and not learn anything.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, this is the funniest shit. And people here were so freaking loud about how much P5 for Switch was a given!

I guess it's time for an 80 pages long speculation thread about how the fact that the Musou spin off is on Switch definitely means that actual game is coming too, now.
It has been pretty funny to watch the string of recent baseless rumours around the Switch fizzle out. From "Capcom, Sega and Atlus have events lined up so there'll be Monster Hunter, Sonic and P5 Switch games" based on literally nothing to "Well, there's a P5 Musou." Also funny to see people like "Wow they are fucking over Nintendo" as though Nintendo for some reason had bought into these rumours 😂

I'm also actually more excited for this anyway, I like Musuos. I still need to finish that Fire Emblem one though.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That has nothing to do with exclusivity deals so I'm not sure why you're digging that one back up
I don't think it has anything to do with exclusivity! Always said it's just a thing they prefer to do themselves and they have no history of cross company multiplat releases. Just quoted your first post I saw because it reminded me of that time I ate crow. lol

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Royal would have been a better choice than this on switch. Great decision atlus lol. Switch had many jrpg fans and they waste a big opportunity, so atlus lol

Plum

May 31, 2018
I loved Hyrule and Fire Emblem warriors. So I'm in. Yall really need to chill with your disappointment in not getting Switch ports. The game sold 2.7mil or whatever and they're making a enchanted rerelease. Why in the hell would they cannibalize their own customer base by dropping a Switch port of P5 too?

Wut

How would Atlus 'cannibalise' their own customer base if they grew their own customer base?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, a musou game. Well, at least it's not a fighter, or a dancing game. Might check it out.

And at least people can finally shut up about the Switch port.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Come on guys, Zelda Musou was the best selling musou outside of Japan ever, of course KT wanted to do more deal like that.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting take for a game. Doubt I'll be getting it though, I'm rather bored of Musou games at this point. Barely touched Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors after the campaign.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
This seems like the coolest musou game to get announced since Hyrule Warriors. I will consider getting it.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Tried Hyrule Warriors and it was fun for a few hours. Otherwise not really my jam.

I'll consider grabbing this once I see more, but my experience with Hyrule Warriors and other Persona spin-offs doesn't leave me all that interested.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joker in smash is just Joker in Smash.

Nothing more Nothing less.

It never meant a port was coming. It never was a get in and we get a game deal. It was always "this character is cool and people like him" deal.

Nintendo did not get screwed over. All of that nonense is dumb shit created by fanboys who believe that they know how business works when it is apparent they do not. Joker's inclusion is just like every other guest character in every other game for the last two decades...it is meant to push sales of THAT game. 2B in SCVI is meant for people to buy the DLC....because they like Nier. Noctis in Tekken is meant for them to be DLC....because they like FFXV. Alien in MKX is meant to pushh DLC sales ...becuse they like Alien. It is not a new concept. It did not mean that Namco gets something from Square. It does not mean Ed Boon gets to star in the next Alien film. That is not how these things work. You created this idea that simply does not exist and never did.

learn from this. So that way when another random DLC pick happens, you don't jump to conclusions that it totally means there is a switch game coming too.
Great post. Sums up my feelings as well. A lot of people post on here acting like they know how the video game business / industry works but they clearly don't. It's quite annoying when a majority of people act and word their posts as if they know all

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it has anything to do with exclusivity! Always said it's just a thing they prefer to do themselves and they have no history of cross company multiplat releases. Just quoted your first post I saw because it reminded me of that time I ate crow. lol
That's fair, I'm willing to admit I was wrong in expecting P5 to be on Switch sooner than later.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Fanboyism aside, I wonder why P5 hasn't been announced on Switch so far. P4 The Golden was released on the PSVita.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
please don't genuinely think that Atlus "fooled" Nintendo/Sakurai with this, game developer fan fic is always sad

if anything this will probably bring them both more money, what with Koei Tecmo's love of DLC

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
Thank flip jschrier warned everyone that atlus were going to pull this shit

Expect a low budget shin megami tensei game in a few years, and a lower budget etrian odyssey game after that

Atlus are focused purely on the PS4, same as their parent company Sega. This isnt ever going to change, which is why they're best avoided on other systems

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know I am in the minority but am happy to have a new game rather than one I have already played, I don't see why they can't put the main game on Switch as well of course. Hopefully we get P5A at some point as well.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Will it have social links?
Will it have explorable parts and non combat parts like Persona 5?
Will it have the same storyline?
Will it basically be Persona 5 but without turn based combat?

If so, I would be ALL OVER this. The combat system is what I most dislike in Persona games, it is all the rest that makes me love them!

Realistically, this will be striped of everything that makes a Persona game...Persona...

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Never played a musou game before, so I can't say for sure whether I'd be into this. Doesn't look super appealing tbh, but you never know.

Maybe now would be a good time for me to finally pop in my copy of DQ Heroes II and see what these games are all about.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Will it have social links?
Will it have explorable parts and non combat parts like Persona 5?
Will it have the same storyline?
Will it basically be Persona 5 but without turn based combat?

If so, I would be ALL OVER this. The combat system is what I most dislike in Persona games, it is all the rest that makes me love them!

Realistically, this will be striped of everything that makes a Persona game...Persona...

No

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I can't even be mad about this, the level of trolling goes well beyond anything I could have imagined.

At least a fighting game would have been an interesting concept, but a musou is top tier shit.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
This is truly the last surprise.

Switch owners should ask for Royal instead of the original game at this point.

You want to know what's pathetic? My pathetic self would've gladly paid for the base game for $60 just for Nintendo Switch version, while also in 2020 purchasing Persona 5 Royal...But this...this has just been such a terrible let down.

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I had given up hope on Persona 5 for Switch. Yet somehow I am still disappointed. I was praying it might be a strategy game or something. I've played Fire Emblem Warriors & Hyrule Warriors and had some fun with them, but I have zero interest in this game.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this will end the port begging madness. Anyway! Did they say anything about release timing yet?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I know, but considering how wildly popular is P5 it's the strangest of decisions.

On one hand you limit the best selling games to one system, on the other hand you release lots of uninspired spin off games about the main game on the other systems.

It's more work for less sales.

I'd love for all their games to be multiplatform. But that's not how they've ever operated.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Oh well. I was hoping for the switch version of Royale. I might try this to see how it is.