• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be buying this?

• Yes!

Votes: 873 31.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1,528 55.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 355 12.9%

• Total voters

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
That's what y'all get for supporting and celebrating the inclusion of that lame joker character to Smash.
C0T.gif

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so over ATLUS. CaTERFine, homoPhobiasona 5, possibly doubling down on some bullshit from 5 with The Royal, and now this spinoff. The milking doesn't stop, the answers to the very important questions still in the air. SMTV is my last hope.

FantasyZone

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for portable P5 because I rarely finish JRPGs on console but I'm happy for those that are excited for this. I'm probably going to skip it though.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I voted maybe, but it's a very soft maybe. I've been interested in the Zelda and FE ones and still not pulled the trigger.

This is an incredible troll by Atlus though.. just a total gut punch to Switch fans.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looked janky in the trailer. Might be a ways off. Hopefully it has the same 30/60fps options FEW had, as it should be a staple option for future musous.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Why was Ryu in Smash Bros if SFV wasn't gonna be on the Switch?
Why was Solid Snake in Smash Bros if MGS4 wasn't gonna be on the Switch?
Why was Cloud in Smash Bros if FFVII REmake wasn't gonna be on the switch?

Ryu was in plenty of Street fighter games on Nintendo consoles in the past (was on nintendo before playstation).
Snake was also on a few games on Nintendo consoles in the past (was on nintendo before playstation).
Cloud has been in some as well but considerably less so than the other two you mentioned (no clue for this one).

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
why is a super smash bros character getting their own hack and slash game?

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I wonder if the new girl will be playable? That'd be cool, I think.

Right now I'm thinking it'll be the thieves (including Futaba and Akechi) for sure. I could potentially see Hifumi getting in as an extra PT given she was going to be one but they cut that out because they felt they had nowhere to slot her in. Sae wouldn't be a bad choice either, as both a confidant and someone with a shadow who could fight. And of course Kawakami would be nice as like a fun jokey moveset.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Ryu was in plenty of Street fighter games on Nintendo consoles in the past (was on nintendo before playstation).
Snake was also on a few games on Nintendo consoles in the past (was on nintendo before playstation).
Cloud has been in some as well but considerably less so than the other two you mentioned (no clue for this one).
Also, before the obvious Kojima Konami split, Snake got in due to Kojima and Sakurai being best friends. Sakurai basically wanted to get his homie in on the action.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I think the only reason I'm so crushed is that I read the title "P5 S" months ago, then SE announced Dragon Quest XI port with added content for switch and that game having an 'S' in the title...then Joker added to smash...I mean it felt like the perfect storm. But alas, it was not Atlus.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the new girl will be playable? That'd be cool, I think.

Right now I'm thinking it'll be the thieves (including Futaba and Akechi) for sure. I could potentially see Hifumi getting in as an extra PT given she was going to be one but they cut that out because they felt they had nowhere to slot her in. Sae wouldn't be a bad choice either, as both a confidant and someone with a shadow who could fight. And of course Kawakami would be nice as like a fun jokey moveset.

There's a chance some of the villain shadows will be there. They need some faces to act as boss units

Oct 26, 2017
Totally down with this. I'm just worried that the Switch version will be a iffy port like Warriors Orochi 4 if this is a downport. KT's up-ports have been amazing.

Attack on Titan 2 was only good because it mainly used PS3-grade assets, since the original was on PS3.

Hope they either give it their all on Switch, or at least maybe make it for Switch and then port it to PS4... or something. Actually don't they always make their games on PC and then work from there? Swore they said as such.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Some people only care about games being on their platform, not if such game exists or not somewhere else. As someone who bought P5 on release day, I'm quite happy there are two new games coming in the next months. That way, they get to serve their audience, plus expand to a new public.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I own Persona 5 on PS4 at launch and I'm still incredibly disappointed with this reveal and no Switch port.
I want my Persona games unleashed and to be available everywhere dammnit.

Guess I can ignore this and look forward to Royal...maybe start replaying P5 on PS4 at some point too.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
We all know precisely why people are upset about this announcement. Switch owners thought they were getting the main Persona 5 game.

Liliy

Feb 1, 2019
I love Persona 5 and Musou games so i'm super excited for this game. I think my only concern right now is if we will get more than just the P5 cast in this game, I would love to see some of my favourites from P3 and P4 show up in it too.

TakeshiZero

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2019
I'm so over ATLUS. CaTERFine, homoPhobiasona 5, possibly doubling down on some bullshit from 5 with The Royal, and now this spinoff. The milking doesn't stop, the answers to the very important questions still in the air. SMTV is my last hope.
Don't worry about that.
The worst possible thing ATLUS could do is making the MC kill his friends. (and it already happened in SMTIVA lol)

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I own Persona 5 on PS4 at launch and I'm still incredibly disappointed with this reveal and no Switch port.
I want my Persona games unleashed and to be available everywhere dammnit.

Guess I can ignore this and look forward to Royal...maybe start replaying P5 on PS4 at some point too.

I agree. Shin Megami Tensei 5 would be great on PS4/PC.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I love Persona 5 and Musou games so i'm super excited for this game. I think my only concern right now is if we will get more than just the P5 cast in this game, I would love to see some of my favourites from P3 and P4 show up in it too.
That's actually a worry for me. I wouldn't mind it, don't get me wrong, but I'd prefer they utilize the P5 cast fully before plucking characters from past Personas.

I wouldn't object to playable Naoto or Mitsuru by any means, however.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, really? I know "Persona-like on WiiU" is going niche-into-niche but that's still hard to process unless they expected it would be pulling Mario numbers. Unless all the trashweebs that might have bought it were the ones who got pissed off by the lack of vagina bones in the localized version
It released the day after Christmas in Japan (which is basically sending a game to die) on the Wii U, and actually may have outpaced some expectations in the west. But it was still a Wii U game released at a time when it was widely perceived that the console was dead.

A Switch port would undoubtedly sell more just because of the perception of console health.