• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Persona-5-Scramble-Sophia-710x400.jpg

Koei Tecmo previously teased a Western localization for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers in the company's financial reports. However, the company's latest report, which was made for the 2nd quarter of the 2020 fiscal year, does not include any mention of that release.

One of the latest teases for Persona 5 Scramble's overseas release still available to view publicly appeared in Koei Tecmo's financial report for the full 2019 fiscal year in April 2020. American and European releases of the game were also specifically mentioned in the report for the first quarter of FY 2020 in July 2020. However, Koei Tecmo's IR Presentation page has since replaced the link for the latter report with a revised version that removed any mentions of Persona 5 Scramble's western releases on Page 11. Only the Asian localization of the game—released in June 2020—is mentioned on the 5th page of the revised document.

www.siliconera.com

Persona 5 Scramble Localization Not Mentioned at Koei Tecmo's Q2 2020 Report

While Koei Tecmo previously teased English Persona 5 Scramble localization, the newer financial report in Q2 of 2020 does not mention it.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck is going on with this! Jeez, been waiting forever now. Guess I'll be playing on PS5 instead now.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
We're coming up on a year of this game releasing in Japan and still nothing official about localization. That is super weird, even by Atlus standards.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'm wondering if COVID really did a number on this game's localization process.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Yeah I assume this is more a product of localization delays due to Covid than anything. The game has proven successful abroad so it'll drop in the West sometime in 2021.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The help they get from Nintendo seems to be all hands on SMT right now. Once it gets announced at least it will run on relevant systems.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is due to the fact that the Western localization will be managed by Sega Atlus and not Koei-Tecmo

Oct 27, 2017
it was delayed anyways but is probably pushed back because of usual covid delays + probable adjustments for PS5 version

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the localization just got sidetracked due to Covid. And Sega/Atlus been busy with big projects with 13 Sentinels, Yakuza 7 and then SMT 3 and 5 for next year in terms of announced stuff.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Very strange for Atlus West to have not confirmed this one yet. While their western releases have seen lengthy delays, they've done good at least confirming the western release early up until this point. Everything in recent memory was confirmed either before or shortly after the initial Japanese release.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah why the hell it is taking so long to even get a release date, I know Atlus is Atlus but it's pretty crazy.
And then Nintendo able to reveal a Musou 2 months before release and it'll be worldwide at the same day, and it'll have full localization, voices included, for multiple languages.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So what you're saying is that we're narrowing it down to between Q1 and Q2

PS5 port baby!

What I'm saying is that Koei Tecmo is even removing localization mentions from older economic reports. This might be not happening at all, period.

unknown.png

This, along with a slide for HW is all they mention about future console games from them.

And, of course, the revised document from July. (Before = First slide, After = Second slide)

6iwUo7N.png

b2Z13M4.png

TheRealMoB

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 1, 2020
Don't see how anyone could be surprised anymore by this. Atlus has been like this forever. It's best to not even think about it until it comes

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Uhh I hope that this still comes out, sounds like an amazing experience

May as well throw in a PS5 4k version or just retail the PS4 version with a PS5 upgrade patch

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Weird they removed reference to it's localization. Hope it still comes over.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It would be really bizarre for this to not get localized given the massive success of Persona 5 and the fact that Atlus has localized a ton of Persona spin-off games in the past.

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
There's no doubt this gets a western release. The success of P5 and Royal has been huge. With COVID and all the other projects Atlus had on the go this year it's not surprising to me that the wait has been this long.

McQueeno

Nov 7, 2019
I wonder if Sega/Atlus bumped P5S back as not to compete with Hyrule Warriors. How many Koei Tecmo musou games can one holiday season handle?

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
The removal from those slides definitely imply it's not coming before March 31st, 2021 anymore. But it doesn't mean that it's not happening at all now. It doesn't make any sense for Persona 5 Scramble to not be released in the West at all. I'd recommend to not overreact at the moment.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's possible both Hyle Warriors and Nocturne HD will be announced and released WW in the time between P5S' japanese release and its WW release lmao.

This is why no one was taking seriously anything about Atlus's alleged desire to have faster localizations for their games, since this is looking to be at least a year late to the party, and likely more than that. Anyone still thinking that Nintendo isn't having a huge hand in SMT5 being a simultaneous WW release needs to realize that this is who Atlus is.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ATLUS is weird. I feel like I'm back in the 90s/early 2000s again when it comes to dealing with their region releases

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the feet dragging on this one. I really really hope this doesn't mean localization is cancelled, as that would make zero sense. Persona is clearly a viable franchise in the west. People would buy a (kind of it) Musou game of it.

I also hope it has nothing to do with the fact PS5 is coming so soon. That's never stopped Atlus from localizing games on out of date platforms though.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I'm starting to think this is getting a Xbox version outside of Japan. Though Atlus is weird about localizing their games.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Maybe an updated re-release of this with Royal like content (ex: Kasumi)?

Well, we never got Koromaru or Kasumi as DLC for the rhythm spin-off games (and Akechi never got a ball stage outfit), so I highly doubt it's for adding additional content.

I can only guess that they don't want Scramble to compete with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and unless stated otherwise, the game didn't do too hot when it launched in Japan. In the case for the other projects that Altus has in development/COVID-19 delays for localization, maybe it isn't as big of a priority to get this game out for Western localization.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
ffs koei, I want this game! why won't you make it and sell it to me?

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Don't see how anyone could be surprised anymore by this. Atlus has been like this forever. It's best to not even think about it until it comes
it's actually documented in this very thread that it's an outlier even among atlus west's normal behavior in several ways but ok?????????

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it got canceled then I can only guess it was death by a thousand cuts? (COVID delays, possibly other games taking higher priority in localization, move to next gen for Playstation, competition with Age of Calamity on Switch???)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Aren't there some folks on Era that work in localization? Isn't Claven one, or am I mistaken? I feel like localization, even with COVID, shouldn't take this long right?