• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What does P5S stand for?

• Persona 5 Switch port (only base game)

Votes: 281 14.9%
  • Persona 5 Switch port (with new content)

Votes: 731 38.9%
  • Persona 5 Complete Edition PS4-only

Votes: 128 6.8%
  • Persona 5 Complete Edition, Switch/PS4

Votes: 310 16.5%
  • Persona 5 Smartphone

Votes: 113 6.0%
  • Persona 5 Steam

Votes: 117 6.2%
  • It was a typo, OP wanted to write PS5.

Votes: 200 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe in era people stopped but I still see a lot of people hopeful for PS4 SMTV in other places
I'd rather we get a remake of Nocturne for all modern platforms in addition to SMTV.

I don't care either way, though. Wherever Persona and SMT are, I'll go. Switch for SMTV and PS4 for P5R.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make sense to announce what is essentially a remake, and then a port of it or the base game the day after, it's totally a new spin-off.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Despite all, let's be honest, there have been so many potential hints about a Switch port that it was obvious most of the people thought it actually existed: Joker announced for Smash, Joker release date set for end of April, Persona concert in April, Jane datamining in Smash, pony-tail haired girl in the P5R teaser, the P5S title...They are so many factors that they didn't seem coincidences, like now it is clear they are.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Despite all, let's be honest, there have been so many potential hints about a Switch port that it was obvious most of the people thought it actually existed: Joker announced for Smash, Joker release date set for end of April, Persona concert in April, Jane datamining in Smash, pony-tail haired girl in the P5R teaser, the P5S title...They are so many factors that they didn't seem coincidences, like now it is clear they are.
For me the jane datamine is the weirdest
Maybe she was supposed to be included but Nintendo stopped because she is the face of the new game and they didn't want to promote it?

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
Not only do I not expect a mainline Persona game to ever release on a non-Sony console, I doubt that SMTV will come out before 2021 since they refuse to talk about it outside a small blurb saying they want to talk about it eventually despite it being over 2 years since it was announced. Meanwhile Atlus is somehow able to release 2 dancing games on 2 platforms, Catherine Full Body on 2 platforms, catherine on PC and now this + Persona 5S.

Agree 100% with this post. Atlus will end this gen with a worse switch lineup than EA or Activision. Their switch support will never come close to their vita lineup.

I've got no problems with people buying a low budget shin megami tensei sequel when it releases in a few years. Just remember that every other japanese third party is doing a much better job of supporting the switch

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Craziest Timeline: P5S is actually Persona 5 Sessions. A Switch exclusive Alternate Universe version of Persona 5 that serves as a loose sequel to Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
For me the jane datamine is the weirdest
Maybe she was supposed to be included but Nintendo stopped because she is the face of the new game and they didn't want to promote it?
Well, the presence itself of Joker is promoting P5R. There will be people who, after finding out about Persona thanks to Smash, in October will buy P5R for PS4. At this point, why not include also her - if the data extrated with the data mining really regards this new girl?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
all of that plus the best buy leak, you really can't blame people for expecting it to happen. reading people think it's some outlandish expectation that people had is weird cuz there was way too much pointing towards it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Agree 100% with this post. Atlus will end this gen with a worse switch lineup than EA or Activision. Their switch support will never come close to their vita lineup.

I've got no problems with people buying a low budget shin megami tensei sequel when it releases in a few years. Just remember that every other japanese third party is doing a much better job of supporting the switch
I mean even if it comes close to a Vita lineup it would be disappointing, I am expecting/expected close to the 3DS lineup

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 is gonna be on switch....but it will be the vanilla version then Atlus like the money grubbing bastards that they are in 2 years time will sell you P5R Switch

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i was thinking the datamined ponytail character might be
serenica as an alt for erdrick

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
while there are still a few that are hoping for smtv on ps4, the vast majority have moved on once it was clarified that smtv was exclusive to switch. I am positive that there will be a lot of people that will not move on from p5 on switch even if it is confirmed p5s is something else and not a switch port of the main game and will convince themselves that Nintendo is holding Atlus back and will announce a port in a direct
Yes, once it was clarified people moved on. I'm sure MOST people will do the same for P5 Switch after tomorrow.

Before that though? SMT HD Project PS4 was a foregone conclusion, not only generally accepted but to even argue against it earned scorn and insults. Go back and reread the threads, it was just as bad or worse than P5S.

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Persona 5 is gonna be on switch....but it will be the vanilla version then Atlus like the money grubbing bastards that they are in 2 years time will sell you P5R Switch
You know what, sell me the vanilla version. I don't even care. I don't have a PS4, but I loved playing Persona 4: Golden on the Vita so much. I could grind while i watch TV. The Switch version could sell so much, it gets all the DLC and next games

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
all of that plus the best buy leak, you really can't blame people for expecting it to happen. reading people think it's some outlandish expectation that people had is weird cuz there was way too much pointing towards it.
I forgot to mention also this, it is basically the icing on the cake.
Honestly, from TGA to Jason's information, I believed in getting a Persona 5 port to Switch. It is the only game which is exclusive to PS4 which made me really near to buy the console (which I would have sold then, so I understand that the money loss would be really limited), before stopping because I don't play more than 30 minutes per week on a home console - I also install the PC visual novels on my Surface and play them while going to university, just to say - and I would not have finished it.
Well, all these coincidences were the fault. For this reason I sympathize all the people who still believe it differently from me, but tomorrow at least I suggest all of you to avoid to be warned or banned in the thread which will be created for P5S, it does not worth it!

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I will wait for the PS5 version of R anyway so if they pull off this it will work in my favour
i doubt a mainline persona game would ever set foot outside of a sony console

it never happened before and i doubt it'll ever happen
In atlus surveys they ask if you want to play it on pc or switch so they are definitely open for possibilities

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, all these coincidences were the fault. For this reason I sympathize all the people who still believe it differently from me, but tomorrow at least I suggest you to avoid to be warned or banned in the thread which will be created for P5S, it does not worth it!
don't worry once was enough for me, i'll behave 🙃 i'll just ignore the thread like i did with royal.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So the only hints that people think that is a Switch version is because the "S" and Joker on Smash?

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't a guy that worked for Atlus say that haven't heard anything about P5 on Switch?

Still hoping tomorrow is the day... who I'm kidding... :c

Hx]

Oct 28, 2017
Kuwait
S could be for Switch

CloudyEntireFlounder-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Why would they reveal more details about their big release (P5R) on the first day of the concert and then announce a Switch port of a vanilla version of P5 on the next day? Shouldn't you keep the "best/most interesting stuff" for the last day?

I'm thinking this will be something else entirely, another weird spin-off for Sony systems

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they reveal more details about their big release (P5R) on the first day of the concert and then announce a Switch port of a vanilla version of P5 on the next day? Shouldn't you keep the "best/most interesting stuff" for the last day?

I'm thinking this will be something else entirely, another weird spin-off for Sony systems
persona 5 sony for vita!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If S is just Royal on Switch then it's an odd way to have gone about it, but then I don't think they'd be ridiculous enough to announce it's only the vanilla version a day after..

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017

To coincide with Nintendo's investor meeting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
S is probably a strategy or musou game; either one would be great for me.

There's zero reason to think it is a Switch port though, especially given Jason's comments.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How do you know SMT's buddget? Frankly going by you're post history you seem to be taking this stuff way to personally.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How do you know SMT's buddget? Frankly going by you're post history you seem to be taking this stuff way to personally.
While I do dislike the way Atlus is handling things so far, I think things will improve after SMT releases, atlus still focus on japan over the west and I doubt that EO and SMT spinoffs won't be released

Oct 27, 2017

You seem incredibly childish shitting on a game we know almost nothing about — even asserting a low budget which we have no proof for and implying low quality when there's no relation between the two — just out of spite for a game being on a different platform than the one you pledged allegiance to under the idiot-paradigm of platform wars. There's no need for a dick measuring contest on who had the best Switch support, especially not with companies they don't care about; Atlus keeps putting out good games and they've been — and will keep being — rewarded for it.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
yeah we're talking about Atlus, the same company who chose to support VITA over either the switch or 3DS here , i'll be glad to be proven wrong so until then don't hold your breath buddy

...What game have they published on Vita that could actually have been run well on the 3ds? It seems disingenuous to say this when the few persona games that likely could actually run on the 3ds (PQ1+2) are *only* on the 3ds.

As for the Switch, I absolutely think they need to shift all their vita support over to it and have no clue why they haven't.

OP
OP
Dany1899

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
...What game have they published on Vita that could actually have been run well on the 3ds? It seems disingenuous to say this when the few persona games that likely could actually run on the 3ds (PQ1+2) are *only* on the 3ds.

As for the Switch, I absolutely think they need to shift all their vita support over to it and have no clue why they haven't.

Maybe are there some agreements with Sony and is it not easy to shift the Vita support to Switch? It could be one of the reasons for which we are not getting a P5 port.

Status
Not open for further replies.