• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What does P5S stand for?

• Persona 5 Switch port (only base game)

Votes: 281 14.9%
  • Persona 5 Switch port (with new content)

Votes: 731 38.9%
  • Persona 5 Complete Edition PS4-only

Votes: 128 6.8%
  • Persona 5 Complete Edition, Switch/PS4

Votes: 310 16.5%
  • Persona 5 Smartphone

Votes: 113 6.0%
  • Persona 5 Steam

Votes: 117 6.2%
  • It was a typo, OP wanted to write PS5.

Votes: 200 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
because Nintendo is a company that's going to be a lot more interested in cross promotion and what they can get out of it, whereas Sakurai is an individual who cares more about legacy
But unlike Cloud, Nintendo chose Joker.
You both are completely missing the point. Point was not the potential, it was boycotting a character because their main game wasnt on the console yet. It really doesnt matter who picked it

Nov 15, 2018
This seems like a big overreaction, I hope you didnt get cloud until FF VII finally came to switch

FF at least had for 6 mainline games on Nintendo systems. Cloud is iconic enough to represent the whole FF series.

They even marketed Joker as representing Persona 5 rather than the Persona series in his Smash intro. There have been no mainline persona games on Nintendo, just 2 failed spinoffs.

Anyways, I dont really need to explain why I wont buy dlc for a company that I dont feel deserves my money.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You both are completely missing the point. Point was not the potential, it was boycotting a character because their main game wasnt on the console yet. It really doesnt matter who picked it
Nintendo could choose from a vast number of characters from a vast number of companies. Joker is an exceedingly odd choice for them if his main game isn't actually coming to their current flagship console. In the first place Atlus isn't a big enough brand to justify just getting a character for business relationship alone from Nintendo's standpoint, especially since it's not like they really needed to improve that specific relationship

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo could choose from a vast number of characters from a vast number of companies. Joker is an exceedingly odd choice for them if his main game isn't actually coming to their current flagship console. In the first place Atlus isn't a big enough brand to justify just getting a character for business relationship alone from Nintendo's standpoint, especially since it's not like they really needed to improve that specific relationship
So does the user who's going to boycott the DLC character work for Nintendo or something? Why should they care about any of this?

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
All these spin-offs, teasing and random letter additions are really confusing. I thought this thread was about Persona 5 Royale at first. Atlus is making it really hard for me to stay excited about this franchise.

Also, why are people saying that if Persona 5 was ported to Switch it would only be the base game and not any additional content from Royale? Why wouldn't they put all the content into the port to entice potential double dipping.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FF at least had for 6 mainline games on Nintendo systems. Cloud is iconic enough to represent the whole FF series.

They even marketed Joker as representing Persona 5 rather than the Persona series in his Smash intro. There have been no mainline persona games on Nintendo, just 2 failed spinoffs.

Anyways, I dont really need to explain why I wont buy dlc for a company that I dont feel deserves my money.
Then apply the same to SMT, Atlus has a great relationship with Nintendo and if you dont want to buy it whatever, just dont pretend its some moral high ground because you are a true smash fan

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't talking about that in the first place, just noting that comparing the situation to Cloud in Wii U is kind of absurd
Dude. I dont care what you think of the choice. My comment was directed in the context of someone elses post, dont jump into a conversation part way through and totally miss the point of the conversation. You are being ridiculous

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is everyone acting as if Persona was this small niche franchise that just got big with P5? P3, P4 and P4G were always mentioned about when people talked about the PS2's, PSP's and PS Vita's best games. Sure, it isn't Final Fantasy levels of popularity, but Persona's always been pretty popular in the west since 3.

The other guy explained it for you. P5 is like Fire Emblem Awakening in terms of popularity/sales and taking a niche/great franchise and making it mainstream. They are popular for JRPGs, but neither of them are huge. Fire Emblem gets in because it's owned by Nintendo.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
there are going to be 4 more characters....

not everyone needs to be the biggest of the biggest.

FFS the next rumored character is from Dragon Fucking Quest...thats probably the biggest name left.

You guys are desperately trying to justify console warring by coming up w/ various clauses as to why Joker should not be allowed or that it goes against the game. "Bu-but Sakurai didn't pick him tho...so therefore its OBVIOUSLY only due to moneyhatting yup". FFS.

Is Joker the most well known character in the world? Nah. BUT Persona 5 did quite well for itself. I mean we are legit in a thread talking about a potentially TWO new releases w/ probably one more on the way. I am sure that his inclusion will have some people buy the game to play as him. Thats legit the main reason of his inclusion. That is legit the main reason for any guest character. 2B being in Soul Calibur does not mean that Namco gets something from Square..its a character people like...and that tends to lead to them playing the game.

Some of yall lack the ability to see beyond yourselves when it comes to these things. So there always has to be tons of ulterior motives at play when the reality is a lot more simple. Joker is a character from a successful game that might attract people to the game. Thats it thats all. If that coexcides w/ a switch port, thats extra.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
From the source code:

Code:
    <h1 class="hide-text">P5S 1 MORE INFORMATION → 2019.4.25</h1>

<!--【予告状】-->
    <!--2019年4月25日。-->
    <!--世界の認知を覆す、新たな怪盗団をお見せしよう。-->
    <!--我々は会心を求む声に躍動する。-->
    <!--今一度、両国国技館にて諸君の心を頂戴する。-->

<!--心の怪盗団より-->

Google Translated:

<!-[Notice letter]->
<!-April 25, 2019. ->
<!-I will show you a new monster thief that will overturn the world's cognition. ->
<!-We are excited about the voice of the meeting. ->
<!-Once again, we will receive your heart at the Gokugikan. ->

<!-From the Phantom Thief

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Hm well... Not sure how to feel about this. If they had announced P5R for Switch I'd be in but if it's just base game or something, not into it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I would love for this to be a Switch version, but I expect some Metal Gear Solid Touch level shit.

Oct 26, 2017
Its called having a business relationship, my guy.

Plus if Joker gets anyone to buy the pass to get him...then that very much benefits them.

Like are you for real?
Joker isn't exactly a gaming icon so, outside of people like us, I don't think Joker would do much to get people to buy the pass. But him being a part of the pass to promote a game he's in on their system would make much more sense

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just know I'm going to have to pick and choose between "this feature" or "that feature" with R and S. Would be way too good if it was a DQXIS situation.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
It's been rumored by Nintendo insiders for awhile now ... even said late this year. So far, many of the rumors have been right in one way or another, and I would expect this to coincide with a late April Direct.

We will see soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.