• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm surprised that they already have the dub ready. Maybe it'll be out in Early 2020.

Also, Laura Post is Kasumi!

Oct 27, 2017
Cool must mean it's being actively localized and cool for the people who play with dubs.

I hope it'll be like P5 and we can have the Japanese dub.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I'd rather not get suspended again

Looks great, damn

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Did that dude just mispronounce "Haru"?!

Damn. I'd be weeb triggered like a motherfucker if I played this in English. Lol.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Didn't realise that trailer opens with a hard spoiler. Well, soft? But like the voice isn't hard to recognise.

Can't wait for that redemption arc. By can't wait I mean please for the love of YHVH don't do that.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I simply can't wait for this. I'm a Persona believer now and the wait is killing me.

Meanwhile, I'm playing the not-so-fun P3P for the first time to satisfy my Persona needs. You all give me your strength to finish this.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow was not expecting a dub trailer so soon.

Gives me hope that it might release early next year.

Anyone know the therapists VA?
Didn't realise that trailer opens with a hard spoiler. Well, soft? But like the voice isn't hard to recognise.

Can't wait for that redemption arc. By can't wait I mean please for the love of YHVH don't do that.
You can see the leg of Akechi's Black Mask outfit sitting in the Morgana Bus in the trailer.

You better brace yourself for redemption.

Oct 25, 2017

I felt similarly at first, but the character is so shitty in the vanilla game that if the redemption meant his story would be completely reworked, it could be for the better. It's not like he was a great villain that will be ruined by this redemption, he was already a garbage character.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Will pick up when it's at a heavy discount, and I'll trade in my beta copy of P5 when I do so.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking up Laura Post I'm not actually familiar with most of her work. Only one I've really seen much of is Ragyo from Kill La Kill and I imagine that won't be the best indicator for her performance as Kasumi.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh fuck, looks like I'm playing through Persona 5 again.

tenor.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the game comes out sooner than later, though I'm going to be pissed if Persona, FFVII, and Tales all come out at around the same time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing the dialogue lines makes me double-think my positive affinity for the series sometimes. Haha

At least it's not Tales-level bad. But man, I almost forgot how bad it sounds when the English voice actors try to say Japanese names. They really needed to give them more training on that before recording the dialogue.

It was never that bad in P3 or P4, either, which is the confusing part.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This is a English Version of the old trailer but luckily confirms that we are indeed getting a dub for P5 though it's unknown who Kasumi's VA is.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it was intentional or meant to be ironic, I always find it quite awkward when they say 'senpai' in an english conversation unironically.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
At least it's not Tales-level bad. But man, I almost forgot how bad it sounds when the English voice actors try to say Japanese names. They really needed to give them more training on that before recording the dialogue.

It was never that bad in P3 or P4, either, which is the confusing part.

It was mandated by Atlus Japan to pronounce it like that apparently.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I felt similarly at first, but the character is so shitty in the vanilla game that if the redemption meant his story would be completely reworked, it could be for the better. It's not like he was a great villain that will be ruined by this redemption, he was already a garbage character.
I mean the issue is they half heartedly tried to do it in P5 when people got 'sad' that this mass murderer may or may not have just died. A redemption would be terrible because unless they some how think of a really good reason to hand wave mass murder it is gonna be awful.

I know the redemption is coming. I know it is. I was just hoping maybe this time Persona 5 could be well written video game for a game that is essentially a large visual novel.