• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Unless there's a huge port fuckup, it will run well. The game is barely graphically sophisticated or taxing on the Vita and PS2 before it.

ATLUS ain't SE, they don't have budget or staff for these graphical intensive games. That said they have great artists.

There are plenty of games on switch that should run fine but are horribly optimized.

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
User banned (1 week): Trolling. Platform wars. Account in junior phase.
I really hope P5 runs like wet dogshit on the Switch, would be nice comeuppance to all those who wouldn't stop whinging about the darn game not being on Switch

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Well, I help off on replaying 5 for this reason, excited to play 3 and 4 for the first time as well!

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
trailer-thumb-30xYk38oj.jpg

Some of these are Playstation 2 games. One of them is a fucking PSP game.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
trailer-thumb-30xYk38oj.jpg

Some of these are Playstation 2 games. One of them is a fucking PSP game.
It's a PS4 collection. These games were first ported to HD to the PS3. They did have a PS3 collection, but SE being SE, I doubt they kept the source code for that and made the PS4 SKU the base.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Unpopular opinion but I really didn't like Royal as much and was kind of hoping they'd just put P5 vanilla on the Switch instead. Though I guess if they were ever gonna do that they wouldn't have waited so long.
Why on earth would they do that? P5 has literally zero advantages over P5R.

Atlus done goofed. You're supposed to release it everywhere else first, then Switch later so people double / triple / quad dip.
Also known as the "Square Enix strategy". :P

Is Persona 3 coming last?
Dunno. It's feasible that P3P and P4G could drop very close to each other, though, as the reason they're both next year is that their text is being translated into French, Italian, German, and Spanish for the first time. Wouldn't be surprised if those localization projects were being done concurrently to save resources.

chadboban

May 27, 2020
So the dumb "Persona 5 is never coming to switch" and "Persona 5 Royal can't run on the switch" comments can finally end? Okay thank goodness

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm torn. I've played through vanilla P5 and planned on getting Royale for the PC and just Cheat Engine my way through most of the game, but playing Royale handheld will alleviate pretty much everything.

If my deck comes before this releases, then the choice will be easy.

3 has the more interesting narrative IMO but 4G has a lot better gameplay loop.

5R is the most polished and stylish but is the least interesting game in the series IMO.
this is correct.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's crazy. By all means these games being announced for the Switch should be a massive moment after all these years of fervent speculation, but the powers that be did a great job at sucking the winds out of the reveal with exclusivity agreements for announcements (LOL) and slotting it at the end of a Mini direct. Definitely feels like a classic Atlus moment even if they had nothing to do with it.

Now that P5 is finally on all major platforms, I hope we can begin to talk about how P4 clears 🕵️‍♂️

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017
Why don't they just release FES. PSP is boring with its visual novel areas.
I was hoping for this too, but I guess it would be more labor-intensive to port this to switch? Idk.

I am really happy these are coming, was hoping for a P3+P4 bundle but oh well. I'll be more likely to dedicate time to P5 on switch than on consoles.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling; History of Trolling and Numerous Prior Bans
I thought Jason Schreier knew for a fact persona wasn't coming to switch like 1 or 2 years ago where is he now

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Very glad to see these games finally get on the Switch and on other platforms now. Hopefully the series goes full multiplatform at launch in the future.
Maybe even Persona 1 & 2 get ported at some point.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable are only digital?
Dang.

Still, glad Persona 5 Royal is physical at least.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Now we just need Persona 1 and 2 ported over to modern platforms.

It'll happen one day!

One day...

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Well its been confirmed P4G and P3P is digital only. Now to beg Play-asia to make a physical P4G and P3P for Switch combo

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So all the people saying it would be odd for Altus/Nintendo to delay the Switch versions of the games announcement for a future Direct are looking odd now :P

Never stopped believing! Happy to see more can enjoy these games :)