• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
MHW P5 and Bloodborne are my favorite games of this generation. I can't wait to jump back into this when it comes out. I can bring so much more knowledge of how the game works this time as P5 was my first Persona game and I went in basically blind.

Yeah same here, P5 was my first Persona game and the first SMT related game I finished so this is a darn real treat.

Excited to see how Kasumi turns out.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Looks great. Really hope the gay stereotypes are taken out though and there are gay romance options.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
Soejima said:
Unlike P4G's Marie, who had a special place in the game as a new denizen of the Velvet Room, Kasumi is actually involved in the main story, and so making sure that her design fits in was especially important, and Soejima designed her to be the "icon" of P5R.

Thank god.

They must be actually aware of the Marie complaints, now I have even more faith in Kasumi being handled carefully.

Bring it on 2020.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I don't know why you have to make such conclusion. It is just a screenshot without no context. Plus Mona and Joker are just friends. You sharing a bed with one of your buddies is considered homophobia?
Pretty easy to see why people are rightfully skeptical of that scene given that Atlus seems to love hurting LGBTQ people every chance they get.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I get not letting saves transfer over (If the structure of the story is changing), but I really REALLY hope there's some sort of upgrade path for P5 owners.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I don't know why you have to make such conclusion. It is just a screenshot without no context. Plus Mona and Joker are just friends. You sharing a bed with one of your buddies is considered homophobia?
I meant it to be a somewhat humorous remark because of the running joke, so I'm sorry I botched it. On the later statement? Yes, actually, since this is Persona I would be dumbfounded if there wasn't some kind of homophobic comment involved. There shouldn't be, but the game likely can't help itself. Again, it's Persona. The series really, really sucks on these things. Atlus in general, really.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know there are many (including me initially) who were rooting for Royal to be a DLC expansion...

But thinking about it more, I'd rather get proper remakes of my favourite games. While it's natural to question spending another $60 to experience the upgrade, I know there's no way I'll wait 3 years to start my P5 (and the future P6) journey.

Oct 25, 2017
I was 25 hours into P5 about 6 months ago but got drawn to other stuff.

Looks like I'll just sell it and wait for this to have the definitive version.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be excited for this... but I really really REALLY don't buy "better pacing" while also adding a third semester...

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
There's no reason to give Atlus the benefit of the doubt here considering their track record. The exclamation point means Joker is surprised to see Morgana in bed with him which means there's almost certainly going to be Yosuke-esque gay panic shenanigans. Or at least optional gay panic.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no reason to give Atlus the benefit of the doubt here considering their track record. The exclamation point means Joker is surprised to see Morgana in bed with him which means there's almost certainly going to be Yosuke-esque gay panic shenanigans. Or at least optional gay panic.
Or maybe he's surprised some dude he(initially) doesn't know being in his bed.

And once more despite the problematic shit
there is still a legit gay relationship in the game so I feel like there trying even if the execution is extremely messy.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until it comes out, this is nothing more than an assumption.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The bonus for importing your save into P5R better fucking be maxing out your social stats. I don't want to lose anymore damn time doing that shit; let me concentrate on the good stuff.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bonus for importing your save into P5R better fucking be maxing out your social stats. I don't want to lose anymore damn time doing that shit; let me concentrate on the good stuff.
Thinking like this is setting yourself up for disappointment

Given Atlus' history, can you really blame them for being hesitant to give them the benefit of the doubt?

Not saying not to be wary, just not to get ahead of ourselves

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I have very little interest in investing another 200 hours into this game. Shame they didnt do post game story DLC. Oh well, hopefully those excited for this get a cool experience.

Lightning1981

Mar 31, 2019
Probably my most hyped game for next year. That being said, I really hope they change or alter the need to have max stats to continue confidants. I dropped P5 several times because raising my charm to max took too long and I lost interest frequently.
I found raising charm to be fairly easy. Knowledge and guts on the other hand I did not enjoy at all. My main issue with the charm is I wanted to raise it early due to the character its tied to. That part I hope they fix, having those stats effect your main party is an issue. I had to reload an earlier save to fix my charm cause they done that.

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Joker is surprised. Cat Morgana sleeps with Joker all along the game, suddenly he turns into human and shouldn't Joker be surprised? Again there is no context, you just assume things.

But why am I arguing this as "no reason to give Atlus the benefit of the doubt", smh.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I have very little interest in investing another 200 hours into this game. Shame they didnt do post game story DLC. Oh well, hopefully those excited for this get a cool experience.
Same, as much as I like Persona 5. I generally don't replay (long) games, especially not within a year or two. But I would replay this if they somehow rework the dungeons to be more like heist, with less about fast-travelling between safe rooms and more about securing routes through unlocking shortcuts ala Soulsborne. I always find it disappointing that at 100% alert with exciting music and alarms going on during the final infiltration, you bypass all of that by just popping in the safe room and fast travel all the way to the boss location.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I'm even less hyped now tbh. So a "what to do" button/option to make the game feel more linear to the people who don't want to think when playing, a new area/minigames and even more story content. The obvious gameplay re-balance, and the inclusion of the Smash grappling hook can be good, for what we've seen in the trailer the grappling hook will serve to use shortcuts, maybe they have shortened the dungeons to make the game shorter too.

At this point the few things I can expect from Royal that I feel that can improve the base game are faster social skills upgrades, a less amount of time-restricted days and maybe better dungeons. A new translation would be nice, but I sounds like something SEGA won't do, even if the game will come here a few months later.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I've just realised that with the new music tracks, they're likely to change the Mementos music. That alone is worth the price.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell

Could be just me but if I went to sleep by myself and woke up with a person by my side I'd be surprised too.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my hope for the
wakaba and human morgana sequence is that it's a gurren lagann-esque sequence where yaldabaoth or someone grants everyone their deepest desires (morgana to be human, futaba to see her mom, etc) to keep them from kicking his ass and joker has to snap everyone out of it

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds amazing - with DQ XIS later this year and P5R next year the best JRPGs of this gen are getting even better.

Jul 24, 2018
Reeeeeaaaally hope they don't make the combat and dungeons piss easy like Persona 4 Golden, I liked the balance in Persona 5. Felt like I was playing an old SMT game again. Also Kasumi not being a fem protag and just another love interest (couldn't have made a new male party) is probably the biggest bummer about this so far.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shit but P5 was already the longest game ever, why add more stuff??? Did the original have a fast forward button like P4G? That would help immensely.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They aren't "making" you buy anything. P5 still exist as a complete game and a complete experience. Your time with that game dosen't disappear because P5R exists.
You're right, they aren't making me buy anything. And I sure as shit won't be spending 50 quid and playing the same 100+ hour game just to see a few new additions. More power to anybody that does.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
izxBJFx.gif

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I won't even think twice about buying this at full price, that all sounds wonderful.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a longer video which also has footage of Joker picking up some kind of skull item.

It's after the footage from the first trailer.

Would these video's be worth a new thread?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
No wonder we thought she was going to be fem-protag, she was literally designed as one. ugh.

Echoing this. There's already gay panic scenes in the game.

DoughBoi

May 7, 2019
just make the music not suck ass and I'll be satisfied
This. It's the only bad song in the game but you hear it so much.

Atleast let me use Morgana as a radio for other songs or something.
I've just realised that with the new music tracks, they're likely to change the Mementos music. That alone is worth the price.
Kinda surprised by this. I felt like the mementos track captured the mood quite well. My complaint would be with the vibe of mementos as a whole and how same-y it is.