• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
DLC Persona that might be Joker's Third Tier Persona - called Raoul
1572465837799.jpg

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There is a scene in the first hour of the game where Sojiro establishses 15 months ago there was a car accident and a girl died. I am pretty sure Kasumi was that girl but Takuto granted her wish of living longer in exchange that Takuto would require Kasumi to do some things. Takuto and Kasumi are in league together and are the ones that trap the Phantom Theives in the dream world but Kasumi ultimately decides to make the PT realise that they are in the dream world and restores their memories including Goros. Everyone else's dreams got shown expect Joker's and his Dream was that Goro would be alive. Both Goro and Kasumi at the end of the game dissapear after Takuto is defeated and decides to release the PT from the dreal world. This is all speculation at this point but i am pretty sure Takuto and Kasumi are working together and Takuto is responsible for the dream world
fucking lmao if true

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Oh man people are not gonna like that
This is speculation based on what we have seen about the game though it does fact make sense considering some known facts and information about the game's story

From what we know:

1. A 15 year old girl died 12-15 months ago from the start of the game
2. Kasumi and Takuto know each other and apparently Takuto helped Kasumi months back and she's indebted to him
3. Takuto has been talking to the Phantom Theives while in school regarding Dreams as well as their own personal dreams
4. Jose is collecting dreams for some purpose

What hasn't been confirmed but is very likely
1. The Phantom Theives are trapped in a dream world
2. Takuto is the main villain of this segment - the fact that the Palace is a Research Lab plus his constant talk of dreams with the rest of the cast make him suspicious
3. Goro being back in the dream world is because of Joker's wish.
4. Kasumi is the one that restores the PT's memories.

Right now i am leaning towards:

Takuto is the one who trapped the PT in the dream world in order to live each of their dreams (he beleives that a blissful dream is better then a bitter reality - Take Off Your Mask is from his persective). He is also the Target in the Research Lab Palace.

Oct 27, 2017
This is speculation based on what we have seen about the game though it does fact make sense considering some known facts and information about the game's story

From what we know:

1. A 15 year old girl died 15 months ago from the start of the game
2. Kasumi and Takuto know each other and apparently Takuto helped Kasumi a few months back
3. Takuto has been talking to the Phantom Theives regarding Dreams as well as their own personal dreams

What hasn't been confirmed but is very likely
1. The Phantom Theives are trapped in a dream world
2. Takuto is the main villain of this segment - the fact that the Palace is a Research Lab plus his constant talk of dreams with the rest of the cast make him suspicious
3. Goro being back in the dream world is because of Joker's wish.
4. Kasumi is the one that restores the PT's memories.
Point 3 is so god damn stupid if true. I certainly wouldn't want that so to force it on you is just stupid as hell.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Point 3 is so god damn stupid if true. I certainly wouldn't want that so to force it on you is just stupid as hell.
Point 3 from the first or second section?

Regarding the wish thing:

Every single PT member outisde of Kasumi of course has had their wish shown

Ryuji: Back on the running team
Ann: Shiho is happy and not abused by Kamoshida
Morgana: Morgana has a human form
Yusuke: The real world Sayuri is put on display for the world to see
Makoto: Her sister is a defense attorney and is happy to spend time with Makoto
Futaba: Her mother is alive and well
Haru: Her father is alive and spending time with Haru - not treating her poorly.

The question is, what was Joker's Wish - the fact that they are hiding it makes me think it has to do with Goro - Joker's wish is for Goro to be alive

Oct 27, 2017
Point 3 from the first or second section?

Regarding the wish thing:

Every single PT member outisde of Kasumi of course has had their wish shown

Ryuji: Back on the running team
Ann: Shiho is happy and not abused by Kamoshida
Morgana: Morgana has a human form
Yusuke: The real world Sayuri is put on display for the world to see
Makoto: Her sister is a defense attorney and is happy to spend time with Makoto
Futaba: Her mother is alive and well
Haru: Her father is alive and spending time with Haru - not treating her poorly.

The question is, what was Joker's Wish - the fact that they are hiding it makes me think it has to do with Goro - Joker's wish is for Goro to be alive
The second.

Fuck Atlus. Won't be touching this.

Everything is worse. This wish bullshit, the new sexual additions... It is like they doubled down on the worst parts of the game.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The second.

Fuck Atlus. Won't be touching this.

Everything is worse. This wish bullshit, the new sexual additions... It is like they doubled down on the worst parts of the game.
I mean it does make sense that Ann would want the Kamoshida thing to never happen so in this dream world she was given that wish

Regarding Goro

It's either Goro is "dead" like in P5 and then the PT are trapped in the DW where a cognition of Goro is created based around Joker's wish and he dissapears when Taruto is defeated or Goro doesn't die at Shido's palace and he works with the PT to take down Shido and like them he is trapped in the DW and breaks free with them - Pick your Poison

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it does make sense that Ann would want the Kamoshida thing to never happen so in this dream world she was given that wish
I was more so thinking of the one involving the MC. The other things aren't that bad and are actually realistic. But it is the one involving the MC that is stupid.

The reason they aren't voiced is because they are self insert so to force it on the player even though they might not want that wish is just pathetic and stupid.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I was more so thinking of the one involving the MC. The other things aren't that bad and are actually realistic. But it is the one involving the MC that is stupid.

The reason they aren't voiced is because they are self insert so to force it on the player even though they might not want that wish is just pathetic and stupid.
Fair enough, this is all speculation but the Dream World takes place after Shido right? Then why is Goro there when he dies at Shido's palace?. The two possibles i laid out are the ones i can see happening and honestly i am leaning towards the first one.

Oct 27, 2017

Regarding Goro

It's either Goro is "dead" like in P5 and then the PT are trapped in the DW where a cognition of Goro is created based around Joker's wish and he dissapears when Taruto is defeated or Goro doesn't die at Shido's palace and he works with the PT to take down Shido and like them he is trapped in the DW and breaks free with them - Pick your Poison
I see.

Well if it is like the second one and not a wish then that's better.

Oct 27, 2017
Personally i think Goro not sacrificing himself and ultimately the PT working with him again to take down Shido despite everything he has done is worse but that's my own personal opinion.
I read your post wrong. But I agree that him working with them would be bad. He shouldn't get redemption or anything to turn him "good".

I thought you meant he doesn't die and he goes to jail or whatever and then gets dragged into the world so an unfriendly alliance gets made.

I really hate this character honestly. He should have stayed dead and not only that but to let the thieves roast him before he dies as he didn't get as much as he deserved.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
1572467558439.png

Ren: so I'm like your rival?
Goro: Whichever is fine if I get to spend a meaningful time with you...

They aren't going to do it are they.......I mean Ren/Goro is extremely popular...

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Tbh I saw no one else made an OT, I made a quick and dirty one. That info was one thing I saw. I've posted a few other things I have found in this thread. I don't know why you're trying to frame it as I have some sort of agenda or something.

I also think calling out homophobia is important.
I think what they mean is that you could at least include box art, a description of the game, what's added, etc.

New OST sounds godlike so far.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
One of Goro's lines in his Trailer is intresting if he is a congnition on the dream world.

"Did you think this would please me? Being shown mercy? I don't want your pity are you really this spineless?!"

OP
OP
HylianSeven

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be shocked if the whole thing wasn't a massive queerbait.
I have a feeling that's probably the case.

Haven't seen it since the game's actually released, but in many of the trailers and pre-release footage, there was the whole thing with human Morgana sleeping in Joker's bed.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Might be my new favorite Meguro OST after listening to almost the whole thing. It's a phenomenal soundtrack with some bangers and good vibes all over. Will definitely be interested in the context once the english version drops.

Prison Labor, throw away your mask and keep your faith are all just the fucking best.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
So is this another Team Zero game? Catherine Full Body started out feeling like an excellent remix re-release job but quickly devolved into retcons and completely unnecessary subjects that actively distracts and detracts from the core game's story.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So is this another Team Zero game? Catherine Full Body started out feeling like an excellent remix re-release job but quickly devolved into retcons and completely unnecessary subjects that actively distracts and detracts from the core game's story.
It's a P Studio game I'm pretty sure.

Main thing I'm thinking of too. The supposed stuff seems so thematically inconsistent with the original game that I'm wondering if it they even tried to make it relate to the game

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

Waiting months will be hard but This song holy shit. Gonna listen to this a whole lot and I think it'll help satiate the wait. The new songs are looking real strong.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
My only hope for the English release is that they re-do the translation so it's not so awful.

Jun 17, 2019
DLC Persona that might be Joker's Third Tier Persona - called Raoul
1572465837799.jpg

Okay so if it is named Raoul, what's up with the bat wings? The only Raoul I can think of that would fit this would be the Viscount in Phantom of the Opera, but this guy in no way represent him. So what theif persona are we looking at here because we go from Arsene to Sataneal to Raoul. And the thing is that the wiki lists it as Lupin's name but it's not. So I don't know who this is supposed to represent at all. Kind of reminds me more of a detective than a theif or a male version of Carmen Sandiego.

I'd be shocked if the whole thing wasn't a massive queerbait.

I have a feeling that's probably the case.

Haven't seen it since the game's actually released, but in many of the trailers and pre-release footage, there was the whole thing with human Morgana sleeping in Joker's bed.

Would not surprise me one bit if that's true. I mean yes they did give us Jun and Tatsuya, but that was a different team. I'm hoping that the Team of SMTV will give us a better story and concepts than what we have here with Royal. With the lead director gone (as far as I know) maybe we'll get to see some better views of things. Japan is changing slowly. People are getting more annoyed with the Otaku bait that's been going on for years, and women and LGBTQ members there are starting to become far more vocal than they have since the 70s, so there's that too. It may have to change how Atlas does it's games in the future. If not they will end up crashing.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
True, but P5 even started to drop the ball on that. (Lackluster daily life themes.)

Outside of Mementos I thought Persona 5 had the best OST in the series, and R is now fixing that. The good news is I can listen to music on YouTube and not pay a dime! (I'll get this when it's on sale.)

Jun 17, 2019
This image was a conscious decision to make~ 💎

For the express purpose to get the "fangirls" of a cetain type to pick up the game. It's the same reason that 3 houses chose the artist that does Uta Prince and Otome games. Makes it easier to sell to a type of consume if they belive certain things will happen.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Semester 3 is another "The Answer". Everything and nothing will happen at the same time. Lol. Not that I care, as P5´s story was the first in the (sub-)franchise that left me cold at every turn. It was fun to play until the framing device caught up though and you have to love the OST.
Goro was the ONE legitimately good thing about P5´s story, as the rest of the cast were shallow copies of party members from P3 and 4. (Well, not Yusuke but he has just watered down Jun from P2.) Having Goro trashed would be rather unfortunate and he is the most popular cast member in Japan.

About Persona´s primary audience: Every manga, there were a lot, ran in either a Seinen or Shounen (P5 specifically) magazine and the sexualization of the female cast ist only ramping up in the merch. I have a hard time believing that this is a unisex or a female-centric franchise.