• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Best game with the best Persona as well. Oh, Raoul.

maxresdefault.jpg
Satanael is cooler

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's bizarre that we see this with so many Japanese companies, they're simply not as money hungry as American companies. If this was American made, it would 100% be on switch, there would be remakes of older titles, and in a year it would be on Xbox and PC. It would probably get gamestop merch and talks of a Netflix series.

it's true, there are no publicly traded companies in Japan - they don't even have their own stock market!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's terrible news.

I'll be sure not to buy the next persona game and wait for the proper edition three years later then.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I hope this incentivises Sega and Atlus to bring more awareness to the previous Persona games and not just milk Persona 5 to death even more.

I know. At this point, Sega basically needs to remove the suits in charge of Atlus and directly take control of it themselves.

I don't know why Sega is tolerating Atlus' nonsense.

Sega's upper management is only going to intervene if their bottom line is negatively affected.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to that scramble release, although it's probably going to take a while thanks to the situation.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's bizarre that we see this with so many Japanese companies, they're simply not as money hungry as American companies. If this was American made, it would 100% be on switch, there would be remakes of older titles, and in a year it would be on Xbox and PC. It would probably get gamestop merch and talks of a Netflix series.
Japanese companies are too busy making bank on waifu gacha games

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I skipped this version put played through the original release and loved it. Hoping to see either Persona 3 remastered or Persona 6 within the next few years would be awesome.

I would likely buy a Persona 4 remastered but I think it is going to be hard to top Golden.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Nice, looking forwards to Scramble first before I assume Persona 6 in 2024

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely deserved and then some. Even P5 vanilla is one of my fave games ever and Royal just improves it. GOTG! Now, I just want a date for Scramble and I'll be happy!

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through it currently and its fantastic. I played 5 back when it released and loved it and this is like comfort food. I love the characters and very few games get me smiling to chill with em again like this one does.

take o ver... dah dah dah dah dah dah tonight!

This soundtrack man. It gets me giddy lol

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, record sales as in better than p5? If so, wtf.

Deserved, but that'd be bizarre for a re-release.

Pandemic so lots of people have more time for games.

Also P5 wasn't an overnight hit. Sure it did well to start with but what really propelled it to its great long-term sales was the great word of mouth, and the interest has never really waned. You could tell that a lot of people who were thinking about getting P5 in the last year or so were holding off to get Royal when it launched.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Please read again your post but slowly.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Not to pile on too much, but this is quite the take considering the specific company you're talking about. Atlus would charge you for watching their trailers on YouTube if they could.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Exactly, any estimate I had of it coming out in Japan in 2020 is pretty much shot now with covid.

I think Summer 2021 for Japan, later for the west.

Ob boy, at this rate SMTV is going to be a cross gen game for switch and switch 2...

I know. At this point, Sega basically needs to remove the suits in charge of Atlus and directly take control of it themselves.

I don't know why Sega is tolerating Atlus' nonsense.

Maybe because if they do it, talent will go with them? Also maybe their purchasing agreement included their capability to remain completely independent?

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017

mhmm sure... please do tell more.

Congrats to Atlus. Hoping for a more serious persona next.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Game absolutely deserves the success and sales. I was so hesitant about Royal and the changes/additions it would add, as I already saw Persona 5 as my biggest surprise this gen and absolutely loved it.

Royal was incredible and all the new content and refinements made an exceptional game even more amazing. I just beat new game+ on Royal last night.

Can't wait for Persona 6 in the coming years! :D

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know I double dipped, the time gap in between this one and the base game contributed to that. I found myself skipping through most of the base dialogue, but overall it was enjoyable. I do think it could have been like a $30 DLC, however.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
The DLC for Royal is hilarious too, even if only 1000 bought that super pack for ÂŁ49.99 that's probably almost 100% profit for them lmfao

Imagine paying ÂŁ12/$15 for Kasumi skins when she's barely playable in this game

Oct 25, 2017
How you gonna walk in a thread about a full priced rerelease with additional content game in a world with expansions and dlc for less than half the price and say that line right there lol

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Awesome, now let's hear it for SMTV!

Hello..?

Anyone...?
From what I've heard, it focuses on different stuff from Persona. My favorite part of Persona is the slice of life stuff. Don't get me wrong, the combat and story is good, but something about just walking around and talking to people is really enjoyable. So I could see some divides between the fanbases of both.
Atlus cares not about money, they care about your sadness and tears.
Atlus derives greater pleasure from the tears of their fans than from actual money.
And I dislike them for this. I got into the series with 4G, but it's really outdated. 3 is even more outdated and has two "definitive" versions with different content than the other. Maybe do some rewrites so you can interact with social links for men and women regardless of which you pick. Hell, maybe even bring up the technology to the current day. But damnit do something! I want to know more about the Midnight Hour without having my party blast through their SP in five minutes.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping this eases people concerns about Scramble. COVID probably just slowed down localization.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Great, more reason for them to release minor upgrades as full priced games instead of DLC
Your post makes it sound like you didn't play Royal.

There is a massive amount of new content added, not just after the vanilla game, but new mechanics, new events, confidants, refinements, QoL enhancements, etc integrated into the base game. The new content after the original game is very large and I'd argue the best segment of the whole game.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kind of surprised that it did that well to be honest. Hopefully we get some news about Scramble now that Royal is out of the way.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017

While you have a point about the game not being multiplatform (Atlus is weird about that), you're discounting the fact that it's a Japanese game and that they are very much making a TON of merch for Persona 5, including literally dozens of high quality figures (even a few of Kasumi have been announced), wall scrolls, separate sound tracks, a manga, an admittedly mediocre anime, at least seven different collaborations off the top of my head... the list goes on.

Richardbro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
good considering its the game of the generation. As my first Persona game it was definitely a masterpiece.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I started Persona 3 recently and I wish they bring Royal to PC too. But it's Atlus so I'll have to buy PS5 to play it.