• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
personacentral.com

Persona 5 Royal Achieves 'Record Sales' in the West, According to Sega Financial Report - Persona Central

Sega Sammy has announced that Persona 5 Royal has achieved record sales in the U.S. and in Europe, thanks to digital sales.

In response to a question asking for Sega to elaborate on digital sales of physical game titles going well overseas, the performance of the recently released Persona 5 Royal was highlighted, among other game titles.

Also, in the "Persona" series, "Persona 5 Royal" began selling in the U.S. and Europe on March 31st, achieving record sales. While physical sales were restricted, the ratio of digital sales increased significantly and are remaining strong in FY21/3 (fiscal year ending in March 2021).
Sega states that the ratio of digital sales is increasing in the market overall [likely due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic]. Even if physical sales numbers decrease, profits will still increase if digital sales compensate for the same number of units that would normally be sold.

More in the link above

Atlus wins again
814af72fd9fc3d446a5819a93fc15a2b.gif

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news!! Here's to Project Re Fantasy, and Persona 6 breaking even more records!

ProjectReFantasy.jpg

*fan art for P6.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Pst... Atlus. I'm sure Persona 3 and 4 remakes would sell really well too. Do it.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, record sales as in better than p5? If so, wtf.

Deserved, but that'd be bizarre for a re-release.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
This better mean quicker localizations. Scramble still hasn't been announced and that's unacceptable.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Seems like in Spain game is about to outsold (provably already did with digital) og game, this happen when you translate a rpg here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to rerelease Persona 3 and 4. I'd gladly take a remake that used Persona 5's assets, but a simple remaster would be fine too. Just bring that shit on current-gen and on PCs.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Great news for Sega and turn-based JRPGs. Long may they both prosper.

I bought the Phantom Thieves edition, but haven't even opened it yet because of the swell of games that are out.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
Ill eat crow on this one. I didn't think the Royal edition would sell very well after the first week or so.

CrowArgonar

May 3, 2020
User warned: portbegging
It's bizarre that we see this with so many Japanese companies, they're simply not as money hungry as American companies. If this was American made, it would 100% be on switch, there would be remakes of older titles, and in a year it would be on Xbox and PC. It would probably get gamestop merch and talks of a Netflix series.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to rerelease Persona 3 and 4. I'd gladly take a remake that used Persona 5's assets, but a simple remaster would be fine too. Just bring that shit on current-gen and on PCs.
PC ain't gonna happen, I could still see a remake of P3 and P4 coming eventually though on PS4 (or PS5).

P3 needs a remake though with it's situation of not having a "best" version.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That's kind of sad, but alright.. let's cheer re-releasing a game with a bit more content for full price. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this encourages them to bring more Persona games to modern platforms. I would love to play Persona 4 Golden somewhere that isn't the Vita.

Maybe even bring the Persona 2 duology forward? Is that asking for too much?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's bizarre that we see this with so many Japanese companies, they're simply not as money hungry as American companies. If this was American made, it would 100% be on switch, there would be remakes of older titles, and in a year it would be on Xbox and PC. It would probably get gamestop merch and talks of a Netflix series.
You're telling me the same Atlus that made (or commissioned) music games, a fighting game, a stage show, concerts, anime, a warriors game spinoff/sequel thing, spinoff Etrian Odyssey-like games, selling day one DLC, selling the same DLC that was in the original game in the re-release (at least in the Japanese version), and more is not money hungry?

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017

lol good joke

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Ahem excuse me one second....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Atlus are like the most money hungry money grubbers out there. Their multiplat policies is just them being weirdos

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck? lol