• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Am I remembering wrong or is there are a unit sales milestone necessary for a game to be included in the Hits collection? If so, fantastic to see such a great game and previously relatively niche series do so well.

I paid full price for it and still haven't cracked it opened yet :-/
I bought it on release at full price and didn't get round to most of it until the start of this year. No regrets, great game and well worth the full price.

Ssj3gokou24

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Had to sell my previous ps4 so I picked up a pro towards the end of last yr. seems that my data wasn't saved to the cloud so I lost EVERYTHING! I was like 50 hrs in and "poof"! So, it just sits on my hard drive. That and nier:automata. Fuck is wrong with me?

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
User Warned: Port-begging. Ignoring mod post.
Damn, so tempted now. If there is a Switch version, I will only justify a more expensive copy if it includes more content.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So it'll have a red case?
Fourth copy for me if it does lol

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Am I remembering wrong or is there are a unit sales milestone necessary for a game to be included in the Hits collection? If so, fantastic to see such a great game and previously relatively niche series do so well.

I can't remember if there is (I feel like they mentioned one back when they launched the line, but I can't find anything about it with a quick search), but if there is, it's probably a bit lower than prior ones. This line feels a little more curated with a few niche titles included for increased visibility, like EDF and Yakuza Kiwami (the latter was added fairly soon after release, before it likely hit any significant sales target, so I suspect it was more of a scheduled price cut since it started at $30).

That being said, I seem to remember the original PS1 GH sales milestone being something like 400k, and P5 hit that long ago.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Port-begging. Ignoring mod post.
Nintendo about to announce P5S for Switch.

:(

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope this means P5R will be $40 at launch. Still working on KH3 but will be ready for another RPG once that's complete.

Mazuve1234

Sep 2, 2018
20 dollars is my buy price, but is it better than the goat, P4G?
I have been playing P4 for the last few weeks, going through the second palace at the moment after having finished P5 and P3 and I can say that my enjoyment of P5 was the highest. I also found the social links more interesting and the characters better in P5.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of content for $20, very much worth it. But yeah I guess most would want to wait to see what Royal is before jumping in.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Still have a sealed Take Your Heart Edition that my friend changed their mind on.

Gave my bag to another pal, but still got that lil Morgana...cool cat plush.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think buying this before the 24/25 is really smart.
Most people don't know anything is planned for April 24 and 25.
Also, even if Persona 5 Royal ends up being an enhanced release, it will be for $60, and $20 for the vanilla version in that context is more than good enough as a deal.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Better setting, better story, better characters. IMO obviously.
I have been playing P4 for the last few weeks, going through the second palace at the moment after having finished P5 and P3 and I can say that my enjoyment of P5 was the highest. I also found the social links more interesting and the characters better in P5.
Great feedback. I really loved P4G; sounds like I'll at least get my money's worth out of P5.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If this has a red case, I might have to buy another copy. Red case P5 and steelbook P5 = bliss.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Man, I was talking to a friend about how I missed the PS2 days of amazing games being sold for 20$ and I thought it stopped being a thing.
I played all those games on the list but all the power to those that haven't

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
If they ever release the enhanced version, I hope they also sell the added features via dlc for how much more the enhanced edition will cost compared to the GH version.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Every time I read a Persona 5 related thread, I think back to that thread about using ML to train on threads posted on this forum and the result is a Switch port begging bot.

Mr. Capo

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering Atlus re-releases of games tend to be more worse than the originals, this might be a good buy for those who are on the fence.

Oct 25, 2017
The perfect plan to get people to spend 20 dollars and then immediately announce the release date of Royal 2 weeks later.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is weird timing, considering most people would wanna wait ~20 days days to find out what R and S are.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Man, I was talking to a friend about how I missed the PS2 days of amazing games being sold for 20$ and I thought it stopped being a thing.
I played all those games on the list but all the power to those that haven't

Lol, what? Plenty of AAA titles are priced at $20.

P.S Not trying to be an asshole. I'm just a bit perplexed at how you never noticed all the AAA titles that have been priced at $20 for this whole generation.