• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Wonder where they go with the director now moving on to that new project. Pipe Dream would be protag and party characters being in the 23-30 age range and the game dealing with issues of millennials but that's not happening lol.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly well deserved. Keep up the great work Atlus!

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking cool, Joker. Very happy to see Atlus have their breakthrough moment like that. Can't wait to play TMS and P5R/S next year.

Now hand some of that cashmoney over to ArcSys and give me my Persona 5 Arena, pleeease

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I assume Persona games budget are a fraction of western AAA games.
This game had been in development for more than 3-4 years no?

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
That is pretty awesome. Not the biggest JRPG fan but Persona, SMT and FE are a ok in my book all for different reasons.

Finally bring it to Xbox One and get a few more million.
"A few more" would be more fitting. It has been shown time and again that games like these and the Xbox crowd don't exactly resonate.

This is by far the biggest seller Atlus has ever had on any platform in history. Its just a niche studio coming out of nichedom a bit. Compared to a huge AAA Nintedno first party exclusive, its pretty impressive
XB2 huge AAA exclusive? Lol! I'd wager you have not really played it? You can easily see the cut corners literally everywhere.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That is pretty awesome. Not the biggest JRPG fan but Persona, SMT and FE are a ok in my book all for different reasons.

"A few more" would be more fitting. It has been shown time and again that games like these and the Xbox crowd don't exactly resonate.

XB2 huge AAA exclusive? Lol! I'd wager you have not really played it? You can easily see the cut corners literally everywhere.

For a non se jrpg in this day and age? Absolutely

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats Atlus - keep it up.
This is by far the biggest seller Atlus has ever had on any platform in history. Its just a niche studio coming out of nichedom a bit. Compared to a huge AAA Nintedno first party exclusive, its pretty impressive
Seems like the term AAA has lost all his meaning - assuming you think that a XB2 had a much bigger budget that P5....which is very unlikely when you consider the staff involved and the development time.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Re fantasy is understandable since it was a recruitment announcement for a new studio inside atlus and they were upfront that it will take a long time and they didn't even start , no excuse for SMTV however

Technically they already got their remakes in PSP, second part of 2 remake isn't localized but I believe there is a fan translation
I know. I meant on the P5 engine.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
As a longtime fan I'm happy to see that this franchise has arrived. As a fan looking towards the future I'm worried about the business practices we're already seeing today become even scummier now that they know they can get away with it.

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
Deserved. One of my favorite gaming franchises so it's great to seem them do so well. Now bring on P6.

Oct 27, 2017
It's the best game of the generation, glad to see it's successful. That said, I hope they don't rest on their laurels and address the glaring criticisms that people had (namely the homophobic shit).

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Guys stop quoting the Xbox guy, I'm sure he's ashamed of his words and deeds.
I really do have to finish Death Strading so I can finally play this and Witcher 3 and see what the hype was all about. I'm sure I'm gonna love them.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing how well its sold. I wonder if the draconian streaming policies actually ended up helping sales in the end. Sure doesn't seem like it hurt it anyway.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Congrats Atlus - keep it up.

Seems like the term AAA has lost all his meaning - assuming you think that a XB2 had a much bigger budget that P5....which is very unlikely when you consider the staff involved and the development time.

i wasnt speaking in terms of money spent. Xenoblade 2 as an open world large scale title is clearly a big project, and with Nintendo's marketing behind it as a first party title, it makes sense to sell.

I dont think XB2 would have sold anywhere near as much without being affiliated with nintendo because they can give it that push, which makes me wonder if they are going to have a more hands on approach for SMT5 since there are plenty of JRPG fans on switch who are looking for games like tht

People laugh at me for saying so, but im dead serious when i say SMT5 has a chance of making the next big hit of Atlus if they play their cards right.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: port begging
Bet it'd sell another 500k at least on Switch if not a couple million.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Delighted for them and the ps4. Japanese games have done well on PlayStation this gen. Long may it last.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

Now put that money to good use Atlus. I expect a lot form SMTV and P6.
Remove the homophobia and give us proper lgbt representation, Atlus.
This and remove their shitty DLC policies
giphy.gif

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
when can we expect Shin Megami Tensei V?

and I'm guess p6 will be another 3-4 years after that?

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
It was a great game, I'm really glad it sold well. Since P4G and P5, the Persona franchise has really entered into the mainstream consciousness, which is fantastic to see as a fan.